Mavic Mini VS. Tree
382 15 2020-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkusLNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4584121 ft
Austria

The collision looked worse in reality than in the 3x axis stabilized footage. I had to compensate hard. The Mini is VERY responsive, awesome little machine!
2020-12-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely snow scenes and a lucky avoidance of disaster
2020-12-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful snow scenery.  Glad you had quick reflexes and that the Mini responded promptly, otherwise most probably not a good ending for this flight.  
2020-12-13
Use props
MarkusLNZ
lvl.4
Austria

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-13 07:57
Beautiful snow scenery.  Glad you had quick reflexes and that the Mini responded promptly, otherwise most probably not a good ending for this flight.

Otherwise this flight would have ended with a new Mini 2 ;-)
2020-12-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, I really would love to see that kind of snow here in NL!
All good over there?
2020-12-13
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Amazing video! maybe you were looking for the Mini 2, but the Mavic Mini didn't want it.  

thanks for sharing!
2020-12-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Very nice video and very close, lucky no damages
2020-12-13
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You stayed cool, that's the key! Nice snow scenes.
2020-12-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice.
2020-12-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Those trees look amazing.
2020-12-14
Use props
MarkusLNZ
lvl.4
Austria

Montfrooij Posted at 12-13 08:56
Wow, I really would love to see that kind of snow here in NL!
All good over there?

We are good over here. Lockdowns in country after country but no breakdown of public infrastructure or hospitals. I work in medical and the 2nd wave hit us hard but hardly any casulties even among the high risk groups. With some of the younger people the virus produced weird effects but it seems it had little impact so far. It is not exactly the plague...  
2020-12-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MarkusLNZ Posted at 12-14 02:10
We are good over here. Lockdowns in country after country but no breakdown of public infrastructure or hospitals. I work in medical and the 2nd wave hit us hard but hardly any casulties even among the high risk groups. With some of the younger people the virus produced weird effects but it seems it had little impact so far. It is not exactly the plague...

Good to hear.
Yeah, this is a tough nut to crack!
I don't know what the best approach is (I think nobody knows)
It will always be a tradeoff between economy, health and personal freedom.
Hope there will be some kind of medicine that will prevent us from having to go the full vaccin path (I'm not against vaccination, but in this case it is hard to tell if the vaccin will help for those who need it the most)
2020-12-14
Use props
TheCliffhanger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 269295 ft
Greece

Very nice! I wanted more of it...
2020-12-14
Use props
MarkusLNZ
lvl.4
Austria

TheCliffhanger Posted at 12-14 04:39
Very nice! I wanted more of it...

As soon as time and weather permit I will fly in a winter wonderland like you have not seen it before!
2020-12-14
Use props
MarkusLNZ
lvl.4
Austria

Montfrooij Posted at 12-14 02:50
Good to hear.
Yeah, this is a tough nut to crack!
I don't know what the best approach is (I think nobody knows)

People are not to eager to take the vaccine and that includes my colleagues in the medical. They view their personal risk from the virus as not significant enough to go for a vaccine which comes with its own risk as well. I would not mind a vaccine after I know which one and how it works as well as the estimated risk structure but even with that opinion I am more in the minority I guess.

People who say "listen to the science" are wrong; neither is the science clear nor is this a scientific question alone. If you damage the economy and personal freedom too much you could kill more people than the virus. The same fools that discounted initial concerns about the virus as "conspiracy" are now treating people not going full "panic mode" about the virus as heretics. The virus reveals much about the media and society. Initially we did not know how bad it would be and we had extreme mortality rates floating around so very strong reactions were reasonable. But we are beyond that point now. They know how to treat infected as well.

In my facility of about 150 clients of old age we had about 4 dying *with* the virus and maybe two of those were really taken down by covid. At worst about 25% of the clients were infected and about 15% of the staff. Over the year we will have much less people dying from any sort of infection as in our fight against COVID-19 we held all other infections at bay: No annual flu waves and other stuff this year. So we did learn a lot about hygiene and the sources of infection (mostly reckless relatives and sometime employees). So COVID-19 is to a large extent what you make of it. Compared to the pandemic disasters of the past it is nothing worth of note unless it mutates and turns around to really bite us. That being said I'm not sure why some regions were hit so hard and I would hesitate to blame people or local gouvernments for it unless they really did someting foolish.
2020-12-14
Use props
TheCliffhanger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 269295 ft
Greece

MarkusLNZ Posted at 12-14 06:13
As soon as time and weather permit I will fly in a winter wonderland like you have not seen it before!

Can't wait! I love the winter scenery
2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules