Mavic mini 2 SIGNAL LOST at 500 meters Suggestions?
7476 13 2020-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb60035aa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200446 ft
Italy

Hello, I’m an old time DJI costumer. I had a bad experience with my new Mavic mini 2 that suddenly lost the signal at 578 meters from me, 48m altitude in a place in the country where I have flown lots of time. The very strange thing that makes me think it was a defect of the item ( it was its first flight, with original firmware) is that 2 minutes before that, I’ve made the same route with my Mavic Air without issues ( I wanted to make a YouTube review in comparison between the cameras of the air and mini2)…So that is very strange because of the distance (500 meters for a Mavic mini 2 shouldn’t be a problem if an “old” Mavic Air can fly exactly there with no issue).My side of the fault was that because of the first flight was supposed to be in open country, I did not set RTH enough high, and after that very suspect signal lost, the Mavic mini traced a route for rth going over a tree and damaged the right back arm open mechanism).
I also saw that the firmware update of Dji the Rth is set automatically to 100m…it was too low before (30 meters) and for the first flight I did not elevate it enough… if I had the new firmware the crash would not happened :-( .
Anyway, as a loyal costumer od Dji I’m ready to use on of the 3 exchanges of my DJI Care Refresh…BUT before that I would like Dji to investigate on that, because with ALL Dji drones I never had a problem like that, and I’m disappointed and have a sense of delusion for that…. and I can't stop thinking of the hypothesys of a defective item (that would explain the Mavic Air flight without problem and he Mavic mini 2 completely loose signal and doing RTH….with, I admit, the altitude too low).

I will ask for express care refresh and that's the proof I trust on DJI honesty and seriousness on respecting old costumers, so I hope that after dji checks the mavic ini 2 ( even if i already have received and paid for the repalcement) ,   maybe dji can just not count it as one of the 3 replacements on my care refresh, so I still will have 3. that would be a "win win" agreement to help me out with this discomfort feeling I have thinking of that very suspect signal loos.
What do you think?

2020-11-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience that we want you to have your DJI Drone. Since this unfortunate incident happened. I would recommend for you to contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav with regards to this matter. We would do our best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution/fix would be provided. Again, I am sorry for the incident and thank you for your understanding.
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_qvmHNVLvoAeD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102251 ft
United States

The same happening to my I tested my mini 2 at the Beach in 800 M signal lost
2020-11-29
Use props
fansb60035aa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200446 ft
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-29 19:31
Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience that we want you to have your DJI Drone. Since this unfortunate incident happened. I would recommend for you to contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav with regards to this matter. We would do our best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution/fix would be provided. Again, I am sorry for the incident and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you Stephen! I 've done was you suggested. I'm a long time Dji costumer and never had this bad experience...also at the first flight... it was really disappointing . I hope Dji can help. thank you
2020-11-30
Use props
Akaras
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143750 ft
France

I have exactly the same problem :-(
I reach the support team and i need to do a new test. The second option is to send it back.
2020-12-3
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I always leave the RTH at 100m, but if I'm going to climb a mountain I set the RTH to the height of the mountain. If the mountain is 200m and you leave the RTH at 100m and lose connection while climbing, it will go down and crash to a tree or something. Allways set it higher (30-40 meters higher) than the tallest obstacle in your area of flight. Climbing  to 100m drains little battery; I see people on YT setting RTH it at just 40 meters... and that's a huge error. Lampost are about 10 meters, most buildings are about 10-40 meters (60 the taller ones in my area), hig voltage post are about 40 meters... you allways want the RTH to have a clear flight path no matter what.

Whenever I face a connection problem, I just press the button or wait 3 secs untill RTH autoengages and I know for sure it will return no matter what (unless a bird attacks it ). At firs I was a little skeptical about RTH, but now I'm super confident with it.

Phone in airplane mode, controller pointing the drone, direct visual line of sight, and you shoud fly at 2 or 3Km with no major issues in CE mode. At 300-500 meter range you can even fly with obstacles in the middle.

PS: Remember it's not the same losing video signal (wont engage auto RTH as the RC connection is still working) than losing RC (will engage autoreturn). I lost videosignal but not RC in one of my first flights ever and nearly crash the drone before I realised what happened

When flying indoors or at low altitude under obstacles deactivate the rth option or it will crash to the celing if the RC signal is lost
2020-12-3
Use props
Gif2Dtrade
Second Officer
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

I'm having the same issue with Weak signal at 600 meters, in rural conditions.
Since it's raining I cannot try to fly in other areas to check if this is a localized issue or a permanent one.

Meanwhile, DJI Fly App was updated to 1.2.2., DJI Mini 2 to v01.01.0700 and Remote Controller to: v02.00.1101.
Tommorow I'll try to make a test.
2020-12-25
Use props
Gif2Dtrade
Second Officer
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

OK, I did put the phone in airplane mode, with Mini 2 updated as I already wrote, and the signal is now lost at … 1.600m. Satisfied for moment.Huge improvement, but still under Mini 2 specs.
2020-12-29
Use props
Jimmy35
New
Flight distance : 670276 ft
Greece

Hello from Athens!! i have the same issue, with my phone in Flight Mode i can send the drone about 900m away until the singal be orange. What can i do for longer distance? i think 900m is too close for this drone. My seller here told me to buy antenna booster  for 15% more sginal power. What do u think my friends?
2021-6-8
Use props
Flyer 007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147913 ft
Spain

Same here. Bought the MINI 2 2 days ago. Had the Pro many years so experienced. First 2 tries on the ocean from my boat, so surely NO obstacles, after 300 meter my screen went black ...TWICE...so reading online this is a MAJOR issue the mini 2 has and NOT a single incidence, so DJI get this fixed and send updates and don't tingle everyone to Customercare for time. It seems too many have that problem, so its a design issue. Ill see what happens in the next few days, otherwise it goes back to Amazon with the appropriate feedback. Very disappointing indeed Ralf
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_zg3i4xNxMTPe
lvl.2
South Africa

Morning
I have a new mini 2 and the drone just don't seem to go past 500m, ive tried different bands and even airplane mode. Is this perhaps a fault in the drone and how can I sort this issue out?
2022-1-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zg3i4xNxMTPe Posted at 1-20 21:24
Morning
I have a new mini 2 and the drone just don't seem to go past 500m, ive tried different bands and even airplane mode. Is this perhaps a fault in the drone and how can I sort this issue out?

Ok. In one direction from my home, I cannot go far past that distance before losing connection. There are many trees in the way for sure, but there is also an illegal WiFi user who blasts signals all over. No matter which drone I use, up to the regal M3, I have the same problem. If I fly the opposite direction, the distance is almost unlimited, over two miles at least. Maybe you have the same problem as I do.
2022-1-20
Use props
djiuser_zg3i4xNxMTPe
lvl.2
South Africa

Hi

I've tried in all directions.

Does the yagi antenna work boosting signal? I've seen reviews and videos that it doesn't work.

What's your opinion on them?

Regards

Jéan Geluk
2022-1-21
Use props
djiuser_KN6e6lvotBi7
New
Greece

Jimmy35 Posted at 2021-6-8 03:15
Hello from Athens!! i have the same issue, with my phone in Flight Mode i can send the drone about 900m away until the singal be orange. What can i do for longer distance? i think 900m is too close for this drone. My seller here told me to buy antenna booster  for 15% more sginal power. What do u think my friends?

Greeting to all DJI PILOTS. Same problem here. After 550mtrs (approximately)i have signal issues. Orange bars and almost immediately red ones. I have made 10 flights from the summit of a hill without any obstacles and i have never reached the distances i read about. . I know there are many parameters that play important role to that , but i do my best to prevent any problem. I fly without wind, from a top o a hill, fully charged both aircraft controller and smartphone. I use xiaomi mit10pro. I hope Dji help me .
2022-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules