Where can I make requests/suggestions for app developers for new features?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HalloweenBob
lvl.1

United States

Let's say I have an idea for something I would love to see included in a new 3rd party app for the Phantom 3. I am not a programmer, but is there a place where I can pitch the idea and see if anyone is willing to build it into their app?

I have a few, but one that I think would make better videos is a gimbal dampener. I know you can already set the speed you want the gimbal to move at, but more important than that, is getting it to start and stop moving smoothly.

Instead of it stopping abruptly as soon as you take your finger off the dial, I would love to see it slow down to a more gradual stop if this feature is engaged. The abrupt stop, even at relatively slow gimbal speeds can seem jarring in a video that is scenic and panoramic. In the same way that there is a difference in the way an incandescent light bulb and an LED light turn off, having the gimbal take an extra second, or maybe just half a second, or make it adjustable to the users liking, to stop moving after you let go. You divide the extra time into 20 or 30 even segments. Each segment moves the gimbal half the distance of the previous segment making it come to a constantly slowing gradual stop instead of just stopping dead upon release.

Anyway, where do the programmers and developers that create 3rd party apps for the phantom hang out online, and do they take suggestions from users who have no idea how difficult it may be to implement their ideas?

Does anyone know?

Thank you!

2015-6-29
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Could be some people here that could at least relay the ideas to the right people.
I would rather all of the software folks at DJI concentrate on the present software and get it all to function properly before trying to add new features.

I would think that the people with firmware and pilot app issues would tend to agree.
If you meant true 3rd parties that are not affiliated with DJI at all, you could try the web page for entities developing apps for the Phantom.
One of them is here: http://autoflightlogic.com/autopilotphantom

2015-6-29
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

Third party developers are having a hard enough time even getting the SDK to work.

Anything you want added to the Pilot App or changing the way the craft behaves to commands is all DJI.
2015-6-29
Use props
HalloweenBob
lvl.1

United States

Yes, I was talking about true third parties like autoflightlogic and others. I understand that DJI has their plate full, but there always seems to be a programmer out there somewhere who wants to build a better mousetrap. My purpose for asking this was to find a place where people such as I described might hang out, and I could toss in some of my ideas and see if anyone likes them and wants to incorporate them into their 3rd party apps. Perhaps it would be something that they just hadn't thought of yet and could be an added feature for their app.

Through the SDK, DJI has already made all the behaviors possible to control and modify. It is up to outside parties to take those tools and create. I am not a programmer of anything more complicated than a web page, so it is not something I am trained to take on myself, but I would like a place to share some ideas where others who actually do this sort of work might see it.
2015-7-2
Use props
pmcgu
New
United States

HalloweenBob Posted at 2015-7-2 07:58
Yes, I was talking about true third parties like autoflightlogic and others. I understand that DJI h ...

Did you find any developers? I'm looking for the same help.
2016-7-13
Use props
Phantom Menace9
lvl.1

United States

Yes, I started using Litchi, and the developers there are very good with incorporating input from their users. I was an alpha and Beta tester there and tried everything out and gave my feedback, which was always addressed. In fact just the other day I made a suggestion for a feature and was told it was on their to-do list.
2016-7-21
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought the DJI go app has this ability now to slow the movement down to avoid this abrupt stop.   I'm trying to remember the settings, but I know that when I played with the intensity adjustment on these controls in the app, you would take your finger off the gimbal scroll control and the gimbal would continue to move at a slower pace until it stopped.....it took some getting use to so that you would let go of the knob at the correct point so that when the gimbal actually stopped moving that your scene was framed as you would like, but I tihink that feature is there for both yaw movements of the gimbal and also up/down.
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-7-22 03:08
I thought the DJI go app has this ability now to slow the movement down to avoid this abrupt stop.   ...

Adjusting the gimbal SmoothTrack will make go from instant stop when letting go of the wheel to rolling to a stop.
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go into the Advanced Settings of the Gimbal Settings and play with the Gimbal Tilt EXP and Gimbal Tilt SmoothTrack.
2016-7-21
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-22 05:43
Go into the Advanced Settings of the Gimbal Settings and play with the Gimbal Tilt EXP and Gimbal Ti ...

THanks, Ken,.....I knew it was somewhere in that app!
2016-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules