Mavics: Comparing the Mavic Mini to the Mini 2
751 10 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MG80
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20877146 ft
Australia

Is comparing the Mavic Mini 1 to the Mavic Mini 2 like comparing the Mavic Air to the Mavic Air 2?

In my opinion it's like comparing apples to oranges. I'm sold on the Mini 2 and can't wait for Santa to visit. You couldn't pay me to take on a Mavic Mini 1 now. Funnily enough, I'm still having a lot of fun with the Spark.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this matter...
2020-11-11
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I don't know about comparing to the Mavic air's because I haven't had them. But I have had both Mini's and there is a significant difference especially in a product only released a year ago. I sold my MM and picked up the Mini 2 on the first day. It has been better in almost every way. One addition that hasn't been discussed much is Satellites. Previously it used Glonass, now it adds Galileo. So when you go to launch satellites lock faster. In the UAV App I switched the satellites to both, I have not seen a day or time where it doesn't recommend to fly because there are not enough satellites, but my MM would have a few times a day where it would not have enough satellites to recommend flying.
2020-11-11
Use props
MG80
lvl.2
Australia

You must be very pleased with the MM2. It does seem like a leap for mankind rather than merely a leap for man.
2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello MG80, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. This is a great comparison. Just to give you an idea, you can also do technical specification comparison over the DJI's official website. You can refer to this link https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav it does include the Mavic Air 2 for better viewing. I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for your support.
2020-11-11
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

MG80 Posted at 11-11 06:34
You must be very pleased with the MM2. It does seem like a leap for mankind rather than merely a leap for man.
Before I originally bought a drone I was really set on the Mavic Air 2 but did not want to spend that much. So I went with the Original MM which has been good, but my biggest issue was range before breakup and wind resistance. Both have been improved, add 4k, more satellites, better controller, so currently it's closer to the Mavic Air 2, but more portable.
2020-11-11
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

For me, the remote is the game-changer. I had the Mini1. And after the initial few weeks of enjoying using it, the loss of signal was getting tiresome. So I put it away and had not used it for 4 months. Then I heard about the Mini2, and I knew that it would be a better experience. I bought it on the first day, and have already sold my Mini1 on Ebay.

For the first flight, I was just testing how the remote handled things. It did great! It never froze or lost signal. It also feels better in the hand, and having the screen ABOVE the joysticks is much more user-friendly.
2020-11-12
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

No, in the case of MM, there is almost nothing, so we fixed some minor improvements about which we wrote here for many months.
2020-11-12
Use props
MG80
lvl.2
Australia

videoeditman Posted at 11-11 07:43
Before I originally bought a drone I was really set on the Mavic Air 2 but did not want to spend that much. So I went with the Original MM which has been good, but my biggest issue was range before breakup and wind resistance. Both have been improved, add 4k, more satellites, better controller, so currently it's closer to the Mavic Air 2, but more portable.

The Mini 2 is my Air 2's little brother, who arrived on Xmas day.

So far I'm just LOVING this drone! I couldn't be more impressed with the Mini 2's performance - and I've been putting it through its paces, particularly in regards to its handling of heavy winds.
2020-12-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MG80 Posted at 12-29 05:36
The Mini 2 is my Air 2's little brother, who arrived on Xmas day.

So far I'm just LOVING this drone! I couldn't be more impressed with the Mini 2's performance - and I've been putting it through its paces, particularly in regards to its handling of heavy winds.

It is indeed a wonderful piece of kit. I love mine as well
2020-12-29
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

As I mainly do still photography, RAW is a must for me. I then use the Mavic 2 pro as my main drone to photograph. But in some cercomstances, a smaller, less pertruding drone is a advantage. Also the weight and the size makes it more portable.
No RAW, not so good wind resistance and the lack of ocusync made the Mini 1 not attractive to me. Seeing the specs of the Mini 2 woke my interest in the small drone. Just one thing is on my request list: compatibility with the Smart Controller.

The little brother of my M2P is performing as expected. Am amazed of what the little Mini 2 can do.
2020-12-29
Use props
Magoo1979
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196135 ft
Australia

I did the compare as was looking to get a drone to start learning flying etc.   I walked into the camera shop to get the Mavic mini 1 as it was what was recommended as the best beginner drone.  The guy told me that the mini 2 was released the same day and wait for that.    So glad I did as said above the difference is huge.   

Love this drone, now I just got to learn to use al those awesome features.  
2020-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules