Image transmission warning
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwebb3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 695023 ft
United States

Went out to fly my P3A yesterday afternoon. When I got everything up and running I got a warning on the app saying that there was a lot of interference and to be careful of long distance flights. This was the first time I've ever experienced that one. I checked the image transmission setting part of the app and sure enough it was showing several of the channels as red and being unstable. Channel 20 was the current channel and it was just barely showing green. I went ahead and took it up to 150 ft. and started out on a normal route I run where I go easily to around 2000 ft. distance. I barely got 500 ft away and the image started to break up. I brought it back and got stable image again at around 400 ft. I did update the craft to 1.2.8 a couple of days ago so hopefully this was just "one of those things" and it has nothing to do with the update.  This was the third flight after the update. I also updated the app at the same time. First two test flights were fine but I kept it close in so I could keep an eye on it. Altitude reading on the app is definitely way off. I can be 60 ft up and it will read about 1/2 of that. At one point I was hovering at around 25 ft and it was showing negative readings. Anybody else experiencing the image feed dropping out short distance now or the image transmission warning?

2015-6-29
Use props
janibgud
lvl.1

United States

Have you updated to the latest pilot app? At least for the IOS version, there is a new version as of June 26th. The reason I mention it is because it seems to do better with the GPS data such as altitude, distance and speed. Go get it from the app store if you have the ios version.
2015-6-29
Use props
jwebb3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 695023 ft
United States

janibgud Posted at 2015-6-30 00:22
Have you updated to the latest pilot app? At least for the IOS version, there is a new version as of ...

Yep, I'm on the latest version. I updated everything the same day the updated app was released.
2015-6-29
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

jwebb3@comporiu Posted at 2015-6-30 00:56
Yep, I'm on the latest version. I updated everything the same day the updated app was released.

In general you don't want to do that.....IMHO.

I have had some of these errors along the way - and they went away. They had nothing to do with the firmware I was running. I was in my own neighborhood when it happened so it may have been wireless interference from other houses.

Make sure you turn the VPS on the machine off.

I still get a disconnect error here and there, but I have R/C stick control so can land.

I do always land when I get these errors...of course!
2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules