Jerky video with Osmo Mobile 3
1296 4 2020-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gymnast46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78163 ft
United States

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  When I first got the Mobile 3 I did a side by side test jogging with my iPhone 11 Pro max in the gimbal and my wife's iPhone 8 handheld.  The difference was remarkable with the gimbal producing very smooth video.  

Today I used it to shoot video of a couple of skiers.  I tried to hold the unit as steady as I could but the result is not very smooth.  Here's the video.   Any suggestions?

https://youtu.be/ZYjVE4ZIp-4

2020-12-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gymnast46. I am sorry fro the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what resolution you have used for shooting just a reminder that the DJI Mimo application does not provide EIS at 4K 60fps, kindly please try using a different resolution when filming. In addition kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if there is still jitter, so as to test whether if it is a problem with DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Thank you.
2020-12-3
Use props
Gymnast46
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-3 20:50
Hello there Gymnast46. I am sorry fro the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what resolution you have used for shooting just a reminder that the DJI Mimo application does not provide EIS at 4K 60fps, kindly please try using a different resolution when filming. In addition kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if there is still jitter, so as to test whether if it is a problem with DJI Osmo Mobile 3. Thank you.

The phone's app was set at 4K and 30 FPS.  What resolution should I be using?   See next post.
2020-12-4
Use props
Gymnast46
lvl.2
United States

Basic question.  I know I can change the resolution in the phone.  In the app itself, this was  the setting I found.

resolution.jpg
2020-12-4
Use props
Gymnast46
lvl.2
United States

I'm still hoping someone can answer my question.  Which settings should I use to video a skier without getting a shaky result?
2020-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules