mini 2 remote contoller power
5556 19 2020-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
buehlerbg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

How is the remote controller battery recharged?
How long does a charge last?

Thanks,

( my mini 2 is just leaving China.  E.A.T.  Sunday -  I am like a kid waiting for XMAS)
2020-12-2
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Plug the USB C cable with power adapter into wall & into RC, usually I go through 6 aircraft batteries before I recharge it.
2020-12-2
Use props
buehlerbg
lvl.3
United States

videoeditman Posted at 12-2 11:43
Plug the USB C cable with power adapter into wall & into RC, usually I go through 6 aircraft batteries before I recharge it.

Thank you.
2020-12-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Be prepared that with the fly more combo you will only get one charger and one cable so will need to charge the batteries first then the remote. May be worth your while getting another USB A to USB C cable and a second 18w charger so you can charge the batteries and the RC simultaneously. I get around 9 flights off a single charge with the RC.
2020-12-2
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I have flown more than 15 batteries on a single charge and it still had about half the battery left.  
2020-12-2
Use props
Huginn Keningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

A J Posted at 12-2 14:03
Be prepared that with the fly more combo you will only get one charger and one cable so will need to charge the batteries first then the remote. May be worth your while getting another USB A to USB C cable and a second 18w charger so you can charge the batteries and the RC simultaneously. I get around 9 flights off a single charge with the RC.
Better get a 36W, as the batteries will charge in just 60 mins instead of 80.

You can just fligh all day with the fly more combo and a 12v 3A cappable charger.

I also got a powerbank to recharge batteries on the outside and I can go out and do about 8 flights with just 3 batteries and the 30W cappable powerbank, wich is way cheaper than buying 5 aditional batteries.

PS: I usually recharge the RC after 4 flights or so, but it can do like 6-8 flights. I wouldn't recommend usig it on low charge thoug, the last thing you want is the RC dying midflight XD
2020-12-2
Use props
buehlerbg
lvl.3
United States

Be prepared that with the fly more combo you will only get one charger and one cable so will need to charge the batteries first then the remote. May be worth your while getting another USB A to USB C cable and a second 18w charger so you can charge the batteries and the RC simultaneously. I get around 9 flights off a single charge with the RC.

I have a charger for my phone.  I can use that.
2020-12-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there buehlerbg. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have give. Congratulation on your new DJI Mini 2. The DJI Mini 2 remote controller has a 5200 mAh battery capacity. When charging the said remote controller, kindly please use USB-C cable to connect the USB charger to the USB-C port of the remote controller. It takes the remote controller approx. four hours to fully charge. Thank you.
2020-12-2
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Be prepared that with the fly more combo you will only get one charger and one cable so will need to charge the batteries first then the remote. May be worth your while getting another USB A to USB C cable and a second 18w charger so you can charge the batteries and the RC simultaneously. I get around 9 flights off a single charge with the RC.

I don't even know who uses complete chargers, which are usually the most miserable!
And who can buy a drone for 500+ USD, but can't buy a good charger for less than 50 USD....
2020-12-2
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

buehlerbg@gmail.com Posted at 12-2 16:41

You can use any one that meets the PD (USB Power Delivery) и QC 3.0+ (Quick Charge 3.0) specifications.
2020-12-2
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

USB-C cable provided by DJI is to short!
2020-12-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-2 14:51
I have flown more than 15 batteries on a single charge and it still had about half the battery left.

The RC does last a very long time - especially if you don't enable it to charge the phone during flight.
2020-12-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

buehlerbg@gmail.com Posted at 12-2 16:41

What type of charger?
2020-12-3
Use props
buehlerbg
lvl.3
United States

A J Posted at 12-3 00:20
What type of charger?

I use several different ones for my Pixel 3a phone.
2020-12-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

buehlerbg@gmail.com Posted at 12-3 05:37
I use several different ones for my Pixel 3a phone.

Give them a try - I think 38w is the max
2020-12-3
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

One factor that affects Remote Controller Charge is if you use it to charge your phone or not. Androids default to charge always, iPhones can be switched to not charge thereby increasing your battery life of the RC.
2020-12-3
Use props
djiuser_poWrQD2VexeR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2119731 ft
United Kingdom

Huginn Keningar Posted at 12-2 16:33
Better get a 36W, as the batteries will charge in just 60 mins instead of 80.

You can just fligh all day with the fly more combo and a 12v 3A cappable charger.

Which powerbank do you use? I was told the Mini 2 batteries only max out at 18W when charging it. I thought even if you had a higher wattage charger, the battery would only charge at 18W speed.
2020-12-3
Use props
Huginn Keningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

djiuser_poWrQD2VexeR Posted at 12-3 10:30
Which powerbank do you use? I was told the Mini 2 batteries only max out at 18W when charging it. I thought even if you had a higher wattage charger, the battery would only charge at 18W speed.

According to the instructions the Two-Way battery hub for the Mini 2 has a maximum input capacity of 12v 3A, wich is 36W.

I did the test myself and with the Dji 18W (12v 1.5A) power adaptor charges a single battery from 0% to 100% in 84 minutes, and with a 12v 3A cappable charger it charges from 0% to 100% in just 60 minutes. I completelly drained both batteries before the test by using the hub as a powerbank.

Three fully drained batteries cost 4 hours and 15 minutes with the 18W power adaptor and just 3 hours and 3 minutes with the 36W capable one. Of course batteries at 30-40% instead of 0% will reach 100% much faster.

I use this charger: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product ... 5_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This cable: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product ... 5_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this power bank: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product ... 7_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PS: The power bank has a max output of 30W (12V 2.5A), wich is a little bit slower, but you can do 4 flights in a row easily. Also, you can charge the battery hub and the controller at the same time with the power bank when you are out in the fields. If you precharge the 3 batteries and the controller at home and bring the power bank with you, you can do about 8 flights on the field (the controller will usually handle that without being recharged).
2020-12-3
Use props
djiuser_R93wN9z
lvl.1
Brazil

JohnLietzke Posted at 2020-12-2 14:51
I have flown more than 15 batteries on a single charge and it still had about half the battery left.

Hello John. I'm a new Mini 2 user and would like to know at what controller battery level should i stop and put it to charge ? i have made around 9 flights and the controller still has 3 of 4  leds lit now. My doubt is : should i wait until only 1 led is left to charge the controller ? i could not find this information anywhere even in this forum!
thanks,
Claudio
2023-1-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_R93wN9z Posted at 1-8 16:00
Hello John. I'm a new Mini 2 user and would like to know at what controller battery level should i stop and put it to charge ? i have made around 9 flights and the controller still has 3 of 4  leds lit now. My doubt is : should i wait until only 1 led is left to charge the controller ? i could not find this information anywhere even in this forum!
thanks,
Claudio

Yes, when it hits one light, that signals me that it's rime to recharge.
2023-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules