4368 32 2020-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
szarzyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 342779 ft

Poland

Hi,

I noticed a strange vibration while the drone is hovering in the air. Vibrations do not occur in normal flight. When I was flying it, it was quite windy. Has anyone encountered such a problem? best regards.

Below is a link to the movie:

https://youtu.be/Oc337_etnl4

2020-12-7
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Hi, video is unavailable
2020-12-7
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

Through The Lens Posted at 12-7 07:07
Hi, video is unavailable

Hmm, Please try again. The video should work.
2020-12-7
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
United States

szarzyk Posted at 12-7 07:51
Hmm, Please try again. The video should work.

Got it. Seems weird. Please post the logs, and try doing an IMU Calibration. Try changing the props also.
2020-12-7
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

Through The Lens Posted at 12-7 08:06
Got it. Seems weird. Please post the logs, and try doing an IMU Calibration. Try changing the props also.

Logs from Airdata UAV? It's already dark for a flight today   Tomorrow I will try to change the propellers and calibrate the IMU. I noticed that there is no problem at low altitude and low wind.
2020-12-7
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
United States

szarzyk Posted at 12-7 08:16
Logs from Airdata UAV? It's already dark for a flight today   Tomorrow I will try to change the propellers and calibrate the IMU. I noticed that there is no problem at low altitude and low wind.

Ok, then it is probably the wind. Need the logs (Airdata) to be sure though
2020-12-7
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

Through The Lens Posted at 12-7 08:32
Ok, then it is probably the wind. Need the logs (Airdata) to be sure though

I don't know if I did it right but these are logs from the day I flew.

https://app.airdata.com/share/vHArFp/GENERALOverview
2020-12-7
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

The Mavic Air 2 fan can be quite loud.  After a flight the fan typically runs at a higher RPM and this could be the strange vibration while hovering that you are talking about.  The fan algorithm was updated and improved in firmware v.0460 and it is much quieter at idle.  

An other thought is that the vibration could be do to a damaged or warped propellor.  Nothing stood out to me in your logs but possibly someone with better experience will chime in.
2020-12-7
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
United States

szarzyk Posted at 12-7 08:50
I don't know if I did it right but these are logs from the day I flew.

https://app.airdata.com/share/vHArFp/GENERALOverview

Could you just post the .txt file and not in AirData. Thanks!
2020-12-7
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

Through The Lens Posted at 12-7 10:13
Could you just post the .txt file and not in AirData. Thanks!

Here we go https://files.fm/u/uscde4xu6
This file is correct?
2020-12-7
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
United States

Hmmm. No, doesn’t look like it. The file should look like this: DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord
2020-12-7
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
United States

szarzyk Posted at 12-7 10:30
Here we go  https://files.fm/u/uscde4xu6
This file is correct?

Here is how to get it.

How to get it from an Apple Device

Android: For Android mobile devices, connect your mobile device to a computer via a USB cable and go to:

DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord for DJI GO 3
DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord for DJI GO 4
DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord for DJI Fly

Credit: Phantom Help
2020-12-7
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

Through The Lens Posted at 12-7 10:43
Hmmm. No, doesn’t look like it. The file should look like this: DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord

Ok, please https://files.fm/u/5bvfnutby
2020-12-7
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
United States

szarzyk Posted at 12-7 11:08
Ok, please https://files.fm/u/5bvfnutby

Looks as its a damaged propeller. Try that.
2020-12-7
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

Through The Lens Posted at 12-7 11:13

Thank you very much for your valuable advice. Tomorrow I will replace the propellers and let you know. Thank you !
2020-12-7
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

One more question. Do you mean any particular propeller (s)? They all look good;)
2020-12-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

For future reference to those not familiar with airdata, is is just 2 clicks away to download the original txt file that was uploaded.
2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there szarzyk. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said drone? In addition, as posted above kindly please calibrate the IMU and please change the propellers of your DJI Mavic Air 2 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Please keep us posted fir further assistance. Thank you.
2020-12-7
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-7 18:59
Hello there szarzyk. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said drone? In addition, as posted above kindly please calibrate the IMU and please change the propellers of your DJI Mavic Air 2 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Please keep us posted fir further assistance. Thank you.

Hi, is the problem really in the propellers? I made two short videos. One of them is recorded directly from the drone at home. I started video recording and knocked gently on the drone from above. You can see the characteristic vibrations that appeared in the flight video.

The second video is recorded with the phone. Shows the gimbal shaking. Could someone record something similar?

DJI STEPHEN the drone never made a hard landing. He also didn't have any collision.

I did IMU calibration but I haven't replaced the propeller yet and I haven't been flying. Sorry for my English. I am using the translator: P

best regards
2020-12-8
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
United States

szarzyk Posted at 12-8 00:50
Hi, is the problem really in the propellers? I made two short videos. One of them is recorded directly from the drone at home. I started video recording and knocked gently on the drone from above. You can see the characteristic vibrations that appeared in the flight video.

https://youtu.be/8iTL8GBh8CA

sigh, it looks (to me) you have the gimbal vibration problem from your original flight video and the 2nd and 3rd video on the ground. This is linked to the overload failure actually, and does not seem your drone is actually vibrating in flight. Just the gimbal and video feed.

you can confirm there is no vibration from drone flight by a very simple hover in front of you. If the props are unbalanced it will cause quite some shake.

But my guess is the gimbal stabilization has failed and is in need of repair / replacement. I would use all 3 videos in a warranty support request.
2020-12-8
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

Hi, Could you take a look at the videos I added?
2020-12-8
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

DJI STEPHEN Where will I be able to send the drone for warranty? Will DJI prepare a bill of lading?

In my opinion, the gimbal does not look damaged in any way. Every part looks like new. It is possible that something has broken / loose inside the aircraft. The drone only flew a few times. Is it possible that DJI MAVIC AIR 2 has this condition? Anyone check it out?
2020-12-8
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
United States

szarzyk Posted at 12-8 11:08
Hi, Could you take a look at the videos I added?

Sorry, could you post a vid of the drone hovering in front of you!
Thanks!
2020-12-8
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

Through The Lens Posted at 12-8 11:14
Sorry, could you post a vid of the drone hovering in front of you!
Thanks!

383 / 5000
Wyniki tłumaczenia
Hi, I recorded. All propellers have been replaced in the drone. Personally, I didn't notice any vibrations when I was recording.

In the next video in 31 and 40 seconds you can see characteristic vibrations. In my opinion, they appeared after rising to a higher altitude where there was stronger wind.I have not noticed the vibration when there is no strong wind. I want someone to record a similar film.

Please help
2020-12-9
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

Are you able to help me?
2020-12-9
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
Malaysia

Your drone is not vibrating enough for imbalanced propeller. Your gimbal is shaking instead. Refer my post above.
2020-12-9
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
United States

szarzyk Posted at 12-9 03:07
383 / 5000
Wyniki tłumaczenia
Hi, I recorded. All propellers have been replaced in the drone. Personally, I didn't notice any vibrations when I was recording.

So, not a propeller issue. I would send to dji.
2020-12-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same movements as you posted in the two videos taken in post#26  while not flying, so those are not unusual.
2020-12-9
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

I am more worried about the fact that the problem arises during the flight, and more precisely while hovering.  Could you make a similar movie?  Thanks
2020-12-9
Use props
snipe80
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917474 ft
  • >>>
Canada

szarzyk,

This vibration is not normal.  

I had the same gimbal vibration as in your videos.  My vibration was happening with roll left and roll right when gimbal pitch was between -20 and -25 degrees.  This vibration got worse with firmware 460.  My drone was never in a crash or hard landing.

I started a repair case with DJI and sent my drone to DJI.  The problem was gimbal control arm needed to be replaced.  DJI sent me a refurbished drone under warranty.  The refurbished drone is perfect, no more vibration.

2020-12-9
Use props
fans01d4f09b
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-9 07:05
I have the same movements as you posted in the two videos taken in post#26  while not flying, so those are not unusual.

I think you meant post #24, right GaryDoug?

Which would make the video shakes in the original post unusual.
2020-12-9
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

Okay, I sent the drone to a service in the Netherlands today. I have included a link to a forum thread in the description. I hope that the drone can be repaired and sent back before Christmas. The shipment is to be on the site tomorrow. Air shipment. Thank you for all your help!
2020-12-10
Use props
szarzyk
lvl.2

Poland

Hi, after returning the drone to the service, it turned out that the gimbal arm is defective. DJI behaved very professionally and quickly replaced the drone under warranty. I am very positively surprised. Thank you DJI!
2020-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules