The extreme solidity of the Mini 2
1050 10 2020-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robert20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 976798 ft
Netherlands

Today I had a wonderfull flight, but in the 2nd flight I forgot the height of some trees and the Mini 2 smashed from a height of 35 meters down in grass. Except damage to 4 props which hitted the trees, nothing - but really nothing - was damaged. After replacing the props, everything worked smoothly. I am very impressed about the solidity of the Mini 2.

2020-12-4
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12885007 ft
United Kingdom

Lucky escape . where is the video of the crash ? may be we can learn something as to how the crash happened ?
2020-12-4
Use props
Robert20
lvl.4
Netherlands

DukeofDrones Posted at 12-4 09:18
Lucky escape . where is the video of the crash ? may be we can learn something as to how the crash happened ?

Just started. Video was off. Could trace the drone in the DJI Fly app and the Airdata UAV app.
2020-12-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a tip. Since a crash onto trees occurred, I would check the feel of the motors every time you use it from now on. Just turn them and feel for any resistance. A used Mini that I bought had both front motors fail with a large amount of very tiny metal bits inside about 4 months later. I never ran it into anything, but I can't say that about the previous owner. The Mini looked and flew perfect but I now have to assume there was hidden damage that did not manifest until much later.
2020-12-4
Use props
Robert20
lvl.4
Netherlands

GaryDoug Posted at 12-4 20:41
Just a tip. Since a crash onto trees occurred, I would check the feel of the motors every time you use it from now on. Just turn them and feel for any resistance. A used Mini that I bought had both front motors fail with a large amount of very tiny metal bits inside about 4 months later. I never ran it into anything, but I can't say that about the previous owner. The Mini looked and flew perfect but I now have to assume there was hidden damage that did not manifest until much later.

Thanks for the tip. I've found out via the Airdata UAV app that the Mini hitted the highest and thinnest twigs and damaged only 4 props. Nothing else during the downfall. Anyway, I'll be cautious.   
2020-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very lucky,  you should buy a lottery ticket.
2020-12-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

The mini's are little brutes.
2020-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Robert20. We're glad that nothing serious happened and no one got hurt. We recommend inspecting again the aircraft and look for any possible damage before trying it out to ensure flight safety. Always have a safe flight!
2020-12-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very lucky indeed
2020-12-5
Use props
Robert20
lvl.4
Netherlands

Thank you all Today 2 flights. The Mini is in good health
2020-12-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Truly lucky.  Glad to hear your Mini 2 is in great health.  
2020-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules