dji pilot app
1718 10 2015-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gshdogs
New

United States

New to site, so bear with me.  I have purchased the P3 and awaiting arrival, June 30.  I have tried to download the DJI pilot app on my ipad.  Running IOS 8.3, a fourth generation ipad, checked model number.  It tells me this pilot app is not compatible with this device.  I also tried on my iphone5.  I get the same message.  I have tried to download connected to Verizon and tried connected to WiFi.  I know there have been some previous challenges with IOS 8.3, but thought those had been resolved.  What am I not getting.  
2015-6-27
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

I'm using an iPad Mini 3, but running 1.1.2 .

Apple/DJI pulled version 1.1.2 yesterday and replaced it with version 1.2.0.

Try restarting your devise, then go back to the App store and download/install the Pilot app.

If you previously downloaded 1.1.2 it should be in your trash can. You can put it back into your iTunes folder and reinstall.
2015-6-27
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

gshdogs, the 4th generation iPad and iPhone 5 don't have compatible processors. You need an Apple device with an A7 or A8 processor.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-6-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Sorry but the 4th generation iPad is not compatible.  You need an iOS device with an A7 or A8 processor.
2015-6-27
Use props
Mspinner1
lvl.1

United States

i have a ipad mini 2. its updated to the latest apple platform. it wont let me download the pilot app. says not compatible. any help?
2015-6-27
Use props
w.klaas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 443583 ft
Germany

Just got mine iPad mini 2 yesterday. And it worked without any Problems.
2015-6-27
Use props
gshdogs
New

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-6-28 01:30
gshdogs, the 4th generation iPad and iPhone 5 don't have compatible processors. You need an Apple de ...

I will return the P3 and wait on DJI to get up to speed on firmware and software.  I do find some of the claims on compatibility to be misleading.  DJI should have made purchasers aware of product specs.  Will not spend additional dollars.  I have the latest software to run Apple products.  
2015-6-28
Use props
gshdogs
New

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-6-28 01:30
gshdogs, the 4th generation iPad and iPhone 5 don't have compatible processors. You need an Apple de ...

I checked and reconfirmed the model iPad A1403 is a 3rd generation iPad with an A5x professor.  I also rebooted iPad, tried to download pilot app and it still tells me it is not compatible.  What to do other than spending an additional $300 to $400 bcc DJI is behind.  
2015-6-28
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

gshdogs Posted at 2015-6-28 22:57
I checked and reconfirmed the model iPad A1403 is a 3rd generation iPad with an A5x professor.  I  ...

They are not necessarily behind. They require a processor with a certain level of power. Not an uncommon requiremnt for any software. If you could install it on a device with a slow processor, like i believe you can on android, you will not like the video lag and other issues.
2015-6-28
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

gshdogs Posted at 2015-6-28 22:57
I checked and reconfirmed the model iPad A1403 is a 3rd generation iPad with an A5x professor.  I  ...

DJI is not behind, you are.  Your devices are three years old.  Time to upgrade.
2015-6-28
Use props
headkumquat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16060 ft
Canada

gshdogs Posted at 2015-6-28 22:46
I will return the P3 and wait on DJI to get up to speed on firmware and software.  I do find some  ...

Not to split hairs, but on the DJI spec page for the P3A
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-advanced#/spec
it clearly lists the compatible apple devices. There is mention of the IPad air, and Mini, but the IPad is not mentioned at all. How is this misleading?
2015-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules