Mini 2 max range issues
7010 10 2020-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qvmHNVLvoAeD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102251 ft
United States

I am a new pilot, the mini 2 in the city only reaches 600 M and on the beach from 800 to 1200 meters until it is disconnected, is this normal?  The manual says something else I feel cheated that the pilots recommend me?  I am concerned about the maximum range that is not what DJI sells in their advertising
IMG_20201127_105659.jpg
2020-11-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mini2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2020-12-2
Use props
djiuser_qqsZYHGcPuEC
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-2 22:08
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mini2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

I have the same issue with my brand new Mini 2. It will only go 600 meters before being disconnected. I live in the suburbs. Would love to get 3km. What should I do?
2021-1-24
Use props
Gufferr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 595604 ft
Canada

Same  issue  here  started to lose  signal at 2000 feet  and   i turned  around  will push it  tomorrow  hope  it  comes  back
2021-2-28
Use props
djiuser_LYXbakjKN01J
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16555994 ft
United States

I live in the suburbs of Los Angeles county. My mini2 and original Magic mini both had weak range although the mini2 was twice that if the original. So I went to eBay and got a yagi antenna range extender for like ten bucks and the mini 2 flys so far I'm never able to see how far it can really go because all my batteries just don't have the juice to out run the range. The yagi antenna are a game changer for sure.
2021-5-23
Use props
Leathalfart
New
Flight distance : 34967 ft
Australia

I went out to a farm, open fields etc and only got one klm out of my mini 2. Very disappointed
2021-8-23
Use props
djiuser_Ba3Bf5GnmNty
lvl.1
Canada

Leathalfart Posted at 8-23 00:07
I went out to a farm, open fields etc and only got one klm out of my mini 2. Very disappointed

I was able to fly my drone +1km away from my position over water with zero connection issues...
2021-8-23
Use props
djiuser_snhh1r6yfQFR
New

Canada

Hello ! I am also new to this sport. I have a mini2.
And if I fly 250ft high I can only go about 500 meters for distance before loosing rc connections!
Is this normal?  I live on an acreage with a few tree lines is all!
2021-9-18
Use props
djiuser_snhh1r6yfQFR
New

Canada

djiuser_LYXbakjKN01J Posted at 5-23 18:18
I live in the suburbs of Los Angeles county. My mini2 and original Magic mini both had weak range although the mini2 was twice that if the original. So I went to eBay and got a yagi antenna range extender for like ten bucks and the mini 2 flys so far I'm never able to see how far it can really go because all my batteries just don't have the juice to out run the range. The yagi antenna are a game changer for sure.

Hello! I am having same issues. Was going to purchase yagi antenna. But most of the videos i watched it never helped. Plus then they say you need to order for 2.4 or 5.8 or something.  Is this right?
2021-9-20
Use props
djiuser_zg3i4xNxMTPe
lvl.2
South Africa

Looks like we all having issues with this drone I really expected more ragee out of as advertised. If I knew this was the case I would have bought a ffar cheaper drone with a 4k camera and settled for 400m!!!!!

Major dissapointment
2022-1-22
Use props
fans19532fab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1143107 ft
Austria

Since I'm here before. If I want to fly my mini 2 now, does it even start in the certain geozones or does it not let me fly in the first place?
2022-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules