How do you enable decimal time lengths in Ronin app?
388 5 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChazWinter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15262 ft
United States

Hi, I just got a DJI Ronin-SC, and I've been playing around with the app and watching Youtube videos to learn more about it.

I've noticed that, when explaining features such as Track or Timelapse, people on youtube have the ability to set their timers with precision down to tenths of a second (0.5, 0.6, 0.7, etc). However, when I go into my app (Android app, version 1.4.1), I only have the option to enter full seconds (0, 1, 2, 3, etc).

How do I get fractional time lengths? For some scenarios, whole seconds simply don't work. For example, timing movements to the beat of a music video, where not every song is exactly 60 or 120 bpm. Do I need different firmware (current firmware is 1.5.0.40)? Do I need an older version of the app? Do I need the apple version of the app (I have an iPad)?
Thanks!

2020-11-6
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
Canada

I tried my iPad today, and same issue - I can only select whole number time intervals.

What are the people on YouTube doing differently to get decimal time lengths? Does nobody else seriously have this issue, or are they all just okay with it for some reason?
For what it's worth, I also tried several older versions of the app. Version 1.2.0 has half-second increments, but the Stop Time can't be set below 1.0 seconds, and even worse, you can't actually use the feature unless you connect the camera cable! What in the actual fu

2020-11-7
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
United States

Guess I'm the only one that cares about this feature. Cool.
2020-11-20
Use props
Harry Furneaux
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Did you ever find the solution?
2021-9-1
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
United States

double post
2021-9-2
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
United States

Harry Furneaux Posted at 9-1 20:34
Did you ever find the solution?

No. I gave up on it. I ended up buying a DJI Pocket 2 and liked it so much that I haven't touched my DSLR and Ronin in months.
2021-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules