8532 20 2020-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

Edit: this turned out to be a scam
But there's https://github.com/fpvout/DigiView-Android and https://github.com/fpvout/DigiView-SBC
2020-11-29
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Is not legal. He is now the 10th who has managed this way, so nothing special.
2020-11-29
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

Xviews Posted at 11-29 07:14
Is not legal. He is now the 10th who has managed this way, so nothing special.

Just because it's not officially supported by DJI, doesn't make it not legal. The point is it just proves DJI could release a cheap dongle and just stop this madness...
2020-11-29
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

When there is no "legal" way to do something, people will resort to other options.  DJI, we want to give you our money for a cheap secondary monitor. You just don't want to take it!
2020-11-29
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

^ Exactly!
2020-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Never tried FPV so far.
2020-11-30
Use props
Stefan_73
lvl.1

Germany

There is actually a very concrete option to build a DIY version of an HDMI output that DJI cannot prevent nor IP-wise stop. One can use a SD-card sniffer (e.g. TOL-09419). The SD card communication protocol is openly documented and the goggle simply puts an mp4 stream to a file when recording. This is already discussed.
I hope DJI re-considers their current strategy. It would be easy for them to output the stream over the USB connection so that it can be rendered with VLC on a PC or mobile phone. That would be the best solution for all customers. If you want to make money, create an app that enables the ouput for $20 on the app store. If DJI continues with the current smart controller approach, the community will at a certain point come up with the SD sniffer approach.
2020-11-30
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Stefan_73 Posted at 11-30 04:18
There is actually a very concrete option to build a DIY version of an HDMI output that DJI cannot prevent nor IP-wise stop. One can use a SD-card sniffer (e.g. TOL-09419). The SD card communication protocol is openly documented and the goggle simply puts an mp4 stream to a file when recording. This is already discussed.
I hope DJI re-considers their current strategy. It would be easy for them to output the stream over the USB connection so that it can be rendered with VLC on a PC or mobile phone. That would be the best solution for all customers. If you want to make money, create an app that enables the ouput for $20 on the app store. If DJI continues with the current smart controller approach, the community will at a certain point come up with the SD sniffer approach.

My fear is that they've used the FPV system just as a test bench for the upcoming FPV drone. No real efforts are really intended to be put in this system anymore. When the FPV drone will be available, it will have all these features for sure.
2020-11-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool - thanks for sharing
2020-11-30
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Germany

Stefan_73 Posted at 11-30 04:18
There is actually a very concrete option to build a DIY version of an HDMI output that DJI cannot prevent nor IP-wise stop. One can use a SD-card sniffer (e.g. TOL-09419). The SD card communication protocol is openly documented and the goggle simply puts an mp4 stream to a file when recording. This is already discussed.
I hope DJI re-considers their current strategy. It would be easy for them to output the stream over the USB connection so that it can be rendered with VLC on a PC or mobile phone. That would be the best solution for all customers. If you want to make money, create an app that enables the ouput for $20 on the app store. If DJI continues with the current smart controller approach, the community will at a certain point come up with the SD sniffer approach.

this method does not work.
2020-11-30
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Germany

Giammi Posted at 11-30 04:59
My fear is that they've used the FPV system just as a test bench for the upcoming FPV drone. No real efforts are really intended to be put in this system anymore. When the FPV drone will be available, it will have all these features for sure.

There will be some more updates. Caddx is releasing a new cam, just for that an update is needed.
2020-11-30
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Xviews Posted at 11-30 08:39
There will be some more updates. Caddx is releasing a new cam, just for that an update is needed.

Meh, I don't know.. for me Caddx is doing that because DJI FPV for sure will still be there for those that are building drones by themselves.. even Fat Shark is releasing new products for HD.. so there's more than one reason for that.. but still I think that DJI is keeping all the fancy stuff for their new FPV drone..
2020-11-30
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

If they haven't proved over the past 18 months or so that they care about FPV then I don't know what to tell you, go with Shart Byte. But can't expect them to have 100% focus on this, they do have other products you know, and there is a global pandemic messing lots of plans up...
Relevant:

2020-11-30
Use props
lhk34591
lvl.1

South Korea

If you don't want to carry a heavy smart controller, you can put your smartphone camera on the goggles.  If you don't put the camera close to the goggles screen, the screen won't fit, but you can use a lens tube to make the goggles appear on the smartphone screen exactly.  The method of making tubes is to combine magnified and reduced lenses into a 1:1 ratio.  The camera performance of smartphones these days is amazing, so it's not much different from what you see on the screen of a smart controller.  The fact that the screen appears on the smartphone means that you can connect it to a monitor or TV.  The way to connect smartphones and goggles is possible with rubber bands, but it can also be made with 3D printers.
2021-3-2
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

lhk34591 Posted at 3-2 13:44
If you don't want to carry a heavy smart controller, you can put your smartphone camera on the goggles.  If you don't put the camera close to the goggles screen, the screen won't fit, but you can use a lens tube to make the goggles appear on the smartphone screen exactly.  The method of making tubes is to combine magnified and reduced lenses into a 1:1 ratio.  The camera performance of smartphones these days is amazing, so it's not much different from what you see on the screen of a smart controller.  The fact that the screen appears on the smartphone means that you can connect it to a monitor or TV.  The way to connect smartphones and goggles is possible with rubber bands, but it can also be made with 3D printers.

And how would you fly then?
2021-3-2
Use props
lhk34591
lvl.1

South Korea

fichek Posted at 3-2 13:46
And how would you fly then?

it's rc car
2021-3-2
Use props
djiuser_waLxnlpQ1MCC
lvl.1

Italy

Is there any updates on this? I cannot find the raspberrypi software not the patreon. Also video is blocked. Really need a way of transmitting without smart controller
2021-5-1
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

djiuser_waLxnlpQ1MCC Posted at 5-1 08:56
Is there any updates on this? I cannot find the raspberrypi software not the patreon. Also video is blocked. Really need a way of transmitting without smart controller

Looks like DJI lawyers killed it, again. They’d prefer us to get the Smart Controller. If they at least updated it to be able to control RXs in Air Units/Vistas (which obviously can be done), maybe the SC would have some additional value…
2021-5-1
Use props
djiuser_waLxnlpQ1MCC
lvl.1

Italy

fichek Posted at 5-1 09:18
Looks like DJI lawyers killed it, again. They’d prefer us to get the Smart Controller. If they at least updated it to be able to control RXs in Air Units/Vistas (which obviously can be done), maybe the SC would have some additional value…

It’s just so stupid... i mean, all you have to do is give us the ability of transmitting the video from the goggles directly on a separate screen via that usb c connector. Forcing us to buy a 600 € controller just to show a friend what we are doing is just ridiculous. I really hope they will either give us this possibility with an update, or that someone legally makes this thing work. I really wish I had the raspberry pie mod though
2021-5-1
Use props
AntonyHopp
lvl.1

Turkey

Hi to all
2022-9-14
Use props
Joseph Sanders
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Discord is a free voice, video, and text chat app that’s used by tens of millions of people. And people use Discord daily to talk about many things, ranging from art projects and family trips to homework, games and mental health support. I already bought one account here. They also have a lot of other safe account. I highly recommend that you look attention to this site https://get-accs.com/discord-accounts/ , maybe it will be very helpful like for me. Good luck.
2022-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules