4058 7 2020-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If I use Quick transfer mode by pressing the Button on the back on the Mini 2 it works but the drone gets very hot. Also if I do it indoors where I have a lot of Wifi it says high interferance enviroment and is very slow and gets extra hot. Anyone else getting this

2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bigplumbs. since there are no heat sinks inside DJI Mini 2, it is normal for the aircraft to get hot while working for a long time, especially when dealing with huge data, like recording or transferring at a high speed with a wireless connection. If there is a strong interference surrounding, it consumes much more since it is harder to deal with all those orders as keep linking with the RC or the mobile device, transferring the data, etc. We kindly suggest cooling down the aircraft firstly just after a long time flight, and then try the Quick Transfer function by positioning the aircraft in an open area, by which it might be helpful for radiating.
2020-12-7
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

That's true, when flying it cools down from the air intakes, but indoors it'll get hot, so better use a card reader.

I transfer high res phots midflight (the option that appears in the menu) but copy the card anyways to a PC with a card reader; it's way faster, the drone keeps cool and you don't degrade the batteries unnecessarily.
2020-12-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am also using a card reader as it is much quicker. One interesting thing however is that with the card reader the little bit of 4K video I took as a test would not download. I almost always only shoot in 1080p so have never seen this before
2020-12-9
Use props
djiuser_XCIE7BaUFRuW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36860 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-12-7 23:32
Hi, Bigplumbs. since there are no heat sinks inside DJI Mini 2, it is normal for the aircraft to get hot while working for a long time, especially when dealing with huge data, like recording or transferring at a high speed with a wireless connection. If there is a strong interference surrounding, it consumes much more since it is harder to deal with all those orders as keep linking with the RC or the mobile device, transferring the data, etc. We kindly suggest cooling down the aircraft firstly just after a long time flight, and then try the Quick Transfer function by positioning the aircraft in an open area, by which it might be helpful for radiating.

I place drone on top of room air purifier to keep it cool
2022-2-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_XCIE7BaUFRuW Posted at 2-25 23:00
I place drone on top of room air purifier to keep it cool

take the card out of the drone and put it in a reader attached to the storage device, it's faster and doesn't waste battery life.
2022-2-25
Use props
TWStories
lvl.3

Canada

Yea I would just take the card out and copy the card directly to your computer or phone.    Unless you have extra batteries.

New
United States

Thank you for this post as I cant get the Transfer to work but the drone got so hot so fast I thought there was something wrong, will use card reader to get the videos as I been plugin the drone in and wile it got hot that way to it would take forever so maybe the reader will get them faster.
2022-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules