LiPo Bag Recommendations anyone??
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jin15
lvl.2

Japan

Hi all, I'll be traveling on a plane in september, well actually a few planes and i'm wondering if anyone can give me some reccommendations for which lipo bags u guys use. I"ll be only carrying 2 phantom 3 pro batteries. Any help is much apprecaited..Thanks in adance!
2015-6-27
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

I use a lot of lithium ion batteries and have seen the effects of a lithium ion battery explosion due to short circuiting.

A Lithium polymer battery of 68 watts like used in the Phantom wouldn't even be slowed down in the event of a battery running away.

Leave one battery installed in your Phantom and put the second in a plastic container like Tupperware unless you have a case that has slots for the battery. The protected location of the charging terminals means that the risk is very slight of something shorting the terminals.
2015-6-27
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jin15, you can find lots of LiPo bags on Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ ... Id=MF4XXPGN6V6PLXPR

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-27
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

I got the LiPO bags right on Amazon.com.  You can find them lots of places online.  You just have to watch the sizes - I got this one cause it's the exact size of the PH3 battery, except just a little taller; 175mmx75mmx50mm.

LiPO Bbag.jpg
2015-6-27
Use props
Jin15
lvl.2

Japan

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-6-28 13:19
I got the LiPO bags right on Amazon.com.  You can find them lots of places online.  You just have to ...

can u send a link? thanks!
2015-6-28
Use props
pete
New

Germany

Jin15 Posted at 2015-6-28 16:42
can u send a link? thanks!

If you have you batteries in your hand luggage I do not know what should happen as you do not have any other temperatures as you normally have. And here as well batteries usually do not caught fire. It would be different if you check-in your luggage. I just flew two days ago with the Phantom, Phantom in case checked-in, batteries in hand luggage.
2015-6-28
Use props
SULTAN This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules