iPad Pro (2nd Gen)
1232 5 2020-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j.toner
lvl.1

United States

I am having an issue with my iPad Pro not working with DJI piloting apps.  I searched the Forum and found threads that were 2-3 years old.  I am hoping someone has new information to pass on.

I have tried different aircraft with their DJI app as well as DroneSense, all with the same result.  The controller will connect to the aircraft and allow you to control it, but it will not connect through the app where you get telemetry and video stream.  

Firmware has been updated on everything.

Hope someone has a solution.

Thank you,
Jim Toner
Houston, TX
2020-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im sure you have,  but have you tried a new cable?
2020-12-18
Use props
JRToner
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-18 01:44
Im sure you have,  but have you tried a new cable?

The iPad Pro doesn't use the lightning cable, it uses the new USB-C cable.  I have tried a different USB-C as well as an adapter on the end of a lightning cable just in case.
2020-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JRToner Posted at 12-21 13:10
The iPad Pro doesn't use the lightning cable, it uses the new USB-C cable.  I have tried a different USB-C as well as an adapter on the end of a lightning cable just in case.

AT least you checked,  my iPad Pro stopped working with one cable and worked again when I changed the cable,  the odd thing was the original cable worked fine with other USB-C devices.
2020-12-22
Use props
JRToner
lvl.1

United States

I ordered a new high speed USB 3.0 USB to USB-C cable and it worked.  Apparently the original went bad and the ones I tried were not transferring data fast enough......  Thanks for all the input.
2020-12-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jim Toner. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the DJI Drone that you have please for us to check if the said iPad is compatible with the said DJI drone and with the DJI application as well. Thank you.
2020-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules