Mini 2 Power Bank
3277 5 2020-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Doc Bandit
lvl.1

Russia

The 2-way charging hub of my Mini 2 really came quite handy during one of my trips as I forgot to charge my phone and there was no power source in sight. I don't have a power bank so knowing that the hub can work as one is really nice. However, I'm curious as to how it will affect the quality of my batteries if I use the hub as a charging device for, say, once a month? Will it affect my batteries greatly? I'm getting about 26 minutes of flight time from my Mini 2 batteries right now and I don't want this shortened.

2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Doc Bandit. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. For additional reference when using the intelligent flight batteries as power banks. Insert the intelligent flight battery into the charging hub without connecting it to a charger, then connect any external device like mobile device to the USB port in the charging hub. The intelligent flight battery with the lowest power level will be discharged first and the rest in sequence according to their power levels. The status LED's will display the power level of the battery that supplies power when the external devices are being charged. Thank you.
2020-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Id only use that in an emergency or Im desperate situation as they have a tendency to shorten the battery life if used enough.
2020-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Every time  you use a battery, it will wear out a little.
So it is nice to have, but I would not use it too often myself.
2020-11-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do over discharge the batteries and ensure to store them at around 50% but it should cause no problem to the batteries but yes, the more they are charged and discharged the quicker they will wear out. I would only ever use them to charge devices in emergencies or to discharge the batteries to safer storage levels on cancelled flights.
2020-11-27
Use props
deepanshus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78891 ft
United Kingdom

on a side note, have you tried charging the batteries using a power bank and not through the supplied adaptor? If so, which power bank did you use and how long does it take for the batteries to recharge?
2021-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules