Sensors
502 9 2020-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hello, can we turn off the low sensors? I tried to tt disabled but those in low still work, when I put my hand under the drone goes up and in the application I found nothing
2020-11-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there VanzPix. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. The DJI Mavic Air 2 do not have the option to disable the Vision sensor of the said DJI Drone on the DJI Fly application. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-11-20
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-20 02:18
Hello there VanzPix. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. The DJI Mavic Air 2 do not have the option to disable the Vision sensor of the said DJI Drone on the DJI Fly application. Thank you and fly safe always.

Thanks for the answer, strange we can disable the sensors front and back but not the bottom ones.
That would be a plus to fly over the water.
2020-11-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

VanzPix Posted at 11-20 02:25
Thanks for the answer, strange we can disable the sensors front and back but not the bottom ones.

Hi there VanzPix. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. For additional reference I will post a DJI link where in you can get some tips on how to fly safely over water. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/guides/how-to-fly-safely-over-water/
2020-11-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VanzPix Posted at 11-20 02:25
Thanks for the answer, strange we can disable the sensors front and back but not the bottom ones.

It's because the VPS is used to stabilise the drone in the event of GPS loss and thus to prevent the drone going into ATTI mode rather than just to avoid obstacles.
2020-11-20
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

A J Posted at 11-20 03:10
It's because the VPS is used to stabilise the drone in the event of GPS loss and thus to prevent the drone going into ATTI mode rather than just to avoid obstacles.

Thanks my friend
2020-11-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2020-11-20
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I have seen on another forum that for certain applications people have put electrical tape over the downward sensors to disable them.  I personally would not do this and can not attest firsthand if this actually works but it is something that has been mentioned.
2020-11-20
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
France

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-20 11:24
I have seen on another forum that for certain applications people have put electrical tape over the downward sensors to disable them.  I personally would not do this and can not attest firsthand if this actually works but it is something that has been mentioned.

Thanks for the tip, but I confess I'm not motivated to try lol
2020-11-20
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

VanzPix Posted at 11-20 11:26
Thanks for the tip, but I confess I'm not motivated to try lol

I am not ready yet to say goodbye to my Air 2 yet either.
2020-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules