USB-C Charging Ports
4324 3 2020-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
virtualjapan.tv
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

On the RS2 there are 3 USB-C ports near the camera mount, one to control and charge the camers, and 2 for the follow focus and raven eye. I do not have the pro model with follow focus or raven eye, and would like to use either of the lower 2 ports to keep a separate smaller device mounted to my camera charged while filming. Is it possible now with some settings, or could the device firmware be updated to allow for power delivery to any device using the lower 2 USB-C ports on the RS2? This would be greatly helpful, as the battery life on the RS2 is outstanding, and I'd love to be able to better utilize it's power to not only keep my main camera charged while filming, but also a secondary device on my camera via USB-C

Thanks!
2020-11-28
Use props
SilentD1
lvl.2
Denmark

I am able to power my raveneye with the middle port only. Not the bottom one that is made for raveneye, so thats kinda strange. Also Im not able to power my iphone with any of the 3 ports but I can power the phone with the raveneye usb-C port it has on its left side. So I use the middle usb C port on the RS2 to charge the raveneye and then the other usb port on the raveneye to power my external device. Not optimal but hey.
2020-12-14
Use props
virtualjapan.tv
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

@SilentD1 Thanks for the reply! I was beginning to give up hope on getting any kinda of response from from anyone

At least this confirms that power delivery is possible via the second usb-c port, since it's possible when connected to the raveneye. I'm guessing DJI just needs to enable this via a firmware update?

Anyone from DJI that can possibly help us out to figure out when we can possibly expect to allow power delivery from the second usb-c port to any device? Was this possibly just an oversight since the company was probably laser focused on releasing the device with raveneye?

2020-12-14
Use props
fans620aaf13
New
Netherlands

Agree. I hope that DJI will update the firmware soon. It's so weird to have one USB port for R.E. without the ability to charge and another without the ability to control.

As Mr Ramsey said " it's RAW"

2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules