Litchi Error Warning and AT problem
1159 9 2020-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Still quite fond if the official Litchi app but found a couple of problems. I wonder if someone else came across those
1) when i connect to my mini with Litchi it gives me the message "WARNING AIRCRAFT ENCODER ERROR, HARDWARE MALFUNCTION. Please contact dji....."
2) when TRACK mode, the camera seems to follow me in the green square, BUT THE mini isnt moving at all?
Has anyone come across either issue?
Thanks for any pointers
2020-12-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Looking at the fb group it's a common error and nothing to worry about at the moment.

When in track mode and you have something selected you will have options on the left with additional modes, the first being follow me which is what you seem to be looking for.
2020-12-5
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks a lot my friend, guess I'll have to try that one again. Why ist that encoder error nothing to worry about? Sorry but I'm not on FB
Thanks again
2020-12-5
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 12-5 08:44
Thanks a lot my friend, guess I'll have to try that one again. Why ist that encoder error nothing to worry about? Sorry but I'm not on FB
Thanks again

You can ask you question to litchi team by e-mail support@flylitchi.com
2020-12-5
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you Dmtry
2020-12-5
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Entering trackmode is like initiate something ... you select an object and litchi "asks" what to do now ... do you want to track the object while manually flying, then fly free and I keep the selected object in focus...or do you want orbit, then click orbit or do you want that I follow automatically, then click follow. Track mode without any of these 3 choices let's the drone only STAY in its position while keeping you/the object in focus. By the way, today I have tested some features and it became dark outside...I selected myself and saw that the drone instantly has began shaking (and after 2 or 3 seconds also has lost the target. So trackmode doesn't like dusk. 2nd test on the way home...follow mode in the darkness, this works as expected...of course I mean follow mode based on remote controller.
2020-12-5
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Yup, thanks!!! Got it
2020-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ingo Sundowner. Sorry to read about your issue. It is suggested to check it with the DJI Fly first. If the problem doesn't exist there, you can contact the software's dedicated support to check whether this is normal or has been escalated. Thanks for understanding.
2020-12-6
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 12-5 08:44
Thanks a lot my friend, guess I'll have to try that one again. Why ist that encoder error nothing to worry about? Sorry but I'm not on FB
Thanks again

I don't know how true this statement is so that's why I didn't include it in my first post. It's claimed that "Encoder error" is an old error brought on by the SDK and DJI suppress the error where litchi doesn't so you see it from time to time.

This was the best answer given on litchi's support fb group, searching Encoder error brings up posts from months ago and no one has an answer for it, so the best bet if you are really worried would be to email litchi and ask them exactly what it means.
2020-12-6
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Ingo Sundowner said:  Sorry but I'm not on FB
No need to apologize for that  
2020-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now