Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZGON
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199551 ft
United States

Good Afternoon

I've had this happen a couple times:
Fly to around 390ish foot alititude, I get a max altitude alert.  I would go to lower the Quad and my controls are super laggy, it'll drop maybe 1 ft at a time or so and controls moving horizontally are severly laggy.

Does anyone have experience like this?  Or maybe this is how it should operate if I am encroaching on max altitude- limit my speed and provide more of a controlled descent?

I notice that the lag remains during the flight.  I generally can fly normal once I land and take off.

Sort of peculiar.
2020-12-16
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I haven't seen this, but only went near max altitude once accidently!
2020-12-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does anyone have experience like this?  Or maybe this is how it should operate if I am encroaching on max altitude- limit my speed and provide more of a controlled descent?

What you describe is not normal.
Post your flight data which will help to work out what's happening.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary.

Or just post the .txt file
2020-12-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ZGON. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mini2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2020-12-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-16 21:22
Hello there ZGON. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mini2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

What a bizarre suggestion.
How is it even remotely related to the OP's issue?
2020-12-16
Use props
ZGON
lvl.2
United States

Thanks guys.  I generally stay well under max flight altitude, this time my eagerness to get to a monument got me!

Below is an example of this happening when I was no where near max flight altitude, it's quite possible it's interference.  However I've flown here hundreds of times in my Mini2 and Phantom3 with no other issue.  I was worried it might be the IMU error that have experienced.  But i don't think it's it.

Main issue occurred when I was flying west towards the bay.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/2XS9ZR0VX9MZYGLLJ69D/

Last experience in Homewood-
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/3DVS074EYPPIZWO4KMCW

2020-12-17
Use props
ZGON
lvl.2
United States

Looks like there's  a GPS Position NoMatch error around 1:46 mark.  Which jives w the lag!
2020-12-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ZGON Posted at 12-17 06:41
Thanks guys.  I generally stay well under max flight altitude, this time my eagerness to get to a monument got me!

Below is an example of this happening when I was no where near max flight altitude, it's quite possible it's interference.  However I've flown here hundreds of times in my Mini2 and Phantom3 with no other issue.  I was worried it might be the IMU error that have experienced.  But i don't think it's it.

There's nothing unusual in your data.
It just shows is that wind affects your drone.
If you fly directly into the wind, it will affect your drone's max speed the most.
And wind speed up higher is greater.

Imagine swimming against a current.
You can swim at 4 mph, but if you swim against a current of 3mph, your speed over the ground is reduced to 1 mph.
It's the same for your drone except the air current is faster up higher.
2020-12-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see anything problematic. Seems to be reacting to your controls as expected. Everything looks sluggish 1000 feet away.
2020-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules