Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ivybec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 660335 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

??? Questions for DJI ???

I was considering buying a DJI Mini 2 but with new European regulations it will require proper CE category labels on the drones.
There is a "die out" period till 2023 and then "old" drones will be Class 3 A3 with more flying limitations.
I own a marvelous DJI Mavic Air and is now a Class 1 A1 (Europe)... till 2023?
DJI Mini 2 is now a Class 0 A1 drone... till 2023?

Will DJI provide a proper label and/or firmware upgrade to comply to European regulations?
For which drones: mini, mavic(s), air, air 2, mini 2, ...
2020-12-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

For a <250g you don't need a CE label.
They will be allowed to fly in A1. Even after the transition period.
That is at least how the Dutch version reads.

As of now there is no CE Cx drone available as the EU has not made the requirements yet.
So the only drone out there right now is actually a Mini 2 that is allowed to fly in A1 after 2023

This is exactly why I bought it!

Plus you don't need a licence to fly it.
Just a registration.
2020-12-11
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

You are not able to retrospectively certify and existing product, possibly we will see it on the next version.
2020-12-11
Use props
Ivybec
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Dear Ivybec,

Thank you for contacting DJI.

The EASA (European Union Aviation Safety Agency) has not yet finalized the publication of certain standards regarding these regulations.

We are confident that many existing DJI products will be able to obtain CE marking and as such continue to be used also after the transition years. For those products that will not be able to obtain the new CE marking, the transition period provides a gradual phase out – and they will even still be allowed to be used in category C4 after 2022.

As this matter is ongoing, please understand that once the standards have been finalized we will have a better understanding for the usage of your products in the future.

Thanks for choosing DJI and have a nice day!
Thank you for choosing DJI products.

Best regards,

Christian
DJI Technical Support
2020-12-11
Use props
Ivybec
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

This means that I will keep my wonderfull flying bird = DJI Mavic Air.
When new technology drones become available with proper CE label in 2023...
.. a DJI mini 3
2020-12-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ivybec Posted at 12-12 01:50
This means that I will keep my wonderfull flying bird = DJI Mavic Air.
When new technology drones become available with proper CE label in 2023...
.. a DJI mini 3

Note that the mini (2) are  <250g and won't require a CE C0 label because it is <  250g.
There is an exception made in the EASA rules for these smaller drones.
So you can fly them after 2023
2020-12-12
Use props
Ivybec
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Right now, up until the new European guidelines are in place, I am flying not legal.
I am only allowed to fly 10 m high on private property (I live in an apartment at the Belgian coast).
I have my drone registered with the Belgian authorities. (RPAS number).
I never had any problems or remarks flying over the beach, dunes, fields, ...never bottering people, following strikt UAV, DJI, Droneguide (Belgian official) maps...
The DJI mavic mini or DJI mini 2 is a solution...
With the new European guidelines, I can do an on-line test and then fly as a registered drone pilot in A1 space.
So, no urgency for me now to replace my beautiful, powerful, reliable,... DJI Mavic Air.
I will wait till the bird gets old (end of 2022) and then new technology drones with proper CE label appear
2020-12-12
Use props
Viam2003
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119121 ft
Belgium

Bonjour
Je viens de voir une vidéo pas très réconfortante concernant le mini/mini 2.
En effet , il parait que le drone dépasse les 250 grammes car il faut tenir en compte les protèges hélices .
Je sais c'est ridicule mais j'espère que cette décision sera changé , vu que la majorité on volent sans protège hélices en extérieur .
Voici le lien de la vidéo ( italie ) .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJR26krc1p4
2021-11-28
Use props
djiuser_3a64mqLNPCr1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16142 ft
Switzerland

I just bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro and was very surprised that the drone has no label at all to be used in Europe after Jan 2023. My question is only this one, should I even register/activate the drone and you will send a label so I can stick it to the aircraft or should I return the product immediately as it has no label and Ill be very restricted after Jan 2023?
2022-11-23
Use props
djiuser_2QvQBOw3qqeK
New
Flight distance : 603980 ft

Finland

Will Air 2 get CE marking?  And will it be C1?
2022-12-12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_2QvQBOw3qqeK Posted at 12-12 10:02
Will Air 2 get CE marking?  And will it be C1?

you confuse CE marking and C labelCertification EU-Mavic AIR 2? | DJI FORUM

2022-12-12
Use props
disassoc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155801 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Just found this post in research for the Cx classifications and wanted to say what LV_Forestry said; The CE label has nothing to do with the drone classifications.

On commercial products, the letters CE (as the logo CЄ) mean that the manufacturer or importer affirms the good's conformity with European health, safety, and environmental protection standards.  It is not a quality indicator or a certification mark. The CE marking is required for goods sold in the European Economic Area (EEA), but is also found on products sold elsewhere that have been manufactured to EEA standards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking
2022-12-21
Use props
PetPa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7621 ft
Austria

disassoc Posted at 12-21 05:28
Just found this post in research for the Cx classifications and wanted to say what LV_Forestry said; The CE label has nothing to do with the drone classifications.

On commercial products, the letters CE (as the logo CЄ) mean that the manufacturer or importer affirms the good's conformity with European health, safety, and environmental protection standards.  It is not a quality indicator or a certification mark. The CE marking is required for goods sold in the European Economic Area (EEA), but is also found on products sold elsewhere that have been manufactured to EEA standards.

Does anybody know, what they mean with "sound power level" ?
See:
"Article 16 - Rules and conditions for affixing the CE marking, the
identification number of the notified body, the UAS class
identification label and the indication of the sound power level"
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/downloads/110913/en

Does that mean, we need CE marking+UAS class identification + sound power level ?

See also

" PART 13 — Noise test code "
"sound power levels of UA classes 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6"

As some already said: you cannot change the CE marking afterwards.
"The CE marking and, when applicable, the indication of the sound power level and the UA class
identification label shall be affixed before the product is placed on the market"

How will DJI handle this?
Edit: sound power level seems to be not necessary for C0 .
2022-12-25
Use props
PetPa
lvl.1
Austria

Montfrooij Posted at 2020-12-12 04:28
Note that the mini (2) are  <250g and won't require a CE C0 label because it is <  250g.
There is an exception made in the EASA rules for these smaller drones.
So you can fly them after 2023

Sorry but I did not find the exception you mention
" PART 1 — Requirements for a class C0 Unmanned aircraft system

A class C0 UAS bears the following class identification label on the UA"
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/downloads/110913/en

Edit: just read this one:
"After  1 January 2024, if you have purchased a drone before that date without a  class identification label, you will still be able to fly it in  subcategory A1 if it weighs up to 250g or in subcategory A3 if it weighs  is up to 25kg."
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones/drones-regulatory-framework-background/open-category-civil-drones

So it is not the weight only, but weight and purchase date.

2022-12-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PetPa Posted at 12-25 14:08
Sorry but I did not find the exception you mention
" PART 1 — Requirements for a class C0 Unmanned aircraft system

Well, this is a 2 year old post. Things have changed quite a bit since I wrote that post.
(in good EU fashion).
But in general my comment still stands.
<250g drones can still fly after the transitional period in their subcategory.
So the weight is the important bit.
If it would have been more heavy, it would fall back to A3.
2022-12-26
Use props
PetMa
lvl.1
Austria

Montfrooij Posted at 2022-12-26 00:46
Well, this is a 2 year old post. Things have changed quite a bit since I wrote that post.
(in good EU fashion).
But in general my comment still stands.

I was searching for this topic since my Mini 2 is new. Therefore sorry for taking an old thread.

I am not a lawyer but I wonder why the CE marking has to be connected to the C-marking?
Imho this could be done independently: issue the CE mark as usual when delivering a drone to the market and if there are drones without it, deliver a C-statement and a noise level statement afterwards.

I do not see the legal need for coupling CE marking and C/noise level statement.
If this would be seen the same way in the EU and worldwide, the whole issue would be much easier.
Then the C0-C4 marking could be added on the drone by the user.

But as I said: I am not a lawyer.

2023-1-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PetMa Posted at 1-3 05:37
I was searching for this topic since my Mini 2 is new. Therefore sorry for taking an old thread.

I am not a lawyer but I wonder why the CE marking has to be connected to the C-marking?

No idea, and, TBH, I don't really care that much, since I can't change it.
I just have to follow what they come up with
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_4cFmxpn719U0
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_3a64mqLNPCr1 Posted at 2022-11-23 01:26
I just bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro and was very surprised that the drone has no label at all to be used in Europe after Jan 2023. My question is only this one, should I even register/activate the drone and you will send a label so I can stick it to the aircraft or should I return the product immediately as it has no label and Ill be very restricted after Jan 2023?

For CE-marked UAVs that do not meet Delegate conditions
regulation (EU) 2019/945 and which are not privately assembled are allowed to be operated
subject to the following conditions when placed on the market before 1 January 2023.
(a) in subcategory A1, provided that the aircraft has a maximum take-off mass of less than
250 g including its payload;
b) in subcategory A3, provided that the aircraft has a maximum take-off mass that is less
of 25 kg including its fuel and payload.
BLS that do not meet the requirements of Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/945, i.e.
no CE and class marking, can be operated in unlimited category up to
01.01.2023 under the following conditions:
a) UAVs with a take-off mass of less than 500 g are operated in subcategory A1;
b) UAVs with a take-off mass of less than 2 kg are operated in subcategory A2 at 50m
distance from people;
c) UAVs with a take-off mass of less than 25 kg are operated in subcategory A3.
2023-1-22
Use props
FTrindade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 395456 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

There is still nothing that assures that mini2 will have a C0 retro or legacy certification.

And contrary to some opinions here, EASA states that:
"As we described, you cannot normally fly a drone over people. An exception to this is if you fly with a privately built drone with a weight below 250 grams or a drone purchased on the market with a class identification label 0 or 1 mark (compulsory from 01 January 2024), that can fly in subcategory A1. However, you need to keep any flight over people to a minimum."

So, NO FLYING IN A1, for minis without the c0, (edited) unless bought before 2024-01-01.

DO NOT FORGET that TOM is NOT MTOM.

Mini2 has a TOM of 249g but its MTOM is way higher (it can carry a inta360 x2, for example, so the Maximum take off mass is way higher).
Either DJI updates the specs or the EASA regulation changes from MTOM to TOM.

2023-3-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

FTrindade Posted at 3-31 19:43
There is still nothing that assures that mini2 will have a C0 retro or legacy certification.

Can we have the source of the EASA quote?  

Can we know where to find the maximum mass of DJI drones?  

What is the definition of MTOM in the reference texts?
2023-3-31
Use props
Qaletaqa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4255 ft
Belgium

FTrindade Posted at 3-31 19:43

It really depends on where you live, I live in Belgium and here if the UAS was placed on the market before 1 January 2024 you can fly it in A1 categorie when it's less than 250gr.

If for example you use the prop guards, then you'll be flying in A2 or A3 category as it will exceed the 250gr limit for A1.

Source: https://mobilit.belgium.be/nl/luchtvaart/vliegen-met/drones-uas/stappenplan/transitie

Also on the EASA website it's similar:
Privately built and drones purchased before 01/01/2024 under 250gr will be able to fly in A1-A3 (A2 isn't mentioned here).
Privately built and drones purchased before 01/01/2024 under 25kg will be able to fly in A3.

Source: https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones/drones-regulatory-framework-background/open-category-civil-drones
2023-4-22
Use props
FTrindade
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Qaletaqa Posted at 4-22 09:04
It really depends on where you live, I live in Belgium and here if the UAS was placed on the market before 1 January 2024 you can fly it in A1 categorie when it's less than 250gr.

If for example you use the prop guards, then you'll be flying in A2 or A3 category as it will exceed the 250gr limit for A1.

I'm referring to use of non-C certificted aircrafts  according to EASA AFTER  2024-01-01
At Portugal is the same. Until then, no problems.

2023-5-6
Use props
FTrindade
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-31 20:08
Can we have the source of the EASA quote?  

Can we know where to find the maximum mass of DJI drones?  

Sure:
A simple google search with that sentence inside quotes would  give you the source but hey, don't spoil your fingers...
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/li ... drones-close-people

MTOM = Maximum Take Off Mass
TOM = Take Off Mass
These are,logically, different
What we should be regulated for would be the TOM, which represents the total mass that the drone actually lifts at the moment of take off and not the maximum it CAN lift which is,  of course WAAAY more (relatively)
2023-5-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

FTrindade Posted at 5-6 04:46
Sure:
A simple google search with that sentence inside quotes would  give you the source but hey, don't spoil your fingers...
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/light/topics/flying-drones-close-people

You're being clever but you don't understand anything.  Don't spoil your brain, I'll explain.  For drones below 250g put on the market before 01/01/2024, no C label is required to fly A1.
2023-5-6
Use props
FTrindade
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-6 05:44
You're being clever but you don't understand anything.  Don't spoil your brain, I'll explain.  For drones below 250g put on the market before 01/01/2024, no C label is required to fly A1.

Where did I say it was?

It WILL be, not now.
I don't understand your flaming, really.
2023-5-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

FTrindade Posted at 5-6 07:20
Where did I say it was?

It WILL be, not now.

1.JPG
2.JPG

I don't understand your flaming, really.
2023-5-6
Use props
FTrindade
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

Still, you didn't showed me where I do say that you will need a C label .

I was talking about TOM and MTOM... Also I was replying to other person in that first section,not to you.
No, the world does not spin around you, really

You just showed me why you're flaming...

Damn, you're being clever
2023-5-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

FTrindade Posted at 5-6 07:33

I was talking about TOM and MTOM... Also I was replying to other person in that first section,not to you.

1.JPG

WROOOOOOOOOOOONG
2023-5-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

FTrindade Posted at 5-6 07:33

More seriously, update your information before spreading bad information.
edit : Thanks !
2023-5-6
Use props
FTrindade
lvl.2
  • >>>
Portugal

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-6 07:39
More seriously, update your information before spreading bad information.
edit : Thanks !

Ok, you're righ
My bad.
2023-5-6
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

FTrindade Posted at 5-6 07:57
Ok, you're righ
My bad.

No problem.
I think we have to come together to disseminate accurate information. Because you have seen even on the EASA site the confusion is possible.
Add to that, there may be variations between EU member countries since everyone is free to toughen the law in their territory.
2023-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules