DJI MINI 2 NEW BLOCKED - NEVER FLY
4068 29 2020-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JPL83380
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271952 ft
France

Hi everyone there, I would like to tell the community about a bad upgrade experiment as the new owners of a DJI MINI II will not experiment the same experiment

I have installed DJI FLY. After activate my device, I have bought DJI CARE then I was teased to use my new device. Unfortunately there were an Upgrade to make. I have done it successfully as indicated on the remote. My device was switch off after the upgrade. I switch it on as conect to the device but there were a message telling me that firmwares were incompatible.

I am still with a no functional new device, blocked after upgrading my device as required by DJI FLY Apps.  My device has NEVER FLY because after the upgrade, message "Incompatible firmware" is displayed and not allow me to take off.
All operations I have tried are the following :
1) Upgrade of the 3 batteries successfully
2) Upgrade thanks to assistant 2 of the remote controller (refresh) successfully 2.00.1101 release number
3) No way to upgrade device firmware using assistant II but I have successfully export DAT file

Situation :
Blocked, never fly

I really appreciate anyone suggestion for get ride of the problem.

2020-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JPL83380. We have replied back on your other posts. Kindly check and let us know if any of it helps. Please make sure to hit the reply button for us to be notified. Thank you!
2020-12-6
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 04:12
Hi, JPL83380. We have replied back on your other posts. Kindly check and let us know if any of it helps. Please make sure to hit the reply button for us to be notified. Thank you!

that is right. You have asked me several information. This new post was to give the community more information about this problem from one hand and to answer about release numbers you asked me for.
I am not used to the forum use. Sorry for that. Whereas, the problem is still the same. No way to correct it?
Best regards
2020-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JPL83380 Posted at 12-6 04:36
that is right. You have asked me several information. This new post was to give the community more information about this problem from one hand and to answer about release numbers you asked me for.
I am not used to the forum use. Sorry for that. Whereas, the problem is still the same. No way to correct it?
Best regards

Thanks for the update and we'll have this check with our engineers. Before that, could you please help to export the flight log of your drone and the app log? The flight log can be extracted from the DJI Assistant 2. Please follow the App Log Export methods below to export the app log, thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

1. Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, and then export the data in the " LOG" folder under the "dji.go.v5" folder.

2. iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the DJI Fly "Logs" folder.
2020-12-6
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 06:49
Thanks for the update and we'll have this check with our engineers. Before that, could you please help to export the flight log of your drone and the app log? The flight log can be extracted from the DJI Assistant 2. Please follow the App Log Export methods below to export the app log, thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

1. Android device:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for being concerned. You can see files and folders there :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LGIgOgSJH-U50x0Y84J8Frit1XmRfu8O?usp=sharing

Best regards
2020-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JPL83380 Posted at 12-6 07:14
Dear Sir,

Thank you for providing the information, I'll help to download it and forward it to the related team for a check.
2020-12-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear Sir,

"Dear Sir,"

I'm not 100% sure of this but I think it is a lady ;-)
2020-12-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dear Sir,

Sorry for the inconvenience, according to the team, the MISC folder under the SD card is also needed.
So could you help to export the hidden folder for the SD card? Please insert the SD card into your drone and connect the drone to your computer then export the MISC folder under the SD card. Thanks.
2020-12-6
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

GaryDoug Posted at 12-6 19:36
"Dear Sir,"

I'm not 100% sure of this but I think it is a lady ;-)

My camera is OFF

2020-12-7
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 19:48
Sorry for the inconvenience, according to the team, the MISC folder under the SD card is also needed.
So could you help to export the hidden folder for the SD card? Please insert the SD card into your drone and connect the drone to your computer then export the MISC folder under the SD card. Thanks.

I am preparing MISC folder from the SD card. Because my limited connexion, I will send it  RAR format is the same as before :

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... XmRfu8O?usp=sharing

name of file is MISC.rar
Uploading in process. Will be online within 3 minutes from now
Best regards
2020-12-7
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

File is available now
2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JPL83380 Posted at 12-7 01:18
I am preparing MISC folder from the SD card. Because my limited connexion, I will send it  RAR format is the same as before :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LGIgOgSJH-U50x0Y84J8Frit1XmRfu8O?usp=sharing

Thanks for providing the file, I'll download it and help to forward it to our engineers for a check.
2020-12-7
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-7 19:37
Thanks for providing the file, I'll download it and help to forward it to our engineers for a check.
Hi,
My provider there has proposed to exchange my drone. This one has never fly and the situation came from the upgrade. Do you suggest that I accept the exchange or do you think that DJII will provide a solution very soon?
Do you think that it would be better not to upgrade the drone? (According to me the problem is there)
That you to give me your advice
Have a good day
2020-12-7
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

@dji support   do you have a solution regarding incompatible firmwares problems caused by the last firmware upgrade for mini 2?
I am still blocked and using my new drone is still impossible. I feel great frustration about that...
2020-12-8
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 19:48

Hi, I didn't hear from you since I have provided you the different files you asked me. Do you have found any issue about the problem that some guys like me are experimenting after upgrading mini 2 with this disaster last firmware release?
Thank you for keeping in contact with me and all guys with this problem.
Best regards
2020-12-8
Use props
nasnat
lvl.2
Israel

JPL83380 Posted at 12-8 13:04
Hi, I didn't hear from you since I have provided you the different files you asked me. Do you have found any issue about the problem that some guys like me are experimenting after upgrading mini 2 with this disaster last firmware release?
Best regards

Love your optimism...
You really think DJI will help? or answer?
we are not considered as clients... more like paying QA
2020-12-8
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

nasnat Posted at 12-8 14:17
Love your optimism...
You really think DJI will help? or answer?
we are not considered as clients... more like paying QA

Well, if they don't care clients they will lose . Competitive products are available
2020-12-8
Use props
djiuser_NCUQ4EDbK3rk
lvl.1

United States

Being that I've only purchased broken drones to repair and fly, this answers my question whether I should buy the latest and greatest.

It's unbelievable JDI hasn't responded!

They've got a great product.  But I constantly hear about poor support.

Someone from upper management needs to start kicking some asses!  Otherwise, their job in is jeopardy too.

Come on JDI!  You're releasing a new product that could change the industry.  Why shoot yourself in the head like this?

2020-12-8
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-6 06:49

1. Android device:

STILL UNABLE TO FLY AFTER FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Fortunately, I have found a solution about my drone, I do not speak for myself but in the name of whom are not as lucky I am. You should read DJI forum about this situation. I don't speak for me as I have a great dealer in France and he is going to exchange my unpacked drone, (moreover I have a DJI CARE insurance) there is a dull anger roaring on the forum about a situation born from the frustration of being blocked and the feeling of being alone. You should pay attention.... Clients are whom make your success.
Have a good day
2020-12-9
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

djiuser_NCUQ4EDbK3rk Posted at 12-8 22:38
Being that I've only purchased broken drones to repair and fly, this answers my question whether I should buy the latest and greatest.

It's unbelievable JDI hasn't responded!

You should read my last comment going in the same direction as your.....
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JPL83380 Posted at 12-8 13:04
Best regards

Hi, JPL83380. Sorry for the inconvenience it has caused. The cause is still being investigated as of the time being but according to the preliminary conclusion, this could be related to a fly-safe data update. This is already being worked on and will be fixed as soon as possible.
2020-12-9
Use props
nasnat
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-9 01:49
Hi, JPL83380. Sorry for the inconvenience it has caused. The cause is still being investigated as of the time being but according to the preliminary conclusion, this could be related to a fly-safe data update. This is already being worked on and will be fixed as soon as possible.

STOP INVESTIGATING
And start fixing... support Mini 2 with DJI Assistant and allow users to overcome the upgrade issues!
Or don't sell a a product without full support
2020-12-9
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

Today (10/12/20) you still do not have a solution?
Can you tell where are your investigations regarding this problem?
Regards
2020-12-10
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

If your using an android device it has to be 64-bit processing. Which from experience i can tell you only high end androids are. Walmart sells a lenovo m8 tablet for 70 bucks thats 64-bit and works damn amazing with dji fly app.i use it everyday.i had same issues as you. Went out and bought a 64-bit tablet and was set to go. Hope this helps. dji wont just leave you in the dust. They do care. Good luck bro.
2020-12-10
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

NEW INFORMATION
My dealer in France has exchanged my new done, I thank it for that. Receiving my new drone, I have first activated it, then tested it flying with the initial firmware. As everything was fine, I have applied the update firmware BUT WITHOUT UPDATING SAFE FLY BDD. In that case, the error message was NOT displayed and everything was going well. I will not update my flysafe bdd without further instructions from DJI.
I wanted with this message to help community to make more clear  the problem encountered by some guys and me.
Have a great day flying
2020-12-14
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ Posted at 12-10 16:51
If your using an android device it has to be 64-bit processing. Which from experience i can tell you only high end androids are. Walmart sells a lenovo m8 tablet for 70 bucks thats 64-bit and works damn amazing with dji fly app.i use it everyday.i had same issues as you. Went out and bought a 64-bit tablet and was set to go. Hope this helps. dji wont just leave you in the dust. They do care. Good luck bro.

Thank for your advise. For my part I have checked with DJI that my mobile was compatible. I do not think that the problem encountered had this origin. But one more time thank you to be concerned.
Regarding my situation my problem is over thank to the exchange but I guess that the problem is still actually existing for everyone who didn't have a solution for exchanging the drone.
2020-12-14
Use props
nasnat
lvl.2
Singapore

JPL83380 Posted at 12-14 02:40
Thank for your advise. For my part I have checked with DJI that my mobile was compatible. I do not think that the problem encountered had this origin. But one more time thank you to be concerned.
Regarding my situation my problem is over thank to the exchange but I guess that the problem is still actually existing for everyone who didn't have a solution for exchanging the drone.

The new update helped?
2020-12-21
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

nasnat Posted at 12-21 04:04
The new update helped?

I have returned the blocked drone to my supplier in France. I didn't try the last upgrade but, with my new drone I have installed the problematic one but NOT Flysafe upgrade. Everything in functional except my fly safe base which is out of  date.
I hope that I could help someone there.
Great day for everybody and good flights
2020-12-21
Use props
teejayjohnny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58766 ft
Spain

JPL83380 Posted at 12-21 04:11
I have returned the blocked drone to my supplier in France. I didn't try the last upgrade but, with my new drone I have installed the problematic one but NOT Flysafe upgrade. Everything in functional except my fly safe base which is out of  date.
I hope that I could help someone there.
Great day for everybody and good flights

Hey JPL83380, thanks for your tips. I think I'm in the same situation. The app update didn't work well and now my new aircraft (the previous one flew away) is not communicating with the controller. The DJI support team was useless, I learnt more from your posts. I still hope I won't need to send my new aircraft back as I've waited for it for a long time.
2020-12-30
Use props
JPL83380
lvl.1
France

teejayjohnny Posted at 12-30 08:09
Hey JPL83380, thanks for your tips. I think I'm in the same situation. The app update didn't work well and now my new aircraft (the previous one flew away) is not communicating with the controller. The DJI support team was useless, I learnt more from your posts. I still hope I won't need to send my new aircraft back as I've waited for it for a long time.

Hi,
I can understand that waiting for an aircraft blocked by insane update is a real frustrating situation. I hope for you that DJI is going to find an issue. I suggest NOT TO UPGRADE your aircraft as along as DJI ASSISTANT 2 is not taking your aircraft in charge because it's the only wait to downgrade your firmware in case of problem after updating.
Have a nice day
2020-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules