Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello

I have posted this in the Mini 2 forum but it also applies to my other DJI Drones.

The issue is that video from my drone (In 1080p) wont play on my LG Tv... It says File not supported. Anyone have any ideas how to correct this

Dennis
2020-11-13
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Perhaps your LG doesn't support MP4 (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC)files.
2020-11-13
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Yes, check the specs of the Specific LG model to see what types of input it excepts. Also you might need to import the videos into an video editor and convert to a file type your TV likes!
2020-11-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Putting them into a video editor I am sure will work but what a load of faff..... Most Action cams will play them directly but not DJI it seems.

I have a cheap video player (See pic) This was about £10 and it plays them........... Mental Pleaase DJI get this sorted so that we can watch our videos direct on our TV
2020-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I have worked out a way to do it....... Amazon Fire Stick...... Load the video to my DLA Media player (WD My Cloud) download VLC to fire stick, Browse to the Video in VLC and it will play
2020-11-14
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-14 03:38
So I have worked out a way to do it....... Amazon Fire Stick...... Load the video to my DLA Media player (WD My Cloud) download VLC to fire stick, Browse to the Video in VLC and it will play

Glad you sorted it out, but don't you think is a bit rich to ask DJI to fix your TV?
2020-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 11-14 04:14
Glad you sorted it out, but don't you think is a bit rich to ask DJI to fix your TV?

Most other camera files play on most TV's you will find that the Codec that DJI uses will not allow their files to play on most TV's. I would have thought it would have been in DJI's interest to get their files as compatible as possible.

So no not rich at all.......... Dont you want them to play on your TV
2020-11-14
Use props
djiuser_0kYcYByavt5m
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have an LG TV.
Format the card in the TV, all inputs, mass storage, format.
Put the card in the drone and check, it might prompt you to format. If so format.
Do a test record and try in your TV.
Mine plays 4K with no issues after letting the LG TV format first (video, pics, all OK)
2020-11-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have found an even better solution which works very well. I am uploading my videos to Amazon Photos and I can access them on any TV in my house via fire sticks that I have in every TV.

It is also interesting about the formatting in the TV idea. I might also give that a go
2020-11-15
Use props
comrant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983025 ft
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-15 14:41
I have found an even better solution which works very well. I am uploading my videos to Amazon Photos and I can access them on any TV in my house via fire sticks that I have in every TV.

It is also interesting about the formatting in the TV idea. I might also give that a go

My solution which works on ANY tv is to insert the SD card into my phone and with my fancy usb-c / hdmi cable I just play it... or use screen mirroring... or chromecast...
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Bigplumbs. Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with playing back the recorded videos you have on your LG TV. Please be advised that it will depend on the media player or the Smart tv if it does support the video format we have on our units. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-16
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Set your movie on a usb stick and put it in your usb slot on your LG, the mediaplayer shoot play it, mine does (LGOLED 55CX)
https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support ... 98005-1437128842789
2020-11-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dji_MODDER Posted at 11-16 02:51
Set your movie on a usb stick and put it in your usb slot on your LG, the mediaplayer shoot play it, mine does (LGOLED 55CX)
https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098005-1437128842789

Tried that on many TV's it dont work...... No worry I have at least 2 work arounds the best being Amazon Photos
2020-11-16
Use props
Selsdon
lvl.1
Netherlands

Having similar issues on LG CX 4K.

I can play via USB stick (copying from PC to USB, not using micoSD from drone as LG doesn't recognise it) , but is quite jerky.   

Ideally I want to connect the drone to TV via USB-C and HDMI cable like this dude did on Phantom .  Bought a USB-C / HDMI cable to connect mini 2 drone direct to TV for 4K playback but no joy   anyone seen this work with DJI Mini 2?  This to me is the least faff, come in from flying plug in and view in 4K- alas nothing ever that simple....

2021-3-27
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

My LG TV (OLED65B8SLC) plays all my drone recordings from 1 TB external storage device no problem. I can also screenshare videos from my phone and TV will playback videos from usb drives when connected.
2021-3-27
Use props
Selsdon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks Yogi.  I can do the same, but am seeking to remove some of the steps to save time (manually extract sd card from drone, turn on pc, download from sd card to pc then on to usb drive, then plug in to 4k TV), was hoping to achieve this by simply a one step plug usb-c / HDMI cable into drone and TV as per video above.

Problem with Phone (I have iPhone 8) is quick transfer won't transfer at 4k resolution (my assumption?).  So no point doing screen mirror from phone to TV as won't be in 4k.
2021-3-27
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Selsdon Posted at 3-27 23:08
Thanks Yogi.  I can do the same, but am seeking to remove some of the steps to save time (manually extract sd card from drone, turn on pc, download from sd card to pc then on to usb drive, then plug in to 4k TV), was hoping to achieve this by simply a one step plug usb-c / HDMI cable into drone and TV as per video above.

Problem with Phone (I have iPhone 8) is quick transfer won't transfer at 4k resolution (my assumption?).  So no point doing screen mirror from phone to TV as won't be in 4k.

Yep, understood. It's just habit with me. Fly the drone, extract card, txfr to storage device, reinsert card to drone, format ready for next flight. Old habits die hard, and I'm certainly old. Stay safe!
2021-3-28
Use props
djiuser_2qfehE8rJmQk
New

Romania

Selsdon Posted at 2021-3-27 07:02
Having similar issues on LG CX 4K.

I can play via USB stick (copying from PC to USB, not using micoSD from drone as LG doesn't recognise it) , but is quite jerky.   

What media player it is ?? I want to buy !!!
2023-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules