8410 11 2020-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PAPezoneJr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anybody else noticed this?  I have both a DJI Mini 2 and a Mavic Air 2 and the controllers appear to be the same, however, when I turn on the Mavic Air 2 controller, the lights are white.  When I turn on the DJI Mini 2 controller, the lights are green.  Is this just me?  Just noticed it and it's weird.
2020-11-21
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

In the past I think I have seen red lights on the Air 2.  I believe red light came once when I left the controller on and turned off the Air 2.  It was beeping in the trunk for probably half an hour.  That is only time I think I saw colored lights.
2020-11-21
Use props
PAPezoneJr
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-21 17:27
In the past I think I have seen red lights on the Air 2.  I believe red light came once when I left the controller on and turned off the Air 2.  It was beeping in the trunk for probably half an hour.  That is only time I think I saw colored lights.

Interesting.  So in this picture, both are not connected, aircrafts are turned off, so they are both blinking, one is blinking white, one is blinking green.  
2020-11-21
Use props
PAPezoneJr
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

PAPezoneJr Posted at 11-21 17:38
Interesting.  So in this picture, both are not connected, aircrafts are turned off, so they are both blinking, one is blinking white, one is blinking green.  [view_image]

Oh wow, after posting this there are a few differences, return to home has a pause icon next to it, and instead of Tripd mode on the left side of the center button is Cine, so the controllers are slightly different!  Neat!!!!!
2020-11-21
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

PAPezoneJr Posted at 11-21 17:40
Oh wow, after posting this there are a few differences, return to home has a pause icon next to it, and instead of Tripd mode on the left side of the center button is Cine, so the controllers are slightly different!  Neat!!!!!

They are obviously different models, thanks for the photo.  Are the colored lights useful or annoying?
2020-11-21
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

This is correct !
I have both Mavic Air2 and a Mini2. The controller for Air2 have white led's on the controller, and the Mini 2 have green led's.
That is standard. Another colours haven't I see yet.

About the icon for "pausebutton", that is also a little new thing on Mini2, it have also a different text on the slider for Tripod/Normal/ Sport on the Mini2, now the text is Cine/Normal/Sport.

Fly safe !
2020-11-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

huh, I have not noticed that...and I now have them swapped (Mini 2 controller linked to the MA2 and vice versa). Guess I might want to fix that.
2020-11-21
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

GaryDoug Posted at 11-21 20:36
huh, I have not noticed that...and I now have them swapped (Mini 2 controller linked to the MA2 and vice versa). Guess I might want to fix that.

Interresting to know that you can switch and use either or not of the remotes.
You only relink them together with the drone you want ?

Fly safe !
2020-11-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

MavicMats Posted at 11-21 20:39
Interresting to know that you can switch and use either or not of the remotes.
You only relink them together with the drone you want ?

Right, and linking only works with one drone, even if it is the same type.
2020-11-21
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

Well, thank's for your information GaryDoug !
2020-11-21
Use props
Looks Good
lvl.1
Flight distance : 275456 ft
Hong Kong

The later one(mini2 controller) is a little better than the older one(MA2 controller).  White lights are hard to see under strong sunlight, mini2 controller improves it
2020-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there PAPezoneJr. Thank you for reaching out regarding this inquiry with the DJI Mini 2. Please be advised that the color of the battery status indicator of the remote is indeed green, and this is one of the physical differences on the other remote on the previous models we have. Thank you for your support and happy flying always.
2020-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules