Drone disconnected during flight
3209 26 2020-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95912 ft
Germany

On Monday I updated the firmware of the RC, Mavic Air 2 to V02.00.1100. Today I nearly had a crash. The Mavic Air 2 fly in 2m hight nearly to myself and suddenly Mavic Air 2 did not respond anymore. The message on the display was: "drone disconnected from the rc". I could barely grab it and I had remove the battery. So it does not broken.
2020-11-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another RC update has been released today. 1101. I'm hoping this is the fix... Also relink the RC to the AC and refresh the FW on the RC only using Assistant 2 for Mavic. And if using an iPhone make sure the phone is on the latest iOS FW 14.2.
2020-11-7
Use props
wildlifemoments
lvl.2
Flight distance : 927277 ft
United States

A J Posted at 11-7 09:41
Another RC update has been released today. 1101. I'm hoping this is the fix... Also relink the RC to the AC and refresh the FW on the RC only using Assistant 2 for Mavic. And if using an iPhone make sure the phone is on the latest iOS FW 14.2.

Yesterday I updated the firmware of the RC, mavic Air 2. Then I went to fly and the first flight with the first battery all ok, I changed the battery, it started ok, at a certain point it goes down alone at maximum speed, and the message on display was: "drone disconnected from the rc", for which the commands did not respond, he landed suddenly without braking close to the ground, luckily on the edge of a road with the grass, so much so that the engines did not stop and I had to turn them off, did not do the RTH. I recalibrated everything to see if everything worked and I flew a little but I don't know if everything is really ok, but the auxiliary light now does not work anymore maybe due to the hard landing.
2020-11-7
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I went out yesterday, fortunately in an open field at a school which I rarely do as I prefer longer more interesting flights, to test the Mavic Air 2 in the wind and see how Active Track responded.  

I noticed that some things seemed off with the flight telemetry data displaying and the responses on the controller.  I landed and took off several times and even restarted the drone.  It just felt strange.

Thanks for the information about the new Controller update.
2020-11-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wildlifemoments Posted at 11-7 10:20
Yesterday I updated the firmware of the RC, mavic Air 2. Then I went to fly and the first flight with the first battery all ok, I changed the battery, it started ok, at a certain point it goes down alone at maximum speed, and the message on display was: "drone disconnected from the rc", for which the commands did not respond, he landed suddenly without braking close to the ground, luckily on the edge of a road with the grass, so much so that the engines did not stop and I had to turn them off, did not do the RTH. I recalibrated everything to see if everything worked and I flew a little but I don't know if everything is really ok, but the auxiliary light now does not work anymore maybe due to the hard landing.

Sorry to read that - send it back under warranty
2020-11-7
Use props
wildlifemoments
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 11-7 10:31
Sorry to read that - send it back under warranty

Yes, anyway if I had flown over the sea now it would be lost...
2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wildlifemoments Posted at 11-8 02:20
Yes, anyway if I had flown over the sea now it would be lost...

I have just taken my MA2 out on the latest updates and didn't experience a single glitch
2020-11-8
Use props
wildlifemoments
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 11-8 02:21
I have just taken my MA2 out on the latest updates and didn't experience a single glitch

Yes, for me the same in the first flight, all ok, in the second flight, same place, 20 minutes after the 1st, the disconnection...
2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wildlifemoments Posted at 11-8 02:45
Yes, for me the same in the first flight, all ok, in the second flight, same place, 20 minutes after, the disconnection...

Very strange. I flew the MA2 using iOS FW 14.2 with my iPhone XS, on the latest DJI RC FW .1101 updated yesterday, fly app version for iOS 1.2.0 and not a single issue.
2020-11-8
Use props
Ziggy Malone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22848 ft
United Kingdom

This is all scary stuff. I’m not upgrading firmware on my phone, controller or aircraft until people say it’s clear.

Has anyone done the upgrades and not had any problem?
2020-11-8
Use props
wildlifemoments
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 11-8 02:48
Very strange. I flew the MA2 using iOS FW 14.2 with my iPhone XS, on the latest DJI RC FW .1101 updated yesterday, fly app version for iOS 1.2.0 and not a single issue.

yes but this problem was with the RC fw update of 6th november, on 7th they have updated with a new one.
2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wildlifemoments Posted at 11-8 03:34
yes but this problem was with the RC fw update of 6th november, on 7th they have updated with a new one.

Thats what I'm saying - it's now fixed.
2020-11-8
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

A J Posted at 11-8 02:21
I did a few more flights with 1.2 app 889 build Android and old RC fw. Video feed is a bit lagy (a few glitches per flight in HD, no los of signal) and map indicator as well (both were rock solid in previous app ver). Will update RC if it helps...
2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 11-8 04:43
I did a few more flights with 1.2 app 889 build Android and old RC fw. Video feed is a bit lagy (a few glitches per flight in HD, no los of signal) and map indicator as well (both were rock solid in previous app ver). Will update RC if it helps...

I had my MA2 over half a mile away in thick fog whilst I stood behind a small woodland blocking LOS and it didn't even lose a bar in signal. Performed perfectly though as I say, that was using iOS and on the last firmware update for the remote (.1101) which was released only yesterday and seems to be the fix.
2020-11-8
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

A J Posted at 11-8 02:48
Very strange. I flew the MA2 using iOS FW 14.2 with my iPhone XS, on the latest DJI RC FW .1101 updated yesterday, fly app version for iOS 1.2.0 and not a single issue.

I can confirm for my S7 Android,
Just returned from a 25 Min. flight taking some last Indian Summer pics and vids.
With the latest update DJI RC FW .1101 everything looks fine now. Did some 4:3,  16:9 stills, 4k30 video
and 360 pano.
All the time i could not dicover any further video stream glitches and no link cut.

2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 11-8 05:22
I can confirm for my S7 Android,
Just returned from a 25 Min. flight taking some last Indian Summer pics and vids.
With the latest update DJI RC FW .1101 everything looks fine now. Did some 4:3,  16:9 stills, 4k30 video

Same here - good to know. Quite a few are also saying its fixed now following .1101
2020-11-8
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Not sure if my experience is any help but after the Mini 2  launch I had updated to iOS app 1.2 and this prompted the firmware update for the remote (first one). I didn't fly the drone at that stage but was messing with colour grading so had shot some video footage whilst indoors without the aircraft flying. I didn't notice any unusual screen lag doing this and certainly no breakup of the video signal to my ipad mini 5. Yesterday I installed the second November update for the remote (.1101) and spotted some of the discussions on the forum about issues.

This morning I had the opportunity for a short local test flight and I can't say I encountered any issues, though the MA2 only traveled a few hundred meters in distance. This was in an urban area where 2.4G background noise has always been high and as usual the transmission setting of auto selected the 5G band. Though not an exhaustive test I don't seem to be having any issues. Like I said, App is running on an iPad mini 5 with the latest OS (14.1) - not sure if there's any significant difference between iOS and iPad OS - and this is a European model of the Mavic Air 2.   
2020-11-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Smashey1 Posted at 11-8 05:28
Not sure if my experience is any help but after the Mini 2  launch I had updated to iOS app 1.2 and this prompted the firmware update for the remote (first one). I didn't fly the drone at that stage but was messing with colour grading so had shot some video footage whilst indoors without the aircraft flying. I didn't notice any unusual screen lag doing this and certainly no breakup of the video signal to my ipad mini 5. Yesterday I installed the second November update for the remote (.1101) and spotted some of the discussions on the forum about issues.

This morning I had the opportunity for a short local test flight and I can't say I encountered any issues, though the MA2 only traveled a few hundred meters in distance. This was in an urban area where 2.4G background noise has always been high and as usual the transmission setting of auto selected the 5G band. Though not an exhaustive test I don't seem to be having any issues. Like I said, App is running on an iPad mini 5 with the latest OS (14.1) - not sure if there's any significant difference between iOS and iPad OS - and this is a European model of the Mavic Air 2.

Exactly the same as me - seems were we fortunate not to fly on .1100
2020-11-8
Use props
pagi_pl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1414160 ft
Poland

Hey.
Any other expresions from Android users?
They fixed already ?
Is it safe to fly with 2 updates of DJI FLY app and RC ?
2020-11-8
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

pagi_pl Posted at 11-8 13:18
Hey.
Any other expresions from Android users?
They fixed already ?

This week i have had 2 updates on the Flyapp (initial 1.2.0 + another build) and 3 updates on the RC ( initial for mm2 support + 2 build updates)
For me on Android everything seems to be fine now.
2020-11-8
Use props
pagi_pl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1414160 ft
Poland

MySky Posted at 11-8 13:52
This week i have had 2 updates on the Flyapp (initial 1.2.0 + another build) and 3 updates on the RC ( initial for mm2 support + 2 build updates)
For me on Android everything seems to be fine now.

OK many thanks
Can You pls confirm Your RC SW 1101 ?
2020-11-8
Use props
PrinceSoler
lvl.1

Malaysia

i had try all mode in 1101 firmware , there is no issue anymore , but beware that this update doesn't works on some phone that also runs on 64bit android 10 phone.
I did compare with some android devices, all are 64bits phone , the difference were on RAM and Processer(snapdragon and hikirin processor). There's the result ,
On chipset side, the firmware did performance very good on mid high and high end chipset , such snapdragon 720G , 845 and above, hikirin 980 and 990 and above with at least 6gb of ram required.
While on low end chipset with lesser than 6gb ram, its still able to run smooth on video recording and photo mode, but not on quickshot and panorama mode, screen will freeze after trigger those features.
Haven't test on other chipset like mediatek yet ..
Hope this info help other pilot outside..
2020-11-8
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

PrinceSoler Posted at 11-8 17:53
i had try all mode in 1101 firmware , there is no issue anymore , but beware that this update doesn't works on some phone that also runs on 64bit android 10 phone.
I did compare with some android devices, all are 64bits phone , the difference were on RAM and Processer(snapdragon and hikirin processor). There's the result ,
On chipset side, the firmware did performance very good on mid high and high end chipset , such snapdragon 720G , 845 and above, hikirin 980 and 990 and above with at least 6gb of ram required.

thx for the latest tested and update!
i used samsung s8,, not tested yet. hopefully can work perfectly.
2020-11-8
Use props
wildlifemoments
lvl.2
United States

PrinceSoler Posted at 11-8 17:53
i had try all mode in 1101 firmware , there is no issue anymore , but beware that this update doesn't works on some phone that also runs on 64bit android 10 phone.
I did compare with some android devices, all are 64bits phone , the difference were on RAM and Processer(snapdragon and hikirin processor). There's the result ,
On chipset side, the firmware did performance very good on mid high and high end chipset , such snapdragon 720G , 845 and above, hikirin 980 and 990 and above with at least 6gb of ram required.

Anyway I have android and downgraded to the RC 0340, and the dji fly to the 1.1.10, I'm not trust of this new updates. Using the rc 1100 and dji fly 1.2.0 I had a crash...
2020-11-9
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

For those who are still in doubt.

2020-11-10
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

There are two things that have been problematic with the Mavic Air 2.  

DJI Fly app version 1.2.0 - the update caused video connectivity to become unstable, lag and freeze.  In addition the stick commands were not accurate and caused the Mavic Air 2 to respond errantly to the commands.  - Fix: As per DJI Support delete the DJI Fly app and reinstall it.  This resolved the problem for me.

Remote Control firmware -
11/5 update - added support for Mini 2
11/7 update fixed problems with the firmware released on 11/5
2020-11-10
Use props
pezet
New

Poland

After upgrade firmware for RC, there is no connection between RC and smartphone (Redmi Note 4, Android 7).
Re-installation of DJI Fly app and refreshing of RC firmware doesn't work.
RC doesn't send signal to smartphone, does not charge the phone.
It's no possibility to downgrade RC software because all older versions of sowtware dissapeared in DJI Assistant...
2020-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules