Can't get past Step 3 in the APP "Connect RC to Mobile Device"
4107 8 2020-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MatHelm
lvl.1

United States

Even went ahead and upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy 9, but still it just sits there.  Drone blinks (I think) yellow to start, then green when the RC is turned on, goes on to blink red for a while, and then red and green.  And with a 15% restocking fee at Best Buy, it's just a high priced paper weight.
2020-11-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you seeing a Calibrate compass warning? If so, follow the steps to do that.
2020-11-22
Use props
MatHelm
lvl.1

United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-22 15:50
Are you seeing a Calibrate compass warning? If so, follow the steps to do that.

I'd imagine that's somewhere past the 3rd step of a initial setup.  So being that the RC won't connect to the phone/device, I'm seeing nothing but an animation of a old mini controller connecting to a phone.  
2020-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mathelm. We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're having. Please make sure that you have installed the latest version of the DJI Fly (kindly check Google Play Store if an update is available). If the DJI Fly is already up to date and that the same problem continues, kindly double-check if the RC Cable is properly connected. To ensure connectivity, you can unplug and plug back in the RC Cable making sure it is properly seated and connected. If possible, we suggest using another mobile device to see if that helps. You can also link the Aircraft and Remote using the Combination Button.

Should the same problem persists, further description of the issue is highly appreciated (in video form, if possible) to offer you other recommendations. Kindly keep us updated. We're here to help.
2020-11-22
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

hi Mathelm,

silly question:
you did use the right cable for your S9?  S9 has a Usb-c plug.
One end of the cable is on the right plug, when you have the remote in front of you. The one on the left is just an empty space without connector, to store the other end of the cable.
2020-11-22
Use props
MatHelm
lvl.1

United States

JohnDG Posted at 11-22 23:52
hi Mathelm,

silly question:

There are no silly questions.  But yes I did use the correct cable.  But I wasn't using the correct app.  The video in a above reply made me realize I had the wrong app,   Had installed the DJI Go 4 app (playstore is confusing when it comes to DJI, and it said EVERYTHING after P4, plus I hadn't noticed the dropdown aircraft selection at the top of the Go 4 app).  My old phone (LG Aristo 2 on 8.1) would simply not install the app downloaded directly from DJI.  So once I installed the correct app (DJI Fly) to the Galaxy S9, everything went perfectly.  

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond.
2020-11-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

MatHelm Posted at 11-23 06:04
There are no silly questions.  But yes I did use the correct cable.  But I wasn't using the correct app.  The video in a above reply made me realize I had the wrong app,   Had installed the DJI Go 4 app (playstore is confusing when it comes to DJI, and it said EVERYTHING after P4, plus I hadn't noticed the dropdown aircraft selection at the top of the Go 4 app).  My old phone (LG Aristo 2 on 8.1) would simply not install the app downloaded directly from DJI.  So once I installed the correct app (DJI Fly) to the Galaxy S9, everything went perfectly.  

Glad you resolved the issue.  Happy flying with the Mini 2.  
2020-11-23
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

MatHelm Posted at 11-23 06:04
There are no silly questions.  But yes I did use the correct cable.  But I wasn't using the correct app.  The video in a above reply made me realize I had the wrong app,   Had installed the DJI Go 4 app (playstore is confusing when it comes to DJI, and it said EVERYTHING after P4, plus I hadn't noticed the dropdown aircraft selection at the top of the Go 4 app).  My old phone (LG Aristo 2 on 8.1) would simply not install the app downloaded directly from DJI.  So once I installed the correct app (DJI Fly) to the Galaxy S9, everything went perfectly.  

glad you get your mini2 in the air. Happy flying!
2020-11-23
Use props
Brad Samuels
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The problem is that the confirmation screen for the RC > mobile phone connection doesnt appear.

Took 3 days and it eventually appeared on my S22 but problem persists with S20+ (no accept connection screen appears)
2023-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules