Pocket 2 UNUSABLE...Constant SD card ERROR
16301 26 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NyVetteGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just got my Pocket 2 Friday, worked ok for one day then started with this issue.

Using Sandisk Extreme Plus U3 128GB Sd cards. Pocket 2 says change SD card, remove and reinstall SD takes care of it sometimes, most of the time continues with error and I cannot use the Pocket 2. I have tried multiple cards so it's not the card.

Anyone else with this issue
2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there NyVetteGuy. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you've encountered an issue with your DJI Pocket 2. For us to be able to assist you further, where you able to isolate and check if the issue will persist upon formatting the SD cards first before mounting it back on the DJI Pocket 2? Kindly reminder before we format the SD card please back up your important shots on it. Thank you.
2020-11-9
Use props
NyVetteGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 02:12
Hello there NyVetteGuy. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you've encountered an issue with your DJI Pocket 2. For us to be able to assist you further, where you able to isolate and check if the issue will persist upon formatting the SD cards first before mounting it back on the DJI Pocket 2? Kindly reminder before we format the SD card please back up your important shots on it. Thank you.

Yes I have formatted multiple times.
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

NyVetteGuy Posted at 11-9 03:21
Yes I have formatted multiple times.

Hello there NyVetteGuy, thank you for your reply and I'm sorry to know that please be advised that if the issue still persists we may need to send it back for a proper assessment. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.
2020-11-9
Use props
NyVetteGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 06:26
Hello there NyVetteGuy, thank you for your reply and I'm sorry to know that please be advised that if the issue still persists we may need to send it back for a proper assessment. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.

I will contact as you requested but just hope you can send another one in return for this one. It worked for one day.
2020-11-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the exact same SD card and it worked fine for the first outing.  The next time I tried it I got the SD card error.  Pocket 2 simply refused to recognize it.  I took it out and formatted it in my PC and put it back in Pocket 2.  Worked.  So then I immediately reformatted it using the Pocket 2.  I took over 50 photos and several video clips since and have not had anymore errors.  Hope you get yours fixed soon as it is a great product.
2020-11-9
Use props
Lisa Litchfield
New

United Kingdom

I got my daughter one for her birthday and shes never been able to use it, im not computer literate and she has learning difficulties so dont know how to format and with lock down we cant get it sorted.  This was purchased because we thought it would be easy for her to use and the sd card issue is stopping its use.
2021-1-26
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Lisa Litchfield Posted at 1-26 03:15
I got my daughter one for her birthday and shes never been able to use it, im not computer literate and she has learning difficulties so dont know how to format and with lock down we cant get it sorted.  This was purchased because we thought it would be easy for her to use and the sd card issue is stopping its use.

format sd card: swip down->enter the setting(click into gear like button)->click the sd storage button

then  you can see the format.
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_quyqPFe4bimX
New
Canada

Hello, I too am having this issue where my Pocket 2 won't read my SD Card. It is a Kingston Canvas Go! Plus 256gb. I have formatted and reformatted it on my computer and it still doesn't work. When I try to format it with the Pocket 2, it says format failed. Please help!
2021-1-27
Use props
schataut
lvl.1

Nepal

I have been having a lot of issues as well. I feel like it's related to cold temperature but I am not sure. I am currently traveling and it was quite cold here mid 30s about a month ago and I would always have issues with SD card ERROR. Now that the temperature is not cold anymore 60s and I am not seeing the same error. I got a new card and formatted it correctly but same error.  I hope DJI does some investigation.
2021-3-6
Use props
lucasoutway
New

Brazil

Comprei varios cartoes e todos estavam dando esse erro também, ate que comprei esse cartão de memoria da Sandisk e funcionou https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Ar4e5t
2021-5-22
Use props
djiuser_CoT74DjDVCQ5
New

United Kingdom

Sadly my Pocket 2 just arrived along with the recommended SanDisk Extreme 128gb. It’s as if the SD card isn’t recognised as being in place? Not sure but will be seeking help this morning.
2021-5-24
Use props
djiuser_CoT74DjDVCQ5
New

United Kingdom

Sadly my Pocket 2 just arrived along with the recommended SanDisk Extreme 128gb. It’s as if the SD card isn’t recognised as being in place? Not sure but will be seeking help this morning.
2021-5-25
Use props
tsmic
lvl.2
Finland

djiuser_quyqPFe4bimX Posted at 1-27 20:40
Hello, I too am having this issue where my Pocket 2 won't read my SD Card. It is a Kingston Canvas Go! Plus 256gb. I have formatted and reformatted it on my computer and it still doesn't work. When I try to format it with the Pocket 2, it says format failed. Please help!

I have plenty of issues with that very same Kingston card. It worked initially just fine, but then more and more errors, like recording stops in less than 10 seconds, card error messages when starting Pocket 2 and sometimes unreadable video files. I swapped cards between Pocket 2 and an old DSRL and with a considerably slower u1 class Sandisk there were no problems. Also the DSLR works very well with Kingston Canvas Go. I tested block errors and speeds of both cards in PC and measurements matched their specs. I guess that Pocket 2 just doesn't get along with that Kingston card. It is likely a bug in Pocket 2 firmware, but I don't know for sure.
2021-7-12
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

tsmic Posted at 7-12 11:25
I have plenty of issues with that very same Kingston card. It worked initially just fine, but then more and more errors, like recording stops in less than 10 seconds, card error messages when starting Pocket 2 and sometimes unreadable video files. I swapped cards between Pocket 2 and an old DSRL and with a considerably slower u1 class Sandisk there were no problems. Also the DSLR works very well with Kingston Canvas Go. I tested block errors and speeds of both cards in PC and measurements matched their specs. I guess that Pocket 2 just doesn't get along with that Kingston card. It is likely a bug in Pocket 2 firmware, but I don't know for sure.

With the latest firmware version all Kingston cards stopped working. They will eventually fail recording at some point and destroy files. This is because the Pocket 2 not the card.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =241147&pid=2505122
2021-7-12
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

I'm having this problem now. I just lost 100GB of data because the MicroSD card suddenly refused to be accessed by my PC. Normally I can plug in a USB-C cable to the Pocket 2 and following a prompt I can access the data. No longer. Now I need to use a MicroSD card reader but even doing this the card was inaccessible and I was forced to format the card and I lost 100GB of data. I'm afraid to use the Pocket 2 at all now. What a worthless piece of .... Between this and the tracking issue. I will never buy another Pocket product from DJI.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D765%26typeid%3D765
2021-7-20
Use props
djiuser_k37yTUtcpQ2N
New

Russia

Same card, same problem. Sandisk extreme 128. Brand new card, new pocket 2. Just inserted - device said replace sd card. Refused to format in device. PC sees sd card, device doesn't.
2022-4-16
Use props
djiuser_JfqQE41F0jEs
lvl.1

Denmark

Hi ... Like many of you, I'm having a similar problem with a brand new Pocket 2 showing an SD card error (128Gb AXE SD card)... also tried an older 16Gb Kingston SD card  - same outcome :-( Pocket 2 firmware is up to ... SD card formatted on PC (full format) and then on Pocket 2 ... have anyone found a solution to this problem ??
2022-10-16
Use props
djiuser_JfqQE41F0jEs
lvl.1

Denmark

Hi - I have same problem - did u ever manage to get it resolved ? if yes - HOW ?
2022-10-16
Use props
djiuser_JfqQE41F0jEs
lvl.1

Poland

exactly same issue for me ... and have now tried multiple SD cards and two Pocket 2 devices :-( ... LOOKING FOR WAYS TO SOLVE THIS
2022-11-8
Use props
djiuser_cX2f1cu5vLWP
New
Flight distance : 56788 ft
Netherlands

Same issue. Does anyone have a solution?
2023-2-28
Use props
SYEED SAMIULLAH SADAAT
New

Germany

Hallo pocket 2 when i recorded 4K Video and I Export these videos for my pc the video was stagnantly recorded.
2023-5-19
Use props
fansad056aba
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem. Keeps saying sd error. Fix this DJI. What good is this thing if it doesn’t work properly???
2023-5-30
Use props
fansad056aba
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_NtehCobtEfum Posted at 2021-7-20 12:41
I'm having this problem now. I just lost 100GB of data because the MicroSD card suddenly refused to be accessed by my PC. Normally I can plug in a USB-C cable to the Pocket 2 and following a prompt I can access the data. No longer. Now I need to use a MicroSD card reader but even doing this the card was inaccessible and I was forced to format the card and I lost 100GB of data. I'm afraid to use the Pocket 2 at all now. What a worthless piece of .... Between this and the tracking issue. I will never buy another Pocket product from DJI.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=239825&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D765%26typeid%3D765

I’m with you! Piece of crap and a waste of money!!
2023-5-30
Use props
fansad056aba
lvl.1
United States

Same here. Going on website to leave a poor review!
2023-5-30
Use props
djiuser_ZrsyUeGriAdy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 523114 ft
Argentina

Dame problem. I usted diferents card and it happened. O los very importantblaterialmof My works. Please . Whic isbthebproblem? Can You be responsables of this problem? My Pocket 2 is in guarantee. I hope somebody listen and do something
2023-6-10
Use props
Junglefly
New

Slovenia

Same issues in 2024. Is just a Chinese quality thing. Stay away.
1-27 12:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules