869 7 2020-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lipscombe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 507854 ft

Canada

Flying my Mavic Mini this weekend.

Took off, headed out.  After a few minutes, I started getting Wind Warnings.

My bad, I should not have flown in such weather, but I did.

I decided not to use return to home, but rather lower altitude and flew back manually.

I continued to get Wind Warnings.

The Wind Warnings consist of:
- A red message bar on top of the screen.  I am ok with this.
- Phone Vibrates - I am ok with this.
- A message that takes up 1/3 of the screen.  I am not ok with the message on the screen.
- No matter how many times I dismiss this message, it kept popping up blocking my screen.

I am trying to fly back and a low altitude to reduce the wind, but the message is blocking too much of my screen.  Think of it this way ... you are driving your car down the freeway.  You get a check engine light.  You decide that you are going to pull over.  But a holographic messages pops up in front of your windshield telling you that you have a Check Engine light and that you should pull over, blocking your view of the road.  

I recommend still giving Wind Warnings.  Still have the a Wind Warning message at the top of the screen in a red bar, but do not pop up text across 1/3 of the display telling you that you have a wind warning.  Perhaps instead of popping up text messages that block so much of the screen, if the user taps the bar at the top of the screen that says Wind Warning (or any other warning), then a text message appears on the screen.  Otherwise, leave the drones "Windshield" clear for flying.

It was my bad for going up in unstable weather. I didn't realize how windy it was going up only a small altitude. The Wind Warnings were not a false error message.  Just blocking so much of the screen is not safe for flying.

2020-12-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Lipscombe. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? I addition I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for further attention. Again, I am sorry and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Theres a free app called UAVForecast which is really good to determine if it good to fly or not.
2020-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very strange, I've had a few wind warnings in the past but nothing that covered 1/3 of the display. I use either a Samsung Galaxy S10+ or a Galaxy Tab S6 when flying my drones. Have you seen this issue in the past or did it just start?
2020-12-2
Use props
Lipscombe
lvl.3

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-1 20:20
Hello there Lipscombe. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? I addition I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for further attention. Again, I am sorry and thank you for your understanding.

Hi.

No need to apologize. My email was a suggestion for a app improvement and my reasons for the suggestion.   I am using an iPhone X, and generally fly in Photo mode.
2020-12-2
Use props
Lipscombe
lvl.3

Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-2 08:35
Very strange, I've had a few wind warnings in the past but nothing that covered 1/3 of the display. I use either a Samsung Galaxy S10+ or a Galaxy Tab S6 when flying my drones. Have you seen this issue in the past or did it just start?

I am using an iPhone X. I generally fly in Photo mode, so I loose a bit of screen realistate there.  The Wind Warning text covers most of left 1/3 of the left of the screen where you see where you are going when it pops up.  

It is not really a bug, the app is working as designed.  

My suggestion is when the error is displayed at the top of the screen in the red bar, don't pop up the text over the screen (unless perhaps I click on the error at the top of the screen for an explanation).

I know what a Wind Warning is (and the other warnings as well), and would prefer not to have all the text explaining the warning is automatically, blocking so much of the screen where I see where I am going.

Other than that "annoyance", the app and the drone are working great.  
2020-12-2
Use props
CharlieScott
New

India

I agree with you. The wind warning takes up too much of the screen. I actually lost a drone into the woods once due to winds. Since then, I check for winds on my climacell app before I go flying.
2020-12-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Lipscombe Posted at 12-2 09:21
Hi.

No need to apologize. My email was a suggestion for a app improvement and my reasons for the suggestion.   I am using an iPhone X, and generally fly in Photo mode.

Hi there Lipscombe. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules