Strange Gimbal behavior on Mini 2
621 13 2020-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
webopus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1486768 ft
United States

When flying sideways, especially in Sports Mode, the gimbal tilts as though I've chosen FPV gimbal mode, instead of Follow Mode. It will not stay fixed to the horizon. There are also some erratic gimbal "skips" during normal flying. Resetting the Gimbal Calibration and the IMU does not resolve the issue. This issue does not occur with my original Mavic Mini. I've seen a number of Youtube videos describing the same glitch. Could there be a firmware fix for this in the future? Thanks.
2020-12-14
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

It might be physical limits, as the new Mini 2 has higher speed so more tilt at high speed. The gimbal can only make up so much for angle. If you fly normal or cinema mode does it still happen?
2020-12-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think it may be, I haven’t really seen this behavior, but I also haven’t flown my mini much lately. But it is light and may be more susceptible to the wind. There was a similar problem with Air2 and a FW update sorted this.
2020-12-14
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Sport mode ... you will see props in your view, as well as camera skips as it tries to correct the angle, and cannot.
Best thing to do is, go into cinematic mode, shoot footage, stop shooting, flip to sport mode, zoom to the next spot, flip back to cinematic and shoot more.
2020-12-14
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I'd say it's the normal behavior, there are some videos on Youtube that explains the issue in detail.
2020-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, webopus. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. Regarding your concern, could you confirm whether this phenomenon only occurs during Sports Mode only? We would like to have a look more at your concern thus, we suggest that you upload a sample video wherein it starts occurring including your settings and firmware version. Thank you and we'll be waiting for your reply.
2020-12-14
Use props
webopus
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 23:54
Hi, webopus. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. Regarding your concern, could you confirm whether this phenomenon only occurs during Sports Mode only? We would like to have a look more at your concern thus, we suggest that you upload a sample video wherein it starts occurring including your settings and firmware version. Thank you and we'll be waiting for your reply.

It's been too windy to fly lately. I'll look through my footage to see if i have an example to upload.
2020-12-15
Use props
webopus
lvl.1
United States

videoeditman Posted at 12-14 08:53
It might be physical limits, as the new Mini 2 has higher speed so more tilt at high speed. The gimbal can only make up so much for angle. If you fly normal or cinema mode does it still happen?

I'll experiment in other modes this week. It's been too windy to fly. I suspect it's isolated to sport mode. Thanks for the reply.
2020-12-15
Use props
webopus
lvl.1
United States

Hi, webopus. Thanks for reaching out and sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. Regarding your concern, could you confirm whether this phenomenon only occurs during Sports Mode only? We would like to have a look more at your concern thus, we suggest that you upload a sample video wherein it starts occurring including your settings and firmware version. Thank you and we'll be waiting for your reply.

Hi again, I tried to upload a short video clip but was alerted that JPGs only are allowed. So I uploaded it to my youtube channel. This is a pretty good example of what occurred. Mini 2 Gimbal Glitch
2020-12-15
Use props
webopus
lvl.1
United States

webopus Posted at 12-15 06:40
Hi again, I tried to upload a short video clip but was alerted that JPGs only are allowed. So I uploaded it to my youtube channel. This is a pretty good example of what occurred. Mini 2 Gimbal Glitch

Hmmm .. No hyperlink was displayed in my last post. Let's try again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJyOw9Ef7Fw&feature=youtu.be
2020-12-15
Use props
webopus
lvl.1
United States

Hmmm .. No hyperlink was displayed in my last post. Let's try again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJyOw9Ef7Fw&feature=youtu.be
2020-12-15
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Billy explains it well
2020-12-15
Use props
webopus
lvl.1
United States

Through The Lens Posted at 12-15 07:05
https://youtu.be/YAMa_lfThQg
Billy explains it well

Hi Through the Lens,

Yes, I saw this video and it does pretty well explain the issue. Thanks for the reply.
2020-12-15
Use props
Through The Lens
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

webopus Posted at 12-15 08:30
Hi Through the Lens,

Yes, I saw this video and it does pretty well explain the issue. Thanks for the reply.

My pleasure, anytime.
2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules