262 3 2020-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Svv7wtKn6U9c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61155 ft
United States

Little help here please...
I haven't flown my mini in over a month. I don't know what happened but today I noticed that whe initiating the DJi app. and turning on devices, the DJi app would not connect.
Kittyhawk which was previously installed is now opening and actually connecting to the drone.
When I try to have the DJi app connect to the drone it tells me that "failed to connect to the controller"
I really don't like the Kittyhawk's fly app and would like to use DJi's.
When the drone is turned on and srlf checks, it flashes yellow rapidly. When turn on the controller, the Kittyhawk app opens and connects automatically. The drone starts flashing red & yellow.

Thx.
Max

2020-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Max. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? Please check if the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini is update? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Svv7wtKn6U9c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-13 20:45
Hello there Max. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? Please check if the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini is update? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,
Im currently using a Samsung Note 10+.
Is there a way for me to find out the version without using the app?
I'm unable to find out what firmware or if the drone has the latest update since the app needs to connect to it.
The app's version is 1.2.1.

Thx..

2020-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Svv7wtKn6U9c
lvl.1
United States

Ok....

I've gotten it to work..
I tried multiple times to sync the units through the DJi app but it wasn't working.
I opened the Kittyhawk app and on the fly menu I started to look for possible options that may be causing this conflict.
I noticed that there was a notice that there was a magnetic interference and the compass needed calibration so I did that through the Kittyhawk app. Once I did that I tried the sync process again on the DJi app and it finally worked. The DJi app finally connects to the controller.
I recalibrated the compass & IMU through the DJi app for a test flight but I noticed that there was no GPS signal detected. I decided to manually take off, keeping it at a low hover and then all of the sudden, the GPS signal kick in and RTH noticed was confirmed.
I managed to conduct a couple of test flights and everything seems to be back to normal. I still don't know what happened but I'm happy it's working now.
Thank you Stephen for chiming in
2020-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules