Request locked Pan and Tilt for Steadycam use
8283 35 2020-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

I use RS2 on my steadycam to solve horizon leveling but the Pan and Tilt have a delay/dead band even at lowest settings.

It will be very useful to have a follow mode Pan and Tilt without delay and dead band for to be more precise on framing.

But maybe the motors or IMU can’t lock precisely the Pan and Tilt axis so we can use the Pan and Tilt safety lock if iOS application can deactivate Pan and Tilt motor/stabilisation.

2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for your interest on the RS2 expansion on the Steadycam use.We will help to forward your suggestion and idea to our development team, to make sure the voice out your feedback of its possibilities.

We will be in touch, thanks.
2020-11-25
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Thank you very much.
2020-11-25
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

Yes this feature would be very helpful and greatly appreciated!

I too would like to be able to deactivate the pan motor and lock it in place using the lock switch.

Please add this feature.
Thank You!
2020-12-27
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-25 06:17
Hello there, thank you for your interest on the RS2 expansion on the Steadycam use.We will help to forward your suggestion and idea to our development team, to make sure the voice out your feedback of its possibilities.

Yes this feature would be very helpful and greatly appreciated!

I too would like to be able to deactivate the pan motor and lock it in place using the lock switch.

Please add this feature it’s very important and useful!

It would make the DJI RS2 much more appealing than it already is.

Thank You!
2020-12-27
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

FVP Posted at 11-25 11:40
Thank you very much.

Did DJI get back to you and fix this?
2020-12-27
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

No but I hope we will have this functions with next firmware.
2020-12-27
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

What’s news ?
2021-3-16
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

I did get a new firmware update however this crucial feature was not implemented. If a DJI coder or higher up is reading this please take this into consideration.

What we are asking for is this:

TILT & ROLL motors remain functioning.

The PAN motor is completely TURNED OFF or in "SLEEP MODE" and can be LOCKED in place.

This allows camera stabilization while still allowing the user to pan at their own speed.

I would greatly appreciate if this feature were implemented and I am sure others would too.

Thank you!
2021-4-2
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

FVP Posted at 3-16 03:10
What’s news ?

I did get a new firmware update however this crucial feature was not implemented. If a DJI coder or higher up is reading this please take this into consideration.

What we are asking for is this:

TILT & ROLL motors remain functioning.

The PAN motor is completely TURNED OFF or in "SLEEP MODE" and can be LOCKED in place.

This allows camera stabilization while still allowing the user pan at their own speed.

I would greatly appreciate if this feature were implemented and I am sure others would too.

Thank you!
2021-4-2
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

We need to be able to deactivate PAN and TILT axis.
2021-4-2
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

FVP Posted at 4-2 11:21
We need to be able to deactivate PAN and TILT axis.

Yes this is true.

It would be great if you could manually turn off any motor you'd like without it causing a problem with the gimbal itself!
2021-4-2
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

This has been achieved with the traditional Ronin steadicam with this third party part however, in his software he can totally shut off the motor I guess.

This needs to be the same for the RS2

https://cinemilled.com/p/pan-lock-for-dji-ronin-2-gimbal/
2021-4-2
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

I asked today to ZHIYUN this function. If they add it so I will switch for a Zhiyun 3s Pro...
2021-4-2
Use props
fans098ac6b5
lvl.2
Russia

FVP Posted at 4-2 13:42
I asked today to ZHIYUN this function. If they add it so I will switch for a Zhiyun 3s Pro...

According to user manual "Press and hold Trigger button to enter Lock mode" p.19. Not convenient to hold of course.
2021-4-5
Use props
fansa2b0b4e6
New
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-11-25 06:17

Yes! Please add a Steadicam mode to the RS2!

I have tried many combinations of getting the pan motor to have zero energy but no success. I even tried to enable “Push Pan” then locking that axis after lowering all strength and raising all deadpan inputs.

The pan motor just gets too warm and the “Overload” error still shows up.

We need the ability to use these fantastic motors in any configuration.

A simple “disable pan motor” feature could be added that would put that motor 100% to sleep. Then the “overtaxed pan motor protection notice” would not a problem.

Also, another reason why this could be amazing for us loyal DJI customers is that we are able to use the RS2 on other pieces of equipment that would not normally be associated with DJI thus exposing DJI to a broader user base.
2021-4-11
Use props
Ben1000
lvl.1

United States

I agree and second this request. Please a way to disable the pan motor (switch it off) and then we can LOCK the pan to the gimble with the physical slide lock... This would be great. Steadicam-mode !

Thanks! Please if we can get this easy change...

Ben
2021-4-16
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Same thing asked to Zhiyun by a user on Facebook and this is her answer.
B4CA2408-49C8-4797-BC86-C2032C519527.jpeg
2021-4-19
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Up, what’s up ?
2021-5-20
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Don’t forget users
2021-5-29
Use props
KONIAIK
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-11-25 06:17
Hello there, thank you for your interest on the RS2 expansion on the Steadycam use.We will help to forward your suggestion and idea to our development team, to make sure the voice out your feedback of its possibilities.

I think that lot of users, basically everyone who are trying to use RS2 on steadicam will highly appreciate this functionality.  Without pan locking  it's really hard to pan manually as there's always a little movement even in a lowest setting.
2021-6-20
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Seven months and just a fake steadycam mode.
Wake up Dji, wake up.
2021-6-21
Use props
KONIAIK
lvl.1
Poland

FVP Posted at 6-21 11:57
Seven months and just a fake steadycam mode.
Wake up Dji, wake up.

That really sucks but to be honest I don't expect too much from DJI.
2021-6-22
Use props
illuminatedRS
lvl.2

United States

KONIAIK Posted at 6-22 02:30
That really sucks but to be honest I don't expect too much from DJI.

any new news on this feature?
2021-7-18
Use props
fansc1164bcc
New
United States

Without being able to lock the pan and tilt function, the RS2 is usless on a steadicam and from what I have heard, they're not going to make any changes.
2021-7-25
Use props
JTLADP
New
United States

fansc1164bcc Posted at 7-25 11:21
Without being able to lock the pan and tilt function, the RS2 is usless on a steadicam and from what I have heard, they're not going to make any changes.

All set up, balanced beautifully but without the pan and tilt being locked, its not accurate enough to hit marks when the delay is so unpredictable.

Cheers
2021-7-25
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Sell it and wait for Zhiyun crane 4S.
2021-7-26
Use props
DJI-RS PM 铁匠
lvl.2

Hong Kong

We are developing this model. Because it is a non orthogonal gimbal  some details need to be designed
2021-7-26
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Consult with users before creating a tool. They are in the best position to know what they need ...

I can already see user dissatisfaction when your new gimbal comes out. If you consult us, it will be fine. Otherwise it will go badly as usual. You do not learn or so badly.
2021-7-28
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

Is there any update with this? I would really like to be able to turn off the pan axis.
2022-2-10
Use props
CBAIRD254
New

United States

I am so glad I found this forum. I have been complaining about this since I got this gimbal a few months ago. It is almost unusable because it just drifts on the pan axis while making the smallest movements. I want to use it for the videos I film for work, and we do a lot of walking around for hours and hours. With the pan axis constantly moving or drifting and then not returning back to where it should, the footage almost always comes out ruined or needs to be heavily cut up and edited.

DJI: If you are reading this, PLEASE allow us to lock the pan axis with the physical lock so this gimbal will actually be usable. If there is no switch soon, I will sell it and get another brand gimbal.
2022-3-23
Use props
djiuser_OI4VPF8Vl4h2
New

Iran

Please add Pan Lock to RS2
Could anyone tell about STEADICAM MODE option in RS2 menu? How does it work?
2022-4-26
Use props
fans869eb146
New

Netherlands

Hi All,
I am wondering is the RS3 has solved this issue, has anyone tried? I would be so great!!
2022-6-26
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

fans869eb146 Posted at 6-26 23:44
Hi All,
I am wondering is the RS3 has solved this issue, has anyone tried? I would be so great!!

yeah I am curious about this as well!

Does the RS3 have this super important crucial feature?
Has a firmware update been added to disable the motors with the RS2?
2022-7-4
Use props
areismu3
lvl.1
United States

I am also looking to be able to do this.
2023-7-24
Use props
areismu3
lvl.1
United States

RS2 Owner Posted at 2022-7-4 10:45
yeah I am curious about this as well!

Does the RS3 have this super important crucial feature?

commenting to follow on this.
2023-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules