Weak signal
1649 11 2015-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eishiba_lancord
lvl.2

United States

I have a Professional model and I always start off each flight with calibrating the compass. When I go to fly, it will go about 600 feet before it says "Weak Signal". I know that if there are objects in the way, that affects the range. This will happen even if I fly it straight up above me. I always have my antennas angled away from each other. The left one at about a 10-11 o clock position and the right one at about a 1-2 o clock position. Once it tells me I have a weak signal I bring it back into range. I may be wrong, but I thought there was a way to increase the range of your drone. Is this true? Or is there anything else I can do or should check?

2015-6-26
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Both antennas should be at 12 o'clock and pointed up. Not straight up but basically I click in the middle of that makes sense. Try to find a place that is wide open and give it a try.
2015-6-27
Use props
fatchikfir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 307618 ft
Israel

Hello to you
I fly with an iPhone  6 .During the flight I have a lot of interference on the screen and watching a very bad communication.
What can you do about it
By the way I am open spaces
I would appreciate your reply on the subject
2015-6-27
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
United States

fatchikfir Posted at 2015-6-28 02:46
Hello to you
I fly with an iPhone  6 .During the flight I have a lot of interference on the screen a ...

What kind of area do you fly in?
2015-6-28
Use props
eishiba_lancord
lvl.2

United States

nickmedici@bell Posted at 2015-6-28 02:02
Both antennas should be at 12 o'clock and pointed up. Not straight up but basically I click in the m ...

I always fly in an open area and it still loses signal around 182 meters and dji boasts it can go 2000 meters away on an open field with nothing around.
2015-6-28
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

eishiba_lancord Posted at 2015-6-29 05:42
I always fly in an open area and it still loses signal around 182 meters and dji boasts it can go  ...

I find if you are basically ontop of your home point(while still standing there) you will have weak signal as you gain height.  Its just how the radio freq works, a dead zone above and below.  

If you fly out a good ways then gain height you will notice that the weak signal goes away.  

For instance, if I fly up to 600 feet then to 600 feet out ill get the weak signal warning, but if I fly out 600 feet at 100 feet then go to 600 feet high no issue with weak signal.  

I have put mine out to 500m and 450m high no issues.
2015-6-28
Use props
skyeboysteve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5616722 ft
United States

Has anyone noticed a difference in signal when using a tablet vs a phone?  I often find that I get poor reception going straight up while using an iPad Air, even with the antennas pointing parallel to the ground (perpendicular to the direction of the P3P), and the iPad tilted up so as not to obscure the antennas (or even held separately by a friend).  However, when using my iPhone 6+, I get no issues at all.  I'm usually lucky to get a mile horizontal range with an iPad (where RTH was initiated due to loss of signal), but with my iPhone I've gone as far as 1.75 miles, and never lost video feed (not even a flicker)--I could have gone farther but winds were high and I was feeling nervous about having enough power to get back home.
2015-6-28
Use props
fatchikfir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 307618 ft
Israel

nickmedici@bell Posted at 2015-6-29 01:16
What kind of area do you fly in?

I fly in open space and always in sight
How do you explain that I was in a football field distance 15 meters away and 20 meters in height and has a lot of interference on the screen
2015-6-29
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
United States

eishiba_lancord Posted at 2015-6-29 05:42
I always fly in an open area and it still loses signal around 182 meters and dji boasts it can go  ...

I've flown mine over a lake which is an open area and gave gotten it over the 1.2 miles advertised. I can only think that you are in an area of a lot of interference or there is an issue with your unit.
2015-6-29
Use props
info
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1158586 ft
United States

Reviving this topic.  Flew in a completely open field yesterday and was having lots of issues with the video being transmitted down.  Choppy, incoherent, and generally unstable.  Many different altitudes and antenna angles were used.  Any thoughts in how to correct this at all?
2015-9-11
Use props
ed.weibe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40056 ft
United States

one can manually go in and change the comm frequency in the menu's. Look into that. Process of elimination. I'd make sure my mobile device was in airplane mode too in case the bird and your mobile device are competing.
2015-9-11
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Go into HD transmission settings select custom and set the the transmission rate the lowest and select a channel with the least interference and get the 32channel hack and set to channel 32.
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules