Downgrading firmware
15486 5 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dirtfishingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235397 ft

United States

Guys i legit just got my MA2.  Seing everyones  issues im regretting updating it.  How do i downgrade the plane and the controller
2020-11-6
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

Use a PC or Mac  running DJI Assistant 2 (download from DJI web site). Connect the device (drone and/or controller) via USB.  *IF* a downgrade is allowed, the older firmwares will be listed, with a button to start the downgrade.  But some firmwares don't allow downgrade, so if no older versions are shown...  It is because the current firmware doesn't allow downgrade.

But for what it is worth....  I’m using the latest DJI Fly 1.20 (iOS) and the new controller firmware, and haven’t had any trouble with my MA2.   And downgrading firmware has potential to create more problems, via a "mismatch" between aircraft firmware, remote firmware, and/or Fly App versions -- so probably best kept as a "last resort".

Have you experienced any problems?  

2020-11-6
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Check this out, this maybe this will help some of the users (iOS) and Mavic Air 2

1. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

2. Click the blue text on this page (Downgrade)

3. https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 1-9ba3-9680fe4fc7e5

4. Remove the fly app on the Iphone (I’m using a 6S Plus and latest version of iOS)

5. Manually install and trust an enterprise app
Tap Settings > General > Profiles or Profiles & Device Management. Under the "Enterprise App" heading, you see a profile for the developer. Tap the name of the developer profile under the Enterprise App heading to establish trust for this developer. Install 1.1.10 Fly App.

Downgrade RC FW and Aircraft FW and roll back the to the previous version prior to DJI latest update with DJI Assistance 2

When you start up everything you might need to Pair the remote with your MA2

This worked for me with no issues…
2020-11-10
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Downgrading may cause conflicts between the DJI Fly app version 1.2.0 and the Air 2.  If you down grade the Air 2 make sure to downgrade the Controller also.  

I had some strange signal when I updated the DJI Fly app to version 1.2.0.  I contacted DJI and they recommend deleting the DJI Fly app and reinstalling.  
When the first Remote Controller update 11/5 came out I experienced strange flight telemetry and altitude.  On 11/7 a firmware update was released and resolved the issue.  

I would not recommend downgrading now that the issues have been resolved.  I opens the door for potential conflict if the App and the firmware are not in version sync or if the app auto updates and the firmware is not properly supported.
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_Nk1boZjIceKo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17267 ft
United Kingdom

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-10 09:59
Downgrading may cause conflicts between the DJI Fly app version 1.2.0 and the Air 2.  If you down grade the Air 2 make sure to downgrade the Controller also.  

I had some strange signal when I updated the DJI Fly app to version 1.2.0.  I contacted DJI and they recommend deleting the DJI Fly app and reinstalling.  

If you just include the new update released it should clear everything and start a fresh.
Done mine today and no problems.
2020-11-11
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

A new firmware update for the Mavic Air 2 was rolled out today, (11/11/2020).  Hopefully, it will address the issues and there will be no need to downgrade.
2020-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules