Multiple drones in same area ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vaupell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198392 ft
Denmark

So now that I have been flying my drone around,
some of my friends also ordered a p3p, like i have.

Now I'm wondering, is it possible to fly multiple drones (P3P) in the same area, and is there some sort
of channel setting to ajust ?

I remember model planes, usually agree on "which channel" to fly on, is there something similar for drones?  
- encrypted channels for controls ?  

Or would i actually be able to interfeer/hijack a drone if I'm closer to it, than it's operator ?  
security ?  

2015-6-29
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

the controller and the drone are uniquely paired.  you should have no problems.
2015-6-29
Use props
Vaupell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198392 ft
Denmark

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-6-30 01:30
the controller and the drone are uniquely paired.  you should have no problems.

Awesome
2015-6-29
Use props
santafe199
New

United States

I have a P3 and have flown with a P2V+ and P3 nearby. Both models operate on 2.4GHz so it's best to manually set your channel to avoid interference. You can set your channel manually in the pilot app. Look for a channel that's green as that will have the least amount of interference. even if you're not flying near another drone, I've found it's best to manually set your channel before every flight in a new area.

-Brian
2015-6-29
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

santafe199@gmai Posted at 2015-6-30 02:06
I have a P3 and have flown with a P2V+ and P3 nearby. Both models operate on 2.4GHz so it's best t ...

The "channel" you're referring to is not for the control of the aircraft. That's for the Lightbridge system that feeds video back to you.

Let me rephrase that - that's my understanding of how the system works. In "normal" FPV operation, the quad is running under control of the operator on 2.4 GHz. This system uses a technique called "spread spectrum" and once a transmitter is "bound" to a specific receiver, the chances of interference from another one close by is not impossible, but very unlikely. Also, in "normal" FPV operation, the video information goes from the quad back to the ground on frequencies in the 5.8 GHz range. And that's typically with an analog signal.

DJI is NOT using 5.8 GHz to send their video signal *and* the video signal is digital, not analog.

With today's technology, a group of RC flyers can all fly without the danger of interference from each other that we used to experience in the past. Despite that, I've seen comments from DJI that you should not fly with more than four or five others around. I've not really seen a good explanation of why they feel that way.
2015-6-29
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The manual recommends no more than three Phantom 3's that the same time.. Probably due to video feed interference..
2015-6-29
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-30 03:14
The manual recommends no more than three Phantom 3's that the same time.. Probably due to video feed ...

....  or so you don't smash each other in little Phantombits...
2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules