Samsung Tab A7 Not Showing Camera Video From Air2
6708 20 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdcyclist
lvl.1
United States

I've got a new Samsung Tab A7 and while it's a great tablet as they go, it's not showing the camera output at all from my Air2. The Air2 works fine with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and my wife's Tab S6 Lite. Just not with the Tab A7.

I reinstalled the DJI Fly app and updated the firmware on the drone (using the S8+). I'm using a tested working cable.

No picture at all. Drone flys but not being able to get the camera view is a non-starter.

Suggestions?

2020-11-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

First, no Android tablets are approved for use by DJI, so we are on our own for the most part. I use two Android tablets. Neither is approved, of course, but both work to a degree.

There have been some problems with missing video on the latest app, so wait for an update that may fix that for you.
2020-11-12
Use props
fans2e07c80a
lvl.1
United States

Thanks GD for the reply. It's weird that my wife's S6Lite works but my A7 doesn't. My old Tab E won't load the Fly app needed to run the Air2 so that's out. Have updates fixed the missing video problem in the past?
2020-11-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there Rdcyclist, my apologies this has caused and thank you for reaching us out. Would you confirm to me if what is the version of the DJI Fly app you have running in your Android Tablet. The latest version of the DJI Fly app which is the ver. 1.2.1 has been released, although it is not yet 100% rolled out in each regions please check from time to time if the update is available already.

Below are the recommended devices to use with the Mavic Air 2. Please let me know if the issue persist. Thank you for understanding and support.

2020-11-13
Use props
fans2e07c80a
lvl.1
United States

I have 1.2.0 on all of my devices. I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow morning and I need this tablet to work with the Air2. Is there anyway to get 1.2.1 (assuming it will fix this issue) before then?
2020-11-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2e07c80a Posted at 11-13 10:03
I have 1.2.0 on all of my devices. I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow morning and I need this tablet to work with the Air2. Is there anyway to get 1.2.1 (assuming it will fix this issue) before then?

I haven't really been following the issues with the new app because of distractions but I think a later release of 1.2.0 fixed the issue for some people. You might want to remove the app and reload it with a fresh download. Sorry if this is not the correct info. Other members may come here with better information.

Have you checked this topic? https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757

Try this to see if is a software problem or a compatibilitty problem. While you are seeing no video, switch the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 or vice versa. If the video appears, this may be just an app problem that many others like me are having.

2020-11-13
Use props
fans2e07c80a
lvl.1
United States

I've downloaded the 1.2.1 version but I don't have time to test it. I'll be giving it a shot in Kauai. Film at eleven...

If it doesn't work, I bought an iPad from Costco that does work. It's just frickin' HUGE...

2020-11-13
Use props
fans2e07c80a
lvl.1
United States

1.2.1 did not work either so I’ll be using the monster iPad here in Hawaii. All my friends are going to think I’ve gone to the darkside...
2020-11-15
Use props
DJLMonte357
lvl.1

United States

Im a loyal Samsung user. Someone misled me when they said the Samsung A7 would work with the Air 2. What makes the Galaxy 10 work for the Air and not work with the Galaxy Tab A7. Im not a fan of Apple products. Will the app ever show the Air 2 camera using this tablet ??
2020-12-10
Use props
DJLMonte357
lvl.1

United States

fans2e07c80a Posted at 11-15 10:08
1.2.1 did not work either so I’ll be using the monster iPad here in Hawaii. All my friends are going to think I’ve gone to the darkside...

What did you do ? Please not apple
2020-12-10
Use props
fans2e07c80a
lvl.1
United States

DJLMonte357 Posted at 12-10 15:57
What did you do ? Please not apple

Sorry to disappoint you but I went with a used iPad Mini5. I fooled around with the A7 until I was about to throw it against the wall, then took it back to Costco. I bought a cheap iPad Mini4 first and it was underpowered for the DJIFly app so I found a suitable used Mini5. It works very well but I'm sure it's worth the grief I'm getting from my friends.

As an aside, the Samsung Tab S6 Lite worked pretty well to but it's larger than I wanted for flying the drone. Probably would've had the same feeling about the A7 if I had gotten it working.
2020-12-10
Use props
DJLMonte357
lvl.1

United States

fans2e07c80a Posted at 12-10 16:04
Sorry to disappoint you but I went with a used iPad Mini5. I fooled around with the A7 until I was about to throw it against the wall, then took it back to Costco. I bought a cheap iPad Mini4 first and it was underpowered for the DJIFly app so I found a suitable used Mini5. It works very well but I'm sure it's worth the grief I'm getting from my friends.

As an aside, the Samsung Tab S6 Lite worked pretty well to but it's larger than I wanted for flying the drone. Probably would've had the same feeling about the A7 if I had gotten it working.

Dag, sorry to hear that. I hate to go that route also, but... looks like I will do the same thing.
2020-12-10
Use props
Pablo_flies
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18271722 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I encountered this problem today after getting my new A7 tablet yesterday - from everyone's favourite search engine I found a workaround, goto the transmission tab and switch from HD to smooth and back again. I tried this at home tonight and found it worked, will test it out with a flight tomorrow.
2021-1-1
Use props
Nearlypastit
New
Flight distance : 95190 ft
United Kingdom

Pablo_flies Posted at 1-1 18:45
I encountered this problem today after getting my new A7 tablet yesterday - from everyone's favourite search engine I found a workaround, goto the transmission tab and switch from HD to smooth and back again. I tried this at home tonight and found it worked, will test it out with a flight tomorrow.

I received a brand new Tab A7 today,  I like Samsung products. I’d read on a website that it would work with a Mavic Air 2.  I had the same problem, no picture from camera.
I carried out your recommendation and BINGO it work first time.
Thanks Pablo.
2021-1-5
Use props
low flyer
New

Croatia

Same problem here, Samsung Galaxy A7 2020 SM-T500. Found APK file for DJI FLY APP v1.1.6 and it's working!!!

App V1.1.8 and above same problem - no video from camera. I tried them all up to V1.2.2. Realy don't understand the problem.
2021-1-5
Use props
fans44d5bd9a
New

United States

Switching from HD to smooth worked!!!!
2021-1-24
Use props
Sky Nation
New

Canada

fans44d5bd9a Posted at 1-24 10:55
Switching from HD to smooth worked!!!!

Can you please tell me how to do that specifically? I am using the DJI Fly app for my Mini 2 on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab A and no camera also.
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_JgLRnaUQ2Wsv
New
Flight distance : 199088 ft
United States

Just bought a Samsung A7 and had the same problem. Was getting frustrated and it appeared I would be returning it to Costco.  Found your work around and it fixed the camera video from the Air 2 to the tablet. Test flight worked great. Thanks
2021-2-16
Use props
djiuser_ZAqB4gNDoRhz
New

United States

You must switch it in the Fly App to, SMOOTH MODE. Then click back on 1080 or 4k with Mini 2
2021-3-28
Use props
rodmorrison
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I tried switching from smooth back to HD and it shows video however when recording it's very choppy and same on playback. When playing the same recording on my laptop it seems ok. How long on average does it take DJI to fix these bugs with update???
2021-5-5
Use props
djiuser_qTkKdSVfLHRM
New
Portugal

fans2e07c80a Posted at 2020-11-13 08:51
Thanks GD for the reply. It's weird that my wife's S6Lite works but my A7 doesn't. My old Tab E won't load the Fly app needed to run the Air2 so that's out. Have updates fixed the missing video problem in the past?

Hi
I fly recently my air 2s with dji fly and galaxy a7 lite. So far so good.
I just can not record in the tablet any footage done by the drone.
I guess is related with settings but .
Any ideas?

Thanks
António
2022-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules