1082 9 2015-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Has anyone here run both apps with the inspire?

Currently I'm using a galaxy note 3 and the live view during flying is choppy, like I'm getting half the fps.  Recorded video and playback is smooth.  

I'm thinking of getting a tablet but wondering if the extra money for an ipad is worth it over an android tablet.  Also an recommendations on a tablet that is bright, low on glare and has smooth liveview?

Thanks.

2015-6-30
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

I was using a Samsung Tab A.  It was "ok", but lacked some functionality that I wanted.  Over exposier warning didn't work on the TabA.  Voice didn't work.  And it was slow.

Bought a 64 gb iPad Air 2 and couldn't be happier.  This is from someone who absolutely hates Apple products.   And I really like the lightning wire.  You don't have to figure out which way to plug it in.   Either side works
2015-6-30
Use props
Danielle de Leo
lvl.1

United States

The Android Apps have a history of unexpectedly stopping, which is what makes iOS system more superior.

I learned about this when I did some research comparing the Galaxy S6 and iPhone 6. Ultimately the S6 has a better camera, but the app store continuously crashes randomly. This was noticed by those reviewing the differences in the phones.

After learning this, I decided it is much more worth while to use a iOS system, or you will undoubtedly experience the app crashing mid-flight.

It seems like Apple wasn't prepared for outdoor use of their tablet, because the glare from the glass is terrible! Perhaps there is something you can put on the tablet to diminish the glare, but I have not researched that option yet. You will undoubtedly need some type of hood.
2015-6-30
Use props
ka010
lvl.2

Germany

I agree, if it's within your budget go for an iPad Air 2, 64gb if possible, you won't regret it.
2015-6-30
Use props
stazrich
New

United States

I use the I pad air 2 64GB. My friend uses the Samsung 4. They both work fine and both look good.
Your video issue tends to be with the updates: less channels to choose from etc. The last update seemed to work a little better but I still get choppy, blocky and blue or black colors from time to time. Turning everything off and back on usually helps with the live view.
If it is 95 plus outside, my I pad air 2 overheats and shuts down even if I am undercover from the sun. So far the Samsung has not done the same. Three months ago when I received my Inspire, Ios was the only platform that supported the flight simulator. That is why I initially purchased the I pad. I do like flying with the bigger screen and so far I am happy with the Air 2.  Both pads are good for flying with the Inspire. It just comes down to personal preference and money. What matters most is what gets recorded from the camera. Thank goodness the end product does not look like live view.

Rich
2015-6-30
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

If you are using the Inspire to shoot stills or video, in my opinion the ONLY choice is IOS.

This is simply because the Android app still doesn't have the Overexposure Warning, which in my opinion is the most important feature in getting proper exposure quickly.

So if shooting is important, go IOS.    As soon as they implement the Overexposure Warning on Android, then you can decide for other reasons.
2015-6-30
Use props
SkyDen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31152 ft
United States

I have the iPad 2 as well, save your money and dont buy the 3 as the only feature worth mentioning is the fingerprint scanner, everything else is the same.  It works great and this is coming from someone who had the Samsung.
2015-7-1
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  I bought a ipad mini 2 and I will give it a test flight today.
2015-7-1
Use props
dshanesmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 920577 ft
United States

Burlingtonfilms Posted at 2015-7-1 22:35
Thanks everyone for the feedback.  I bought a ipad mini 2 and I will give it a test flight today.

I decided to go with the iPad Mini 2 64 GB with LTE. Got in on Amazon for $375.00. Couldn't be happier with it. Not too big not too small. Has the same processor as the Mini 3, just not fingerprint reader.
2015-7-1
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

dshanesmith Posted at 2015-7-2 00:06
I decided to go with the iPad Mini 2 64 GB with LTE. Got in on Amazon for $375.00. Couldn't be hap ...

Good deal!

I took the ipad mini 2 out today and the glare was too much for me.  I'm going to try the ipad air 2, I was reading the screen is much easier to see outdoors compared to the other ipads.
2015-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules