6598 19 2020-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CR3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just bought the new mini 2 and when using with brand new iPhone 12 pro within minutes of starting screen goes dim almost unusable it’s ridiculous.

I know crystal sky doesn’t work but anyone have a cheap phone suggestion with bright screen and won’t turn to the dim setting all the time?
2020-12-19
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

For amoled screens, the brightness is always higher, pay attention to devices with it.
And try disabling the automatic brightness adjustment on your smartphone.
2020-12-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, CR3. Thanks for reaching out! Regarding your concern, we suggest checking whether Auto-Brightness is enabled within your iOS device. You can try to disable it and manually adjust the brightness. Hope this information helps.
2020-12-20
Use props
CR3
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Unfortunately, this doesn't do anything re the app it is not controlled by this function so turning off or on doesn't affect the app dimming the screen.  This is a function within the app and unless I'm missing something there is no way for a consumer to adjust this.  Do you have any more info as I cant find a solution on the web its a common problem with this app?
2020-12-21
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

For an iPhone 12 Pro GSMArena.com is showing 1200nits for max brightness. This is twice as bright as most phones. If the iOS version of the Fly app has the same options as the Android (I only have the Android version) the brightness cannot be controlled within the Fly app. Brighness is normally set from the OS, in this case the iOS settings. You may want to try the recommendations in this video to see if you can increase brightness. You can also try the suggestions for the search results from "ios screen dims when running app".

2020-12-22
Use props
djiuser_5i8Ad63tgwor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4222034 ft
United States

This has nothing to do with auto screen brightness. After several minutes of being plugged into the remote, the screen dims by almost half. When you go into settings, the brightness is still turned all the way up. It’s either the app causing this, or a safety of some sort built into the iPhone. This was not happening to my phone until DJI took away our option to choose if we want the phone charging option on or off. My guess is the phone is getting warm from charging at the same time it’s being used, and going into some type of safety mode. DJI, give us the option to turn off charging!
2021-6-22
Use props
CR3
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I ended up getting a dedicated Samsung S10+ and haven't had any issue with screen dimming since must be an iPhone thing, still trying to update the smart controller which apparently now works as well.
2021-6-22
Use props
djiuser_5i8Ad63tgwor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4222034 ft
United States

DJI, are you listening yet?? This issue is all over the internet and YouTube. It is an obvious issue with auto charging and heating up the phone. Stop acting like Apple, and pretending nothing is going on! Give us back the option to shut off auto charging!
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_iqffirdF9bGr
New
Flight distance : 58780 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_5i8Ad63tgwor Posted at 7-6 10:58
DJI, are you listening yet?? This issue is all over the internet and YouTube. It is an obvious issue with auto charging and heating up the phone. Stop acting like Apple, and pretending nothing is going on! Give us back the option to shut off auto charging!

The phone charging option has been brought back recently, unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to help for me. After I fly for about 15 minutes the screen still gets dimmed. Even without a phone case. I think that the dji fly app uses too much cpu. That, combined with the sun on the screen just overheats the phone. Hope that DJI can fix this is an update. There has to be a way to make the app less cpu intensive right?
2021-7-21
Use props
vz10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1683727 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have exactly the same issue. I’ve been using my iPhone with the app for about a year already and it wasn’t an issue before. So it looks like one of the latest updates brought it in.
2021-7-24
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

Try changing the iPhone's brightness from settiings or control center. Also, you can reboot your iPhone. If the issue occurs when you use a specific app, try closing the app for a while. If the iPhone is still not responsive, you can try an iPhone system recovery tool to fix more serious issues.
2021-8-2
Use props
SFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10322858 ft
  • >>>
United States

I  am experiencing the same issue here as well. Yesterday was the second flight that my iPhone 12 Pro Max was dimming from the DJI app overheating the phone. It was not always like this until the last two flights (about 20 flights in total).  Very annoying and potentially dangerous. I don’t think I will be flying again until this issue has been resolved somehow.
2021-8-7
Use props
djiuser_902Alrf2Z8lD
New
Flight distance : 3789 ft
United States

This happened to me yesterday with my Air S2 using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.  I tried restarting my phone, but as soon as I started the DJI app, it went dim again.  

I have never had my phone dim before automatically.  (Yes I am sure auto brightness is off).  
2021-8-7
Use props
djiuser_MlqmofLKGeLS
lvl.1

United States

Same dimming experience with iPhone 12 mini. All was working until last firmware update.
2021-8-10
Use props
sillysocks34
New
Flight distance : 16719 ft
United States

Having a similar issue using an iphone XS and DJI Air. Makes it extremely hard to see in the sun. Tried shutting off the phone and that did not remedy it. Also have charging disabled in the app.
2021-8-19
Use props
cookski
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11974544 ft
United States

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max.  Same problem with screen dimming.  I have tried all the various suggestions on youtube/internet with no improvement.
2021-8-24
Use props
ihenni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198517 ft
United States

I had thought my issue with dimming screen was solved with removal of the phone charging. But it is not. I have the same issue and it appears to be random - today was not as hot as other days but the screen was near unreadable after 8 minutes of a 10 minute flight.
iPhone XS Max - Dji Mini 2
2021-8-26
Use props
DurianJJ
New

Singapore

Same here.  Maiden voyage of my mini 2 with iPhone 12 Pro today and the screen went dark.  Scared to fly it too far away.  Not the experience I was anticipating!
2021-8-27
Use props
fans954bafa8
New
Austria

DJI lacks in iOS skills and is not reading their own Forum posts! DJI Fly iOS app simply is broken and so poorly coded it makes the phone overheat and eventually even crash, which is really dangerous. On the other hand they wont fix it for months. Its ridicoulous!
2021-9-21
Use props
Photo FlyBoy Bob DeWitt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4618143 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's a quick fix for that.  Here's the link

https://dronefreak.com/iphone-dimming-while-using-dji-fly-app/

I hope that helps!
2022-8-25
Use props