654 15 2020-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A fair few existing Mini owners wondering whether to upgrade.
Well, my first impressinos are the new Mini 2 is a sturdier bit of kit with stronger legs and rotors; I'm putting together a first flight video comparison but in the meantime, here's some key points to think on:

2020-11-7
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30348 ft
United States

At the end of the day it comes own to:
1) do you have the money to buy another quad?
2) do you have a need for the new features/capability (i.e. do you use it in a business)?
3) do you like to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
4) do you simply enjoy flying, taking photos and videos?

The fact is, the Mini 2 has a lot of improved features and capabilities over the Mini 2 so "should you upgrade" really comes down to 1 or more of the above. You really don't need to watch videos and have some else give you their opinion!

It's a good day to fly,
Michael
2020-11-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I just opened my tax bill that was for extra tax missed by HMRC Luckily I was expecting it to be £7,500 and I had the money set aside. It turns out it is £5,900. Should I go drop £549 on the mini 2 Argos has them in stock
2020-11-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

good video!
2020-11-7
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-7 06:42
Well I just opened my tax bill that was for extra tax missed by HMRC Luckily I was expecting it to be £7,500 and I had the money set aside. It turns out it is £5,900. Should I go drop £549 on the mini 2  Argos has them in stock

After testing it today, I can firmly say yes.  Sturdier, faster and perfect signal.....
2020-11-7
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SublimeQuad Posted at 11-7 06:18
At the end of the day it comes own to:
1) do you have the money to buy another quad?
2) do you have a need for the new features/capability (i.e. do you use it in a business)?

8:29 on the video.  "Think exactly why you want to upgrade...."
2020-11-7
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 11-7 11:18
After testing it today, I can firmly say yes.  Sturdier, faster and perfect signal.....

I agree, build quality is much improved
2020-11-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ian in London. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have created. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep on flying.
2020-11-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm a mini owner, but when I saw occusync on the mini2 I knew I had to have it.  Ordered mine about an hour ago.
2020-11-8
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Actually, IF you can spend more money and you do not travel internationally. There's really no reason to buy a Mini or Mini2 (and I own both). If all you'll be doing is flying within your country. Make the effort to get one of the more advance DJI drones as you'll be less likely to crash/lost it.
2020-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It certainly looks like a good upgrade.
2020-11-9
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 11-8 22:05
Actually, IF you can spend more money and you do not travel internationally. There's really no reason to buy a Mini or Mini2 (and I own both). If all you'll be doing is flying within your country. Make the effort to get one of the more advance DJI drones as you'll be less likely to crash/lost it.

There is no issue with international travel to most countries with the Air 2 or 2 pro.... I've never had problems anywhere....
2020-11-9
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ian in London Posted at 11-9 02:28
There is no issue with international travel to most countries with the Air 2 or 2 pro.... I've never had problems anywhere....

Did you actually read the countries regulations. Most countries requires registration/permit to operate drones over 250grams. The fact that you have managed it does not makes it legal.
2020-11-9
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 11-9 08:11
Did you actually read the countries regulations. Most countries requires registration/permit to operate drones over 250grams. The fact that you have managed it does not makes it legal.

Yes, of course I read and check the rules. Most countries don't require a permit.  Many only require registration over a certain weight; (eg France over 800 grams; UK over 250 gms; USA over 250 grms.  Germany requires a fireproof label with your name and address attached.  My point is that it's no issue travelling (ie through airport security).   No permits are usually required and some countries simply require basic registration...  To me, these aren't issues that's all....

Cheers
Ian
2020-11-9
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ian in London Posted at 11-9 08:36
Yes, of course I read and check the rules. Most countries don't require a permit.  Many only require registration over a certain weight; (eg France over 800 grams; UK over 250 gms; USA over 250 grms.  Germany requires a fireproof label with your name and address attached.  My point is that it's no issue travelling (ie through airport security).   No permits are usually required and some countries simply require basic registration...  To me, these aren't issues that's all....

Cheers

Basically, you can't fly a MA2 in the UK without registration, same with most of Asia (with Japan at 200 gram but you can get a Japanese Mini Battery that drops the weight to 199gram). That's why I said the Mini is great if you travel. But a MA2 or above is better and more flexible if you don't.
2020-11-9
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 11-9 08:50
Basically, you can't fly a MA2 in the UK without registration, same with most of Asia (with Japan at 200 gram but you can get a Japanese Mini Battery that drops the weight to 199gram). That's why I said the Mini is great if you travel. But a MA2 or above is better and more flexible if you don't.

Fair enough.  I did initially thinking you meant airport issues; either way, yep, the Mini makes life easier.
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules