3529 5 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just got my MA2 and need to adjust the gimbal settings. Usually these sort of things are easy to find online for optimal cinematic settings but for some reason I couldn't easily find an answer. Can anyone help by posting their optimal gimbal, yaw settings for each flight speed please? Thanks for youe help!

Coming from the Mavic Mini, the detail in the highlights and shadows really doesn't compare to the MA2. Someone said yesterday the difference in the sensor size between the two was negligible but I could tell right away even just looking at the screen during the flight the histogram is so much better balanced than with the mini. I always had to shoot dark with the mini and tweak in post to get the result I wanted but the MA2 seems to hold everything nice and balanced in the highlights and shadows. Just need to tweak these gimbal settings...
2020-11-12
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

I don't think that there are optimal settings available.
By default they are set to something in the middle, so that beginners and even pros have a preset to start with. You need to try out and adjust them your self, because they are depending on your flight skills, style of flying and your preferences to take videos or stills.
I only adjusted in normal mode the speed of the gimbal up and down and reduced the rotation speed  of the MA2 plus the fade in and  out at the beginning and end of  each movement to have a more smooth footage.
It took me half a battery flight time to get it perfect for my preferences.
For tripod and sports mode i keept the default settings.
2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser_9DpAVLfd3gzW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 86066 ft

Italy

MySky Posted at 11-12 13:11
I don't think that there are optimal settings available.
By default they are set to something in the middle, so that beginners and even pros have a preset to start with. You need to try out and adjust them your self, because they are depending on your flight skills, style of flying and your preferences to take videos or stills.
I only adjusted in normal mode the speed of the gimbal up and down and reduced the rotation speed  of the MA2 plus the fade in and  out at the beginning and end of  each movement to have a more smooth footage.

The Best

2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there itsdavesdrone. Thank you for reaching out regarding the inquiry about the gimbal settings for your DJI Mavic Air 2. Please be advised that it will depend on the area and the ambient condition where you fly the unit and what we can advise is to kindly experiment and choose which settings will fit the desired shots. I hope that you can also get some recommendations from our beloved DJI users with regards to this inquiry. Thank you and happy flying.
2020-11-13
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

djiuser_9DpAVLfd3gzW Posted at 11-12 14:16
The Best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzxGz6lZ6aY&list=PLgFHmUkOJvStWjsO7qudjCeUDugUHQbVw&index=6

For the explanation how it works Ian's video is quiet well.
But @itsdavesdrone was asking for the most optimal settings, which no one can give.
Even Ian said in his video, that he adjusted the settings to the figures that fit best for him.
They do differ from mine and as i saw in several videos as well from many others.
So everyone has to find the perfect settings for them self.
2020-11-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_9DpAVLfd3gzW Posted at 11-12 14:16
The Best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzxGz6lZ6aY&list=PLgFHmUkOJvStWjsO7qudjCeUDugUHQbVw&index=6

Great vid - Ian covers this area off really well!
2020-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules