P4Pro no beep from controller? (HDMI)
570 8 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clint0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131624 ft
United States

After wanting one forever, I finally got a DJI HDMI module for my Phantom 4 Pro (GL300F remote).  I followed the instructional video religiously, and used my iPhone repair tools to gently remove and replace the ribbon cables on the unit.  I made sure the connector on the "cover" seated properly, the best I can.  Then I powered it up.  

The controller doesn't make any noise.  No startup noise, no C1 and C2 noises, nothing.  But the HDMI module appears to be working perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Clint

2020-11-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Clint,

After you install the HDMI Module, you have to reinstall the last Remote Controller update.  That should update the firmware for the module, at least that is what we had to do with previous installations.  It is probably best to use Assistant 2, the version on the P4 Pro downloads page, for that update.  If you use a different version, it will not update.

Good Luck!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-11-17
Use props
clint0
lvl.1
United States

Cetacean Posted at 11-17 00:18
Aloha Clint,

After you install the HDMI Module, you have to reinstall the last Remote Controller update.  That should update the firmware for the module, at least that is what we had to do with previous installations.  It is probably best to use Assistant 2, the version on the P4 Pro downloads page, for that update.  If you use a different version, it will not update.

Thanks!  I fired everything up this morning, and DJI GO 4 did tell me to update the remote.  So I did that and rebooted it, but I still don't get any sounds from the remote.  Strange.  I double checked the ribbon cables on this module as well as the little connector on the cover.  Even stranger, is that everything else works perfectly, including the HDMI display.
2020-11-17
Use props
clint0
lvl.1
United States

I've checked and double-checked all ribbon cables...does anyone know which one could be the culprit specifically?
2020-11-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

clint0 Posted at 11-17 20:22
I've checked and double-checked all ribbon cables...does anyone know which one could be the culprit specifically?

Aloha Clint,

What is your display?  The sound and its volume for the P4 Pro is from the tablet or phone.  Try find it and see if it helps the sound.

Hope this helps!  Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-11-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there clint0. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 4 pro remote. For us to be able to assist you with the concern, kindly provide us a video showing the response of the remote when we try to operate it showing no sounds and the current firmware information of the unit. Thank you.
2020-11-20
Use props
clint0
lvl.1
United States

What's the current version for the GL300F?  I have 1.04.01.00 installed. No button to Check for Update - only on the aircraft and Fly Safe databases.  It doesn't seem the remote is kicking out USB power, either.  Usually I would get a charging icon on my iPad when the remote powered up.
2020-12-24
Use props
clint0
lvl.1
United States

I tried to reflash the firmware a couple of times - someone else reminded me how this used to fix things occasionally when we were flying Phantom 3 Pros - and the firmware udpate failed right in the middle, bricking my remote.  I sent it off to DJI for inspection and repair, something I'd been hoping to avoid in the first place.  It's on its way back to me now...fingers crossed.
2021-5-4
Use props
clint0
lvl.1
United States

Well, this is a bummer.  I didn't get an explanation on the repair, but I did get a brand new GL300F delivered to me via UPS.  Here's the problem: No HDMI module.  So I'm out the money I spent on the original HDMI module, plus the downtime from the firmware fiasco, and I'm right back where I started.  Sigh.
2021-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules