Dji Pocket 2 SD card Transfer Error
2849 13 2020-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Norruna
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3986 ft
Sweden

Hi, I just got my new Pocket 2, I have a problem with transfering files to my computer.

Edited post and more clear description of the problem:

If i remove the sdcard from the pocket 2 and put it into a USB reader, I can transfer and delete files from the sd card, But if i connect the usb cable directly to the pocket 2, I can only copy the files to my computer, Once i press Delete, The SD card goes corrupt, Not my computer can read it, or the pocket, and it has to reformat the sd card.

With all my cameras ive so far used the function in widows MOVE, Which then copies the items one by one, And deletes it when it finishes copying the current file, This now corrupts the sd card after the first file has been copied and is being deleted.

I tried using the cable on my second computer and there it works, I can copy and delete files no problem whatsoever, But this is a new more expensive PC with good parts, But still behaves in this way, Does anyone have any idea of what i can do? Ive tried different USB cables, Different USB ports. Same problem, Once i delete the file via the cable directly to the pocket 2, The sd card goes corrupt.

I could remove the sd card and transfer everytime but i want to solve this problem if possible.

Thanks for any support!
2020-12-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not at all. I've had the same experience with the Ultra-fast Sandisk cards I "borrowed" from my DJI drones.  I get the message "SD card too slow" from the Pocket 2. But they work any way.  To be on the safe side, I just got a 128Gb Sandisk card, and that doesn't report the same error.
2020-12-3
Use props
Norruna
lvl.2
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 12-3 09:25
Not at all. I've had the same experience with the Ultra-fast Sandisk cards I "borrowed" from my DJI drones.  I get the message "SD card too slow" from the Pocket 2. But they work any way.  To be on the safe side, I just got a 128Gb Sandisk card, and that doesn't report the same error.

So i need to buy a faster sd card? If so, Have any recommendation of which?

Once ive transfered the files and disconnected it just says Error slow sd card on the pocket 2, and on the computer it asks me to reformat the sd card before i can access it again, like it corrupts when i unplug the cable.
I have the same sdcards  but 64gb for my 4k system camera and the mavic air, no problems there..
2020-12-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Norruna Posted at 12-3 09:52
So i need to buy a faster sd card? If so, Have any recommendation of which?

Once ive transfered the files and disconnected it just says Error slow sd card on the pocket 2, and on the computer it asks me to reformat the sd card before i can access it again, like it corrupts when i unplug the cable.

There's a list of recommended cards on the DJI website and, I think, in the Operator's manual.
2020-12-3
Use props
Norruna
lvl.2
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 12-3 10:33
There's a list of recommended cards on the DJI website and, I think, in the Operator's manual.

Ok thanks, the one i got was one recommended on the site i bought the pocket 2 from, www.inet.se.

If i dont get this working i might have to buy new ones from some other recommendation.

Ive tested some more, I can fully record and copy the files from the sd card on the computer, But if i delete any of the files on the sdcard from the computer, The SD card goes corrupt and either the pc and the pocket 2 cannot read it anymore until formated, Ive tried 2 of the same cards since i had 2 unopened new bought from mymemory, both the same result.

Before when i pressed MOVE files from the sdcard, as soon as it was done copying the first and went to delete it, The rest of the files is unobtainable. So if i copy ALL files first and then format the card on the pocket 2 to empty it works, But it shouldnt behave like this right?
2020-12-3
Use props
Norruna
lvl.2
Sweden

Norruna Posted at 12-3 11:01
Ok thanks, the one i got was one recommended on the site i bought the pocket 2 from, www.inet.se.

If i dont get this working i might have to buy new ones from some other recommendation.

Tried my old 64 GB versions of the same card, It has the same problem, I found that the problem only exist if i plug in a usb directly to the pocket 2 from the computer, I press Accept connection on the pocket 2 and transfer the files, If i delete any file at all, The SD card goes corrupt, not even my computer can read it.
If i remove the sdcard from the pocket 2 and put it into a sdcard reader, I can copy and delete files without any problems, Why is the live connection to the computer corrupting the cards? Anyone else have this problem?

Preferably i would like to be able to just plug in the cable and transfer the files, Without removing the sd card every time.
2020-12-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Norruna Posted at 12-3 11:01
Ok thanks, the one i got was one recommended on the site i bought the pocket 2 from, www.inet.se.

If i dont get this working i might have to buy new ones from some other recommendation.

It's not ideal. Are you on Windows or Mac?  I've had trouble with Windows 10 (64bit) in its latest iterations failing to recognise odd things, like SD card readers, webcams and the like. I can only think that it's planned obsolescence, as they worked fine on earlier versions.
2020-12-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Norruna Posted at 12-3 11:28
Tried my old 64 GB versions of the same card, It has the same problem, I found that the problem only exist if i plug in a usb directly to the pocket 2 from the computer, I press Accept connection on the pocket 2 and transfer the files, If i delete any file at all, The SD card goes corrupt, not even my computer can read it.
If i remove the sdcard from the pocket 2 and put it into a sdcard reader, I can copy and delete files without any problems, Why is the live connection to the computer corrupting the cards? Anyone else have this problem?

If you plug the cable into the Do-it-All handle it won't down load. I found that, you have to remove the handle and plug the cable directly into the Pocket camera for it to download properly.  That's not ideal either.
2020-12-3
Use props
Norruna
lvl.2
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 12-3 12:00
If you plug the cable into the Do-it-All handle it won't down load. I found that, you have to remove the handle and plug the cable directly into the Pocket camera for it to download properly.  That's not ideal either.

I havent actually used the do-it-all-yet, its still in the box, I just plugged directly into the pocket 2. I tried my second computer, There i can connect the pocket 2 directly and transfer / Delete files, No corruption, What the hell is going on..

I tried different USB ports and USB cables on my main computer, Same problem, If i delete any file on the sd card while connected to the pocket 2 the sd card goes corrupt, I even held the pocket 2 in my hands while doing it incase of it getting some short circuit from the computer chassi, No difference.
2020-12-3
Use props
notdmartian
lvl.2

Singapore

Norruna Posted at 12-3 12:09
I havent actually used the do-it-all-yet, its still in the box, I just plugged directly into the pocket 2. I tried my second computer, There i can connect the pocket 2 directly and transfer / Delete files, No corruption, What the hell is going on..

I tried different USB ports and USB cables on my main computer, Same problem, If i delete any file on the sd card while connected to the pocket 2 the sd card goes corrupt, I even held the pocket 2 in my hands while doing it incase of it getting some short circuit from the computer chassi, No difference.

might be a long shot but I remember there was a Windows USB settings before that changes the behavior  of whether you can safely yank out the USB or must use Safe Eject. you might want to look into this.
2020-12-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Norruna. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. DJI suggest using a supported SD card on your DJI pocket 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition I will post the list of supported SD cards for the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.

2020-12-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Norruna Posted at 12-3 11:28
Tried my old 64 GB versions of the same card, It has the same problem, I found that the problem only exist if i plug in a usb directly to the pocket 2 from the computer, I press Accept connection on the pocket 2 and transfer the files, If i delete any file at all, The SD card goes corrupt, not even my computer can read it.

Update on the file transfer situation:  This morning I did a bit of filming with the Pocket 2, with the do-it-all handle attached for easier handling. To download the files, I had the Pocket switched OFF, plugged the cable into the do-it-all handle, then switched the pocket ON. After a moment the screen displayed the message Connect to Computer ( Answered yes) and I could then find the files in the DCIM directory in (100Media subfolder) and download them to the Windows PC.  No problem.  I hope you find the same result.
2020-12-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

notdmartian Posted at 12-3 19:04
might be a long shot but I remember there was a Windows USB settings before that changes the behavior  of whether you can safely yank out the USB or must use Safe Eject. you might want to look into this.

Yes it's best to do the "Safe" removal procedure. However, if you switch the Pocket 2 off whilst still connected to the PC, That option disappears.
2020-12-4
Use props
Norruna
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-3 20:14
Hello there Norruna. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. DJI suggest using a supported SD card on your DJI pocket 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition I will post the list of supported SD cards for the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the examples of cards, The memory i am using is Samsung 128GB Evo Plus Micro SD Card (SDXC) UHS-I U3 + Adapter - 100MB/s

Its in your list, just that your example was 64GB, Shouldnt matter right? The Pocket 2 should support up to 256GB?
2020-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules