MA2 sdk castrated
864 6 2020-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

If anyone hoped that waypoints could be used with the SDK, there are nasty surprises. As with the Mini1, the firmware does not allow its implementation, forcing developers to use virtual sticks.
Yet another shame.
2020-12-14
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The SDK packages simply offer what is already available. If it was already implemented by DJI they would be present in the SDK.
2020-12-14
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Thats too bad or maybe not. Maybe the next DJI FLY and next firmware update will have waypoints.
2020-12-14
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

It's shameful because for the mini 1 the excuse was the unsuitable hardware, for the MA2 there is no justification.
Does it mean that you need to spend more than 1000 euros to have similar functions?
I hope that competition will sweep this trade policy away
2020-12-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Renato61 Posted at 12-15 00:12
It's shameful because for the mini 1 the excuse was the unsuitable hardware, for the MA2 there is no justification.
Does it mean that you need to spend more than 1000 euros to have similar functions?
I hope that competition will sweep this trade policy away

It's amusing the way Mini owners know so much about what DJI drones hardware is capable of

I hope that competition will sweep this trade policy away.
The trade policy of giving you wonderful new drones that do most of what you used to have to pay much more for in a bigger package?
That's so shameful.
Competition?
There is none and none likely to show up in the near future.
2020-12-15
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

To my knowledge there was never any DJI based information or specs for the Original Mini that indicated WayPoints would be included in any manner.  Shameful seems a bit of an exaggeration, disappointing maybe.  

The Mavic Air 2 specs said WayPoints would be added in future updates which is entirely different as DJI sold the product with the assurance it would be a supported feature.  I also hope a robust WayPoints will be added in the future to the Mavic Air 2.  SDKs are firmware specific and features can be added to the firmware at a later time along with an updated SDK.

I doubt DJI is doing this to handicap third-party app developers.

2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules