How to deactivating the gps for indoor?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
w.klaas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 443583 ft
Germany

I just got a problem with my P3P. I flew indoors, everything works fine. Just a little jitter on the VPS. But nothing really worse. I found out, that the GPS found some satelites. But it dosn't matter to me. But i forget the RTH function if the batteries are low. I was surprised and just could manage to land secure.
So my question: is there a possibility to deactivate the GPS, but leave the VPS and other systems on?
2015-6-28
Use props
isaache
lvl.3
Spain

Yes and no, the GNSS receiver can't be deactivated "per se" but you can tell the autopilot not to use GNSS data by switching the controller from P-GPS (position hold) to ATTI (attitude hold), see the manual for details on how to switch between the two modes.

Isaac
2015-6-28
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

But if he requires VPS indoors, I don't believe that is used if using ATTI. He would need to be in P-OPTI mode, at least
2015-6-28
Use props
myhondas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

Get some aluminum foil & cover the top of the drone & that will eliminate the gps
2015-6-28
Use props
Rony
lvl.1

China

myhondas Posted at 2015-6-29 10:00
Get some aluminum foil & cover the top of the drone & that will eliminate the gps

genius~~~~
2015-6-28
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Why deactivate the GPS? I flew mine inside with the GPS on. Not sure if it used GPS or just VPS but it was very stable.
2015-6-28
Use props
w.klaas
lvl.2
Germany

Rigworker Posted at 2015-6-29 11:23
Why deactivate the GPS? I flew mine inside with the GPS on. Not sure if it used GPS and VPS but it w ...

As i said in my first post, the GPS Signal was not stable, but at some places strong enough. And my copter tries to make a RTH with the settings for outdoor usage. 50m up.
I think the P-Opti would be the right selection but i can't select it manually.
Tape is not an option.
2015-6-28
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

Foil works,  and won't harm the craft. You probably don't have many other options, aside from changing RTH to landing instead.
2015-6-29
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

w.klaas Posted at 2015-6-29 14:27
As i said in my first post, the GPS Signal was not stable, but at some places strong enough. And m ...

As Scotty said, you can use foil to block the GPS signal. Still not quite sure why you need to though. I just did a test indoors with my P3. Same as you with the satellites dropping in and out. When i lose the required satellites, it goes to P-OPTI and returns to GPS when the satellites return. I see no issues during the change overs though I only tried it for about 10 minutes in my living room.
The RTH can be set to LAND when the battery is low instead of RTH to keep it from trying to fly through the ceiling.
2015-6-29
Use props
w.klaas
lvl.2
Germany

Rigworker Posted at 2015-6-29 23:33
As Scotty said, you can use foil to block the GPS signal. Still not quite sure why you need to tho ...

Foil is not a quick Solution. I just wan't to Switch Off the GPS don't chance other options.  On my next filmset i don't have time to apply and peel of a foil. And because  of the buggy 1.2.6 firmware, i can't use the VPS. So when the aircraft switches  between GPS and Optimode i have a problem in the video later. Just some hopping in the sequenz.
So i would like to have a switch  in the app to disable her GPS, without losing any other settings.
2015-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules