mavic air 2 battery remote charge
866 8 2020-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tallsean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 338635 ft
United States

Is it possible to charge a Mavic air 2 battery using the controller charging cable with the power adapter and a Hyper Juice battery? I want to be able to charge my batteries remotely when on location away from my car.
2020-12-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there tallsean. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. Since this is a 3rd party accessory ( powerbank ) for the DJI Mavic Air 2. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Mavic Air 2 and are using this power supply. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories like powerbanks to charge your DJI Mavic Air 2' intelligent flight battery. There is a  possibility that these accessories will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use. In addition, using 3rd party accessories like power banks might cause damage or harm on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and can void the warranty as well. Thank you.
2020-12-10
Use props
tallsean
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-10 21:03
Hello there tallsean. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. Since this is a 3rd party accessory ( powerbank ) for the DJI Mavic Air 2. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Mavic Air 2 and are using this power supply. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories like powerbanks to charge your DJI Mavic Air 2' intelligent flight battery. There is a  possibility that these accessories will work, however, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use. In addition, using 3rd party accessories like power banks might cause damage or harm on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and can void the warranty as well. Thank you.

Does DJI have anything to remotely charge batteries on location?
2020-12-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

tallsean Posted at 12-11 10:44
Does DJI have anything to remotely charge batteries on location?

this item is included in the ma2 combo package:  https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... t-v2&position=0
2020-12-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think he wants to charge the drone batteries, not charge something else from those batteries.

OP: You should be able to use a car charging adapter with a power bank that has a cigar lighter socket. See my post (#4) here for examples: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=230716

2020-12-11
Use props
tallsean
lvl.1
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-11 12:38
this item is included in the ma2 combo package:  https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air-2-battery-to-power-bank-adapter?from=search-result-v2&position=0

If I use my phone to charge a battery remotely, then my phone will run out of power or need to be charged. Doesn't DJI have any remote charging options to charge batteries?
2020-12-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-11 15:40
I think he wants to charge the drone batteries, not charge something else from those batteries.

OP: You should be able to use a car charging adapter with a power bank that has a cigar lighter socket. See my post (#4) here for examples: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=230716

oh ok, i see....the opposite.  i purchased one of the standard vpa (vehicle power adapter) but found out i wasn't using it so i stopped buying those and decided it was better to buy enough batteries to last you.
im not ee or anything like that but why can't these AC chargers have usb cables that can be plugged in elsewhere?
2020-12-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-11 17:27
oh ok, i see....the opposite.  i purchased one of the standard vpa (vehicle power adapter) but found out i wasn't using it so i stopped buying those and decided it was better to buy enough batteries to last you.
im not ee or anything like that but why can't these AC chargers have usb cables that can be plugged in elsewhere?

USB only delivers 5vdc with a somewhat limited amount of current. They do some electronic tricks to boost the voltage high enough to charge the 7.x volt Mini-x batteries but the higher 11.6v voltage of the MA2 batteries is probably too high to do the "tricks" efficiently. It's technically possible but I guess they have a reason to not do it or maybe it would be just too slow given the constraints of USB power.
2020-12-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

tallsean Posted at 12-11 16:24
If I use my phone to charge a battery remotely, then my phone will run out of power or need to be charged. Doesn't DJI have any remote charging options to charge batteries?

I do not know of any except the car charger. Maybe you could use this one with an unlimited amount of power as long as YOU can crank it ;-)
https://www.amazon.com/Generator ... 784818422&psc=1
2020-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules