Missing features on DJI Fly app?
2210 11 2020-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiniTourGuy22
lvl.1
Canada

So after looking at a few youtube videos showing the features of the Fly app, I noticed that I am missing some features which were mentioned and shown and am wondering why? The first is that the 'phone charge' option is not displayed any where? Then in the 'Fn' button customization, it only gives me the 'recenter gimble' option and not the 'toggle map view'? Also under the 'Transmission tab' it does not show the 'Frequency' options of '2.4', '5.8' or 'dual band'? That is what I have discovered so far and that was all after updating the firmware. Anybody else had these issues?

2020-12-6
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

1. phone charge option: no, because I'm on a android phone. On android you can't put it off. If you should have an IPHONE the option should be there.

2. Fn-knob: got only one option available too.

3. The frequency option is available to me. Unless the 5 GHz band is not allowed in your country, you should see all the frequency options available.
2020-12-6
Use props
MiniTourGuy22
lvl.1
Canada

Ok so I am using an android phone so I guess that explains the charging one missing. I am in Canada and am not sure if the 5Ghz band is available here or not?
2020-12-6
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

MiniTourGuy22 Posted at 12-6 17:26
Ok so I am using an android phone so I guess that explains the charging one missing. I am in Canada and am not sure if the 5Ghz band is available here or not?

I know that 5.8 wasn't available for RC transmission some time ago in Canada. Don't know about the regulations at the moment. With the Mini 1, only a few channels were available on the 5.8GHz band.
I know that there were some other people in other countries not having the 5.8 GHz option either, because of local legislation.

Check it out or try contacting DJI about that issue.  It is certainly not a general problem of the software.
2020-12-6
Use props
MiniTourGuy22
lvl.1
Canada

Strangely enough when Ii went to open the app again a few minutes ago, the options for Dual band and 5.8GHz showed up now? Not sure if that was a glitch or just took that long to update the firmware perhaps?
2020-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MiniTourGuy22. I am sorry fro the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2020-12-6
Use props
MiniTourGuy22
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-6 20:21
Hello there MiniTourGuy22. I am sorry fro the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Yah its the mavic mini2
2020-12-6
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

MiniTourGuy22 Posted at 12-6 20:28
Yah its the mavic mini2

Guy,
I think he wants to know the brand and model of your smartphone, as the fly app interacts with the OS of your phone.
2020-12-6
Use props
MiniTourGuy22
lvl.1
Canada

JohnDG Posted at 12-6 23:09
Guy,
I think he wants to know the brand and model of your smartphone, as the fly app interacts with the OS of your phone.

Oh yes of course. Its a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_XKQiTkZzSCP3
lvl.1
United States

I recently bought the Mini2 (Feb 2021) and in the USA, and I don't see 5.8 Ghz as a choice, even when I try manual mode.  Is there some misconfiguration issue? I have Fly app ver 1.24 for Andriod.
2021-2-11
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I found that odd as well ..I’m on a note 10 plus so it won’t charge. But the FN button only gives me two options
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_pnP1S38uYwSk
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-6 20:21

I have no option fo for dual band, 5.8 or smooth or hd.  Wtf
2022-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules