Mini 2 Battery firmware update?
8924 10 2020-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juke
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207182 ft
Finland

Just got my Mini 2 today. (And updated DJI Assistant 2 to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).)

I updated the firmware of RC with DJI Assistant and firmware of Mini 2 with DJI Fly app. But I don't know how to upgrade the firmware of the battery or even verify it. When I connect M2 to my laptop DJI Assistant 2 shows only image attached.

Don't understand why DJI Assistant 2 shows firmware version and allowed upgrade of the RC but not the M2 itself. Any suggestions?

Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Just boot up the Mini and controller, don’t go to camera view, stay on the start screen, your battery upgraded option will be visible.  If you have 3 batteries likely the battery in the drone was already updated with AC firmware update.  Always good practice to pop each battery in after a firmware update
2020-11-11
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Are you using Windows or MacOS?

I have problems with DJI Assistant 2 being in the original directory it was installed in initially.  This was on MacOS and after the DJI Assistant 2 application was installed in the Applications folder a terminal window opened and requested a password to install additional code.  I then moved the DJI Assistant 2 to a different folder and was not able to use the functions of the app.

I reinstalled the DJI Assistant 2 and left it in the Applications folder and it worked properly.  This may also be relevant to windows but I can not test it.
2020-11-11
Use props
Juke
lvl.3
Finland

TDZHDTV Posted at 11-11 09:08
Just boot up the Mini and controller, don’t go to camera view, stay on the start screen, your battery upgraded option will be visible.  If you have 3 batteries likely the battery in the drone was already updated with AC firmware update.  Always good practice to pop each battery in after a firmware update

Ok,thanks,  didn't select GO FLY but nothing happened. It's fine if battery firmware was upgraded same time as M2 firmware was. But I would like to verify it.
2020-11-11
Use props
Juke
lvl.3
Finland

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-11 09:14
Are you using Windows or MacOS?

I have problems with DJI Assistant 2 being in the original directory it was installed in initially.  This was on MacOS and after the DJI Assistant 2 application was installed in the Applications folder a terminal window opened and requested a password to install additional code.  I then moved the DJI Assistant 2 to a different folder and was not able to use the functions of the app.

Thanks for your advice. I'm using Windows and I re-installed DJI Assistant 2 but it's the same.
2020-11-11
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I’m not able to see the drone using Assistant, it recognises the remote tho
2020-11-11
Use props
Juke
lvl.3
Finland

TDZHDTV Posted at 11-11 09:37
I’m not able to see the drone using Assistant, it recognises the remote tho

Me too, not. If I remember right with my Mavic Mini, Assistant recognized drone too.
2020-11-11
Use props
Juke
lvl.3
Finland

Juke Posted at 11-11 09:45
Me too, not. If I remember right with my Mavic Mini, Assistant recognized drone too.

Ok, it's the broken DJI Assistant. Same problem in another thread with Mac: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=228831

Hope it gets fixed soon, DJI?
2020-11-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Assistant 2 for Consumer is presently broke!
2020-11-11
Use props
correlatif
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25466 ft
France

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue. Only "log export" appear in the menu of DJI assistant. Any news about this ?
2020-12-19
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

Juke Posted at 11-11 09:28
Ok,thanks,  didn't select GO FLY but nothing happened. It's fine if battery firmware was upgraded same time as M2 firmware was. But I would like to verify it.

Not sure if you can verify the battery firmware itself was updated. When I got mine with three batteries, The one in the drone was already updated but the other two showed they needed updating and I did that....all work fine.
2020-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules