HDMI output
8928 10 2020-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Does the Mini2 controller have an HDMI output port such that in can feed a headset with HDMI input port for flying FPV?  I don't want it to be wifi FPV, I want it to be cabled/wired for use with a headset that has HDMI in.

Thanks!

2020-12-4
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

No HDMI out on that controller.
2020-12-4
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

OK.  What kind of headset would be needed to fly it FPV?
2020-12-4
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

See this: Fpv
2020-12-4
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I will just wait for Mini 2 Support with the SmartController. Like I did with the Air 2.

2020-12-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, rgp1942. We appreciate your inquiry but as already been answered, the DJI Mini 2 remote doesn't have an HDMI output port. Thanks for understanding and your continued support.
2020-12-4
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

Yes, I've tried this with a Tello.  It works but is a very impractical solution.  It's too bad DJI doesn't realize there needs to be a practical way to do FPV with the Mini series.  It really shoots the usefulness of the Mini's in the foot.  A simple HDMI out using USB-C on the remote would allow using a plethora of analog headsets that have HDMI input.
2020-12-5
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

rgp1942 Posted at 12-5 13:36
Yes, I've tried this with a Tello.  It works but is a very impractical solution.  It's too bad DJI doesn't realize there needs to be a practical way to do FPV with the Mini series.  It really shoots the usefulness of the Mini's in the foot.  A simple HDMI out using USB-C on the remote would allow using a plethora of analog headsets that have HDMI input.

They have been begging for ActiveTrack for two years in Mini, but DJI does not understand ....

True, they say that it cannot be done, but the Litchi developers have shown the whole world what can be done!
2020-12-8
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

DJI probably makes the best drones for video creation.  Part of imagery is aiming your shot, framing it, following something, etc., While it's true that you can fumble through this by looking at a little monitor, being able to fly FPV makes a world of difference.  While DJI does offer headsets, their left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing when pairing a drone with a headset.  This results in there only being half a solution from my perspective.  There was no practical FPV solution for the Mini, and now there is no practical solution for the Mini2, even thought they changed from wifi to Occusync 2.  I would love to have a Mini2 (especially since the DJI FPV Drone turns out to be a monster instead of the Cinewhoop we were hoping for), but without practical FPV, it misses the target for my search for a Cinewhoop with DJI stability.
2020-12-8
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Netherlands

rgp1942 Posted at 12-8 11:40
DJI probably makes the best drones for video creation.  Part of imagery is aiming your shot, framing it, following something, etc., While it's true that you can fumble through this by looking at a little monitor, being able to fly FPV makes a world of difference.  While DJI does offer headsets, their left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing when pairing a drone with a headset.  This results in there only being half a solution from my perspective.  There was no practical FPV solution for the Mini, and now there is no practical solution for the Mini2, even thought they changed from wifi to Occusync 2.  I would love to have a Mini2 (especially since the DJI FPV Drone turns out to be a monster instead of the Cinewhoop we were hoping for), but without practical FPV, it misses the target for my search for a Cinewhoop with DJI stability.

When I wrote to Samsung why they liney do not update the Operating system only on Exynos processors, in the same line of tablets.
They wrote me a message that they already buy a lot and they are absolutely not interested in the opinion of one person!

I think the hint is clear.
2020-12-8
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Next Dji Fpv https://www.quadricottero.com/20 ... asi-prime-foto.html
2020-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now