got it!!
833 3 2015-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mspinner1
lvl.1

United States

Just goy my advance phantom. A new ipad mini2, and i am about to load app. I have not done anything to the quad except charge the battery. So, should i update the firmware? will it let me register and such without doing it? I know there is a new update for the iso app, but i dont even know whats in the bird. I never even turned it on yet. What should i do? will they warrenty it if i dont? Sucks that i should be afraid to update anything. But thats what this site has done to me   regards, Mark

2015-6-27
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are not required to update the firmware. If you choose not to, you won't void your warranty.

Here's a good how-to on installing firmware:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-phantom-3-firmware.45178

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-6-27
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Unless you downloaded 1.1.2 of the Pilot app, your not going to have a choice as what to install on your iPad. The current version of the IOS Pilot app is 1.2.0 . That's what both Apple and DJI have posted. With Apple being a closed system, you can't go to a third party for apps unless you jail break the devise.

As for the firmware, did your quad ship from China or was it dealer stock? If it's a recent shipment, it probably has 1.2.8 installed. If not, if it were dealer stock, you might have 1.1.9 .
2015-6-27
Use props
Zman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

I was also thinking of picking up a second P3p from the dealer I purchased mine from. I called and asked yesterday if the ones they have in stock have 1.1.9 and they told me no they have the latest FW.
2015-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules