How many batteries for trips?
627 6 2020-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 617405 ft
United States

For you serious drone pilots out there, recording lots and lots of landscape footage, how many batteries do you bring along for out of town trips?
I find that two is barely sufficient. After I depleted one, I had to quickly charge that one so that in case my next stop-over may need both batteries.

But, the freaking batteries are so eye-poppingly expensive.

Questions:
  • How long does one battery last for you in each session? Mine last for less than 20mins if I have to shoot high altitude landscapes.
  • How many batteries do you bring for trips?

2020-11-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have found that 3 batteries are the sweet spot for me which gives me enough air time
2020-11-15
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Same here. 3 seems to be the magic number for both portability and flight time.
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DJ_Fan. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. I hope that you will get the best information you need from our fellow DJI co pilots on how many batteries they use to fly there DJI drones to capture videos and photos during there outdoor trips. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-11-15
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 617405 ft
United States

Sounds good, guys.
I appreciate the input.
2020-11-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJ_Fan Posted at 11-15 21:58
Sounds good, guys.
I appreciate the input.

You're welcome mate
2020-11-16
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I decided to have 4 batteries along for the ride. This gives me a nice cushion in case I find something else to shoot when returning from a trip to shoot other footage. But I would think you should only add more batteries if you are on a shoot and actually run out of battery time then you might want to add another unit.
2020-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules